Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oasis - Shheeite.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Have to say after not listen to Maiden after being,  a massive fan when I was younger I've been listening to them loads. The great thing about being older is you don't give a crap and enjoy what you want.

Them and AC/DC have been playing a lot in my ears lately even though I never really listened to them when I was younger, was more into funk/industrial metal than hard rock back then 

Oasis were fucking brilliant and one of the greatest bands to walk this planet. 

Never get tired of their songs. Some absolute peaches. 

Fair enough if you don’t like their stuff but surely you have to respect what they did? The started a whole generation of music and created an era that’s probably not been since. 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Still got tickets for Download, would have been first time seeing them (I'd have put up with Kiss for the other half)

Download will be great next year.

Think it will be my 3rd  time seeing Maiden there .Could be 4th

52 minutes ago, Zico said:

Them and AC/DC have been playing a lot in my ears lately even though I never really listened to them when I was younger, was more into funk/industrial metal than hard rock back then 

Now AC/DC live is a sight to behold.

59 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Oasis were fucking brilliant and one of the greatest bands to walk this planet. 

Never get tired of their songs. Some absolute peaches. 

Fair enough if you don’t like their stuff but surely you have to respect what they did? The started a whole generation of music and created an era that’s probably not been since. 

Nah - they were shite.

They were crap.

And a pair of twats.

Laddish shite.

And two soft fickers.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Cannibal-Corpse.jpg?w=980&q=75

Your musical opinion no longer exists 

The one on the left would bum you

bloke at the front would chop you into 40 pieces

bloke on the right would eat you and shit you out

2 blokes at the back would share the turds equally and eat you again.

Oasis brought out two ground breaking albums. Changed the music world. Good on them

Followed them up with three half decent albums.

Disappeared up their own arse after about 2005

Noel became a self important cunt, Liam became a Simpsons character

But those first two albums……

42 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Oasis brought out two ground breaking albums. Changed the music world. Good on them

Groundbreaking?

Utter shite.

A couple of nobheads got lucky...

Happy Mondays were a great Band Oasis were crap.

12 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Still got tickets for Download, would have been first time seeing them (I'd have put up with Kiss for the other half)

Download will be great next year.

Think it will be my 3rd  time seeing Maiden there .Could be 4th

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

Cannibal-Corpse.jpg?w=980&q=75

Your musical opinion no longer exists 

Fuck me all the moshers at my school were gimps who’d been bullied or had no mates. 

Yeah let’s paint our nails black and don’t wash our hair for months to make us look really tough :D

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Not forgetting The Masterplan. Best of them all.

• Members
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fuck me all the moshers at my school were gimps who’d been bullied or had no mates. 

Yeah let’s paint our nails black and don’t wash our hair for months to make us look really tough :D

Correct mate. One lad had a coffin style backpack. He said to me that my soul was dirty. I said souls don’t exist. 
So he bought it off me for a £5 and a bottle of Mad Dog and are the piece of paper. Weird cunt

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not forgetting The Masterplan. Best of them all.

Definitely maybe

Whats the story

Masterplan 

Be here now yeah I’m not having it but apart from that the rest of their albums are littered with fuckin belters. 
Dig out your soul album is quality and their best since The Masterplan.

Watching them live was another a level. 50,000 people singing Champagne Supernova on a hot summers night all day in the ale is as close to unified happiness I’ll ever witness outside of a football stadium

Edited by Rudy

15 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

How shit were they?

Pub rock.

Out Of plastecine

Fuck off

One decent album and even that was mainly full of ripped off songs. Became a novelty band.

Used to prefer them to Blur but as I've got older and wiser I've realised Blur wrote songs the Noel could only dream about.

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Correct mate. One lad had a coffin style backpack. He said to me that my soul was dirty. I said souls don’t exist. 
So he bought it off me for a £5 and a bottle of Mad Dog and are the piece of paper. Weird cunt

Definitely maybe

Whats the story

Masterplan 

Be here now yeah I’m not having it but apart from that the rest of their albums are littered with fuckin belters. 
Dig out your soul album is quality and their best since The Masterplan.

Watching them live was another a level. 50,000 people singing Champagne Supernova on a hot summers night all day in the ale is as close to unified happiness I’ll ever witness outside of a football stadium

even better than when you came to the FistMaster3000 launch on the summer of '17 (the final event at the inaugural FistFest) , when over 10K of us, atop Winter Hill, all inserted at the same time, it took that much power out of the grid, that every TV in the land flickered for a couple of seconds, and the collective hum was enough to send shockwaves through the atmosphere that sent sonar reliant animals wildly off course for several hours?

Edited by Sweep