Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Things That Make You Feel Owd(er) Than You Really Are...

• Members
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Right you bunch of codgers @frank_spencer @Spider @bolton_blondie and whoever elsethe reason you ache abs creak isn’t totally because of your age it’s your tendons shortening because of a few things

Not exercising the right areas, not warming up and cooling down. Stretch for 10 mins before bed and you’ll become more flexible

Plenty of water because your muscles are dehydrated 

cod liver oil tablets take them every day to lubricate your joints 

A-z vitamins one a day abs you’ll feel better 

Stretch for 10 mins before bed you  say? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Right you bunch of codgers @frank_spencer @Spider @bolton_blondie and whoever else the  reason you ache and creak isn’t totally because of your age it’s your tendons shortening because of a few things

Not exercising the right areas, not warming up and cooling down. Stretch for 10 mins before bed and you’ll become more flexible

A-z vitamins one a day and you’ll feel better 

yeah doc said that when i went to see him and my knees have been worse since we've been without a dog.

Used to do miles a day walking round site and walking the mutt when i got home.

Had to stop working to care for the Mrs and mini me so that cut down on the walking then the dog got old and then popped it so my only real walking this past year has been round the supermarket.

Depression doesn't help on the exercise front either, hopefully once Miami's rivals have finished the roof and lock down is lifted we can get a hound and i'll be back active again.

59 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Right you bunch of codgers @frank_spencer @Spider @bolton_blondie and whoever else the  reason you ache and creak isn’t totally because of your age it’s your tendons shortening because of a few things

Fellow pisspots.

Get on the Milk Thistle.

I have full bloods done three times a year and counts related to Liver Function last time were amazing - one would think I'd been a Mormon on a Native American Dry Reservation in Iceland all my life.

The only variable changed was the addition of this supplement around January (after flunking most heinously in the same categories in that month's test).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Taking my bike out on the first sunny day of the year then getting continuous cramp and aching all over like I've been a ball in the England scrum the next morning.

Buying newspapers rather than looking at a telephone.

Nowt makes me feel older than I am. Unfortunately I’ve reached the age where…

I prefer to sit down at footy

I like Radio 2

I prefer an automatic car

I prefer other alcohol than beer

Body popping isn’t a 1980s dance craze. It’s the sound of me getting up off the settee

Oh aye, The King Bill is being left to rack and ruin...

How long before it's 'unsafe' and has its listed status whipped away.

And The Octagon, surely now 'The Oblong'...really boring design.

It was probably cutting edge stuff once, when 'Fawlty Towers' and 'The Good Life' were telly hits...

Looks crap now - nondescript, could be a health centre or offices.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Rudy said:

Not recognising a song on the top 10 at 10 

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

Yeah but it’s not always the same year is it you flange!

It used to be, not sure why they changed the format 

Another thing that will make me feel old is if you don't remember the "clutter free three" on Rock FM

10 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Getting up for a piss about three times a night - which is a false scenario because I take a 2L Fizzy Mineral Water to bed every night and sup it in my sleep...

If I take flat stuff I hardly touch it - no need to get up for a piss...

Listening to certain techno mixes I enjoyed as a youth - Dave Clarke, Jeff Mills, Dave Angel etc. - they seem comically fast now. I wouldn't admit I (still) like them, they ain't aged well...

My trainer preference. I think the yoot have, in the main, utter shite taste, so I refuse to budge on this matter - hopefully the wheel will turn back once more...

I don't think DC or JM have aged badly at all. Into Ophase and his ilk nowadays.

Was deliberating getting tickets to Jeff Mills and Ben Klock in Liverpool in July but can't see it happening now! 😢

Edited by kent_white

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

Excuse me Dr Rudy , what do you recommend for this embarrassing rash ?

Will it get worse and turn green ?

• Members
27 minutes ago, embankment said:

Excuse me Dr Rudy , what do you recommend for this embarrassing rash ?

Will it get worse and turn green ?

Have you seen any ladies of the night recently?