Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The morning after the day the before

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Gonzo has said it all.

It's not that long ago that we were the laughing stock of English football, with no mark piss-pot clubs like Tranmere,  Doncaster, Fleetwood and FGR trying to get us closed down.

Us, with more history than them all put together. Cheeky fuckers.

Well, there's two trampled over, and we're coming for the others.

I know I keep saying this, but Sharon and FV must have seen something worth saving, and now she and us have been proved right.

FV, 8,000 ST holders and countless others can hold their heads high.

Happy Sunday indeed.

5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Excellent Post 

At times like this its also good to see how others now see us 

This from a Blackburn Rovers fan sums it up perfectly for me - we should all hold our heads up high ... 

"To be fair....I would have liked Bolton to be promoted....and, over the years nobody has disliked them more than I have .....the reason being

... they hit the wall, they were ruined by dreadful ownership, they were left with nothing .....but pride in the shirt, a local owner, a decent, progressive manager and 15,000 gate next season ( Covid permitting) gives them a soul ....something we , at Ewood , can only dream of... "

Is that from a forum or twitter?

7 minutes ago, Traf said:
After a decade of decline, we can finally say we're heading in the right direction with good owners.

Two years ago we had to set up a food bank for staff.
Administration and a 12 point deduction followed through no fault of ours and there was nothing fans, staff or players could do.
The previous owners run away on a lavish island without a care and attempted murder of a football club.

The first time in 3 years we completed our fixture list 😂
Today is our day.
Today is the day we say we're on our way back.

This season has been incredibly challenging. Sitting in 20th as of February. A winning streak like no other 40 minutes from promotion last week.
This week has been horrible waiting, hoping, praying.

No one has ever achieved promotion after being In the Bottom 3 after 5 games until today
No one has ever been 20th in February and won promotion.
No one had achieved promotion under a transfer embargo until Bolton in 2017.

We have yet again achieved the impossible.
I love you Bolton. My football club. #onourwayback
COYWM! UTFW!

TOP POST, we'll said.

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Wasn’t too long ago I was having sleepless nights thinking our club was going to go bust

Frantically checking online every hour looking for any glimmer of hope that someone would save us. 

Ken Anderson made me so mad and angry at what he had done to my club. 

Will forever be grateful to Sharon, FV, IE and our top top fans. 

What a difference 

Great post, we should not forget where we've come from and what might have been, and we won't.

Whatever happens from here on, Sharon is a BW legend up there with the others we still hero worship, she deserves permanent recognition in our history.

Not just for what she's done for BWFC but the positive personal impact she's had on the Bolton community.

10 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

The fact that it’s promotion from league 2 is absolutely irrelevant. 

the Demise if this great football club over the past 10 years has been horrific. Not many if any have gone through anything like it and I’m not just on about on the pitch. The club was given its last rights and it doesn’t bear thinking about a life without BWFC and football every Saturday with familiar faces. The joy, the celebrations, the tears all of it. 

that chapter is now closed. This huge, fantastic, community football club one of the founding statesmen of the league in this country is slowly but surely coming out of the dark. 

we have the club we know and love back. We’re connected, we trust it and we’re starting to see it giving it us back in return 

Top post, especially that last bit.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

No one has ever achieved promotion after being In the Bottom 3 after 5 games until today
No one has ever been 20th in February and won promotion.
No one had achieved promotion under a transfer embargo until Bolton in 2017.

A top post in it’s entirety Traf, but the final few facts caught my eye. I thought we were doing something very rarely done by teams, but to be the first team ever to achieve these things in a season is just incredible. What a season indeed.