Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oasis - Shheeite.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm with you on this BUT let's not rewrite history, Rock n Roll star when it came out sounded great after lots of just American stuff (which I love)

The problem is it just hasn't stood the test of time at all..it's like.seeing old.pictures of yourself, no one likes it.

Whereas some.of their contemporaries have fared better, and a lot of the 'grunge' bands (Stone Temple Pilots aside) have aged really well, because, let's be honest they were either punk, classic rock or metal bands.

I always thought Happy Mondays were a better band than Stone Roses.

Oasis were crap.

• Members

If you don’t like Oasis fair enough. 

I would say my music taste is quite diverse. Today I’ve had on Del Shannon, Ice Cube, Nirvana, Faithless, Nina Simone, Gypsy Kings, AJ Tracey, so I think I appreciate all types of music and open minded to try new music

However after listening to some of the shite I have just tried Kreator, Cannibal corpse, etc I flat out refuse to EVER accept someone’s critique of music I love or any future opinion  who listens to that as music. 

That should be used in Guantanamo and the label who allowed it to be released should be tried at The Hague. 

Shove cradle of filth and devils vagina and bag of foetuses up your arse.

WANK

Oasis very much of their moment. If you were young before Be Here Now they were mint. Love Happy Mondays but nowhere near Stone Roses for me musically. Squire top guitarist and rhythm section just ace. 

A promotion can be enjoyed too much Youri mate, look after yourself. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• Members
Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

Anyway I've heard your long emphasized Sheeeeit in the voice of Senator Clay Davis from The Wire. 

I was disappointed he didn’t do it in Your Honour 

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you don’t like Oasis fair enough. 

I would say my music taste is quite diverse. Today I’ve had on Del Shannon, Ice Cube, Nirvana, Faithless, Nina Simone, Gypsy Kings, AJ Tracey, so I think I appreciate all types of music and open minded to try new music

However after listening to some of the shite I have just tried Kreator, Cannibal corpse, etc I flat out refuse to EVER accept someone’s critique of music I love or any future opinion  who listens to that as music. 

That should be used in Guantanamo and the label who allowed it to be released should be tried at The Hague. 

Shove cradle of filth and devils vagina and bag of foetuses up your arse.

WANK

You've just fucked up your first opened mindedness sentence.

• Members
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

You've just fucked up your first opened mindedness sentence.

Better than fuckin up my ear drums or mental well being from listening to hitlers tampon

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Better than fuckin up my ear drums or mental well being from listening to hitlers tampon

Kreator and Cannibal Corpse are probably jumping in at a bit of a metal deep end to be fair, there are loads you might like that perhaps are not such at that end of the scale.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Kreator and Cannibal Corpse are probably jumping in at a bit of a metal deep end to be fair, there are loads you might like that perhaps are not such at that end of the scale.

Get fucked

All or nothing if you’re going to be metal.

I cut my teeth listening to Bathory, Napalm Death and Obituary.

Noel has built a career on 3 chords. One of the funniest things I've seen was him explaining the chords he used in Wonderwall to George Martin.

He's introduced a new one now he's gone solo, so he sticks that in almost every song he writes now. B7 if you're interested👍

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Get fucked

Like the Labour party - its a broad (Metal) Church (guitarist covered for Hetfield when he burnt his arm on the 91 tour with Guns n Roses)

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Noel has built a career on 3 chords. One of the funniest things I've seen was him explaining the chords he used in Wonderwall to George Martin.

He's introduced a new one now he's gone solo, so he sticks that in almost every song he writes now. B7 if you're interested👍

Wonderwall is 4 chords (might be 5)

• Members
12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Metallica, Black Sabbath do they count? 

Just now, mickbrown said:

Aye fair enough. Still, he ain't no Squire.

Or Marr, but let’s face it, who is?

• Members
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Good point. 

Marr's a fucking genius with the stuff he's written, but technically most of it isn't too difficult to play.

The thing with Marr is he’s like Nile Rodgers, people want to replicate them and their sound but I’m not even sure they know how they’ve done it 

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

Get fucked

Don't know anyone who went to a Bathory gig.

Done at least 4 Napalm Death.

Not sure about Obituary

Just now, embankment said:
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Metallica until And Justice, Black Sabbath - until Dio ( I wil argue anyone on this)

Try a bit of Celtic Frost. You never know.

You want some new stuff try.

Scythian Fate

Wolf Jaw

Vane ( pirate metal)

Arch Enemy 

Behemoth 

King Creature 

You will not be disappointed 

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The thing with Marr is he’s like Nile Rodgers, people want to replicate them and their sound but I’m not even sure they know how they’ve done it 

Marr says he hears 'light' rather than chords or notes and that's the best way he can describe it.

Best Mancunian guitarist at that time and good mates with Marr? Billy Duffy from The Cult