Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Great Lever - Teenager stabbed to death

Spider

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

It’s got some decent sized houses on there, the Islamabad decor and plastic columns are creeping their way up there which brings down the area IMO
Its squashed between rishton lane and Bradford road, I’m surprised it’s still half decent 

THIS 

Very sad, what a waste, so young.

Walker Avenue was always posh to me (it was relative).  Gran lived round the corner on Rishton Lane and my mate in Hampton Road.  Last time I was down there Walkers Institute were still playing football and cricket there.

They still play football there.

Cricket field has been housing thirty years...

'Gruey' (off telly) 'lived' in a house (on telly) opposite the cricket field on the road to where Walkers still play...

The people who owned the house must've rued the day they allowed filming as all the neighbourhood kids used to call to ask if Gruey was in and was he coming out or not...

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They still play football there.

Cricket field has been housing thirty years...

'Gruey' (off telly) 'lived' in a house (on telly) opposite the cricket field on the road to where Walkers still play...

The people who owned the house must've rued the day they allowed filming as all the neighbourhood kids used to call to ask if Gruey was in and was he coming out or not...

Was the wall he wanted to jump round there?

• Site Supporter

The news showed a photo. Black hooded top and making a gang sign with his hand. (I’m not well versed in hand signs by yoof but it’s the one where index and little fingers are extended and middle & ring fingers closed) https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19277533.reece-tansey-tributes-bolton-teen-stabbing-victim-named/

I don’t think they could possibly have picked a photo more designed to give viewers the impression he was up to no good.

• Members
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The news showed a photo. Black hooded top and making a gang sign with his hand. (I’m not well versed in hand signs by yoof but it’s the one where index and little fingers are extended and middle & ring fingers closed) https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19277533.reece-tansey-tributes-bolton-teen-stabbing-victim-named/

I don’t think they could possibly have picked a photo more designed to give viewers the impression he was up to no good.

It's his Facebook profile photo. 

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

Was the wall he wanted to jump round there?

I dunno, never watched it.

Out playing.

Probably calling for him quite a bit.

I don't think they filmed much else around Bolton, just his house (outdoor) scenes...

The only walls of note in G/L are 'The Great Wall of China' (actually Pike Mill, an old retaining wall of a mill, possibly Pike Mill?) and The Brooklyn Wall on Greenland Road...

27 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Harold Hassall lived on Walker Avenue

Quite a few lived around there years ago.

Great Lever FC were also a decent club in the very early days of football, a few moved on and ended up playing for England.