Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Great Lever - Teenager stabbed to death

Spider

The only reason kids pick up knives is fear. 

Get boxing/self defence taught in school either as extra classes or part of the curriculum.

You’ll never stop young lads waning a tear up, it’s part of their DNA. 

Like Royal says, the sentences for carrying knives are a disgrace.

I don’t know if this one in Bolton is gang related but really don’t think it was. A scrap at a house party and the lads grabbed the nearest weapon imo.

Not sure how you stop that. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, royal white said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19279648.prestwich-man-sentenced-knife-possession-illegal-driving-bolton/?fbclid=IwAR30PozOha8IjoU45uoEjPGXRqP9Uz2e1IPjVFcnFuiZhFiOxokuyo4oQFc

Fkin waste of time these judges. Any cunt carrying a knife for no legitimate reason give them 10 years. If you use it then 20. 

I agree but then you'd have every little fucker being sent to already over crowded prisons 

Build more prisons I guess 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I agree but then you'd have every little fucker being sent to already over crowded prisons 

Build more prisons I guess 

Probably the best option. For years we have been hearing how the country is going to get tough on Knife crime yet week in week out you see reports similar to this. 

• Members
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Probably the best option. For years we have been hearing how the country is going to get tough on Knife crime yet week in week out you see reports similar to this. 

Need more police on the beat. Walking the streets at night. 
PCSO’s don’t work, what lunatic in their right mind would try and break up gangs at night with nothing but a pen and paper 

I know it’ll come down to funding but surely it’s a priority 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Need more police on the beat. Walking the streets at night. 
PCSO’s don’t work, what lunatic in their right mind would try and break up gangs at night with nothing but a pen and paper 

I know it’ll come down to funding but surely it’s a priority 

But if the police actual deal with these people then there is uproar as "Little Jonny was bored, joking, led astray". Look at the issues with stop and search. People soon get phones out kicking off at coppers doing their job. 

Parents need to get on it with this. 

Bigger prison sentences for carrying knives need to happen but then bigger sentences exist in America for most things and it doesn't do much to stop stuff there. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Big E said:

But if the police actual deal with these people then there is uproar as "Little Jonny was bored, joking, led astray". Look at the issues with stop and search. People soon get phones out kicking off at coppers doing their job. 

Parents need to get on it with this. 

Bigger prison sentences for carrying knives need to happen but then bigger sentences exist in America for most things and it doesn't do much to stop stuff there. 

What’s the maximum sentence for carrying a knife?

Let's turn loads of plastic wannabe gangster little shits into genuine ones - a quick two year finishing course in HMP Manc or Forest Bank and a certificate of competence and achievement dished out by G4 upon graduation.

There isn't one single cause or cure for this.

Anyhow...

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I read Scotland have had some amazing results in tackling knife crime, taking cues from Chicago.

https://quarterly.blog.gov.uk/2019/07/04/a-radical-approach-to-tackling-knife-crime-in-scotland/

They’re all too fucked on gear to be stabbing anyone up here.

Watched two kids today probably 15/16 from the local high school having a sneaky key after school on the walk home. 

• Members
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Watched two kids today probably 15/16 from the local high school having a sneaky key after school on the walk home. 

How much did you sell it for?

• Members
18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Christ how do they afford it? I saved my dinner money up all week so I could drink lambrini in a muddy field somewhere at 15!

How do they afford all the latest hoolie gear, the latest iphone, e-scooters and all the rest?

Fucking shithead parents who treat being a parent like a bleeding popularity contest.

The spoiled little fuckers aren't doing legitimate jobs and are too fucking thick to do any crime themselves (without being caught almost immediately).

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Christ how do they afford it? I saved my dinner money up all week so I could drink lambrini in a muddy field somewhere at 15!

Genuinely no idea. Assume they must be dealing summat themselves or perhaps a family member is. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

How much did you sell it for?

They couldn’t handle the proper stuff. Ask one of our posters who shall remain unnamed 🤪

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Genuinely no idea. Assume they must be dealing summat themselves or perhaps a family member is. 

They couldn’t handle the proper stuff. Ask one of our posters who shall remain unnamed 🤪

Lots and lots going on with county lines etc....

kids are not held accountable for their actions, so it escalates.