Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oasis - Shheeite.

8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

and that not 19 forever band, who I still can't remeber the name of.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

The most overrated band of all time. The Courteeners

Can't claim to be a big fan or know much of their stuff but it was a great moment when they played that song at the end of the Coventry game with the kids. I'd have played Paul Hardcastle, which is why I do what I do and I'm not on the wheels of steel at the Wanderers. 

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

In massive gigs, you land and get taken to the stage, the helicopter doesn't land two yards out from the stage. Also Kenbworth is a massive country estate.

No but the biggest band in the country don't sit in Mini buses trying to weave through 250,000 people leaving a gig , and that's what Mick is saying happened . Also don't you think the Helicopter and all the celebrity hangers on's  Helicopters would land away from the mass crowds like behind the stage or in an area to the side ?

Edited by dusan nikolic

3 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

No but the biggest band in the country don't sit in Mini buses trying to weave through 250,000 people leaving a gig .

I'm calling bullshit on this one as well.

I was there on the Saturday. Walked an hour back to nearest train station past cars which were completely gridlocked and at least two helicopters left. My dad was known to go on about his mate Keith who flew Anneka Rice around for Treasure Hunt from his time in RN so was source of amusement to my mates.

Fecking mental scenes at the branch line style station as 10's of thousands descended upon it trying to get back to that there London village. By time we got back to Euston only thing found open was a dodgy reggae club. Whiled away few hours till tubes started up again.

...and yep they were shite on the day apart from John Squire coming on and wigging out on Champagne Supernova.

The Chemicals in mid afternoon and Prodigy made the most of the sound system. 

2 minutes ago, green genie said:

I'm calling bullshit on this one as well.

I was there on the Saturday. Walked an hour back to nearest train station past cars which were completely gridlocked and at least two helicopters left. My dad was known to go on about his mate Keith who flew Anneka Rice around for Treasure Hunt from his time in RN so was source of amusement to my mates.

Fecking mental scenes at the branch line style station as 10's of thousands descended upon it trying to get back to that there London village. By time we got back to Euston only thing found open was a dodgy reggae club. Whiled away few hours till tubes started up again.

...and yep they were shite on the day apart from John Squire coming on and wigging out on Champagne Supernova.

The Chemicals in mid afternoon and Prodigy made the most of the sound system. 

Great line up of bands though and in fairness it was probably 125,000 people each night so I got that wrong but driving from the gigs through the crowds , I'm personally finding that strange. 

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

Great line up of bands though and in fairness it was probably 125,000 people each night so I got that wrong but driving from the gigs through the crowds , I'm personally finding that strange. 

125000 each day. Two hour queue for ale. Cardboard boxes to carry extra pints were going for 20 quid.

7 minutes ago, green genie said:

125000 each day. Two hour queue for ale. Cardboard boxes to carry extra pints were going for 20 quid.

The joys of the gig goer . Amazing to think they went from gigs at Southend etc  to Knebworth in little over a year . Great times and a great band to spearhead it.

8 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

The joys of the gig goer . Amazing to think they went from gigs at Southend etc  to Knebworth in little over a year . Great times and a great band to spearhead it.

The Roses and Charlatans were my bands. Caught on to SR on Elephant Stone so got to Blackpool,  Ally Pally and Spike Island. The thought you were part of something potentially uge was amazing.

Oasis happened so fast every twat in the country was on them in a flash giving birth to the lad singalong hell that large gigs have become. 

Feck me I'm old, but not too old to take lads to Charlatans in Dec and to see new band Pastel who I reckon will be next big guitar band support Affleck's Palace (originals band for Total Stone Rose's lads)

Now wheres me flares

Edited by green genie

On 11/05/2021 at 17:20, kent_white said:

He was exciting for about 2 years in the 90's. Now he's turned into a British version of Dave Grohl. And that's not a compliment.

Well, his sold out gigs, number 1 albums / releases....TV gig viewing numbers, virtual ticket sales numbers say otherwise.

I've not followed this thread for a few days, I'm assuming that the current situation is as follows:

@Youri McAnespiedoesn't like Oasis, and thinks they're biz

@Not in Crawleyis suggesting that Blur are better than Oasis

@Rudythinks Cannibal Corpse are the greatest band of all time

@Pablowould happily have BUMFUN with Liam Gallagher

Everybody else thinks Oasis are ace, but are aware that they were certainly "of their time" but aren't as "ground breaking" as some would have you believe, unlike The Happy Mondays or Art & Garfunkel

• Members
24 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've not followed this thread for a few days, I'm assuming that the current situation is as follows:

Everybody else thinks Oasis are ace, but are aware that they were certainly "of their time" but aren't as "ground breaking" as some would have you believe, unlike The Happy Mondays or Art & Garfunkel

048-ECCAB-48-A0-4091-A539-80-E030-D27-DB

How could I not be

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Nailed it, rkid.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Well, his sold out gigs, number 1 albums / releases....TV gig viewing numbers, virtual ticket sales numbers say otherwise.

It's each to their own Pabs but if you go by your gauges bands like the Bay City Rollers were musical Gods. The general public are no great guide to what's good/shite... Personally I thought Definitely Maybe & Morning Glory were excellent albums, since then they've done the odd great song but most of their stuff has been pretty bland. 

• Members

I cum blood

Hammer smashed face

Addicted to cannibal skin

Entrails ripped from a virgins cunt

Rotting Head

These are all songs by cannibal corpse. The nerve to be a fan of this shit and criticise another band or someone else taste in music.

I’ve said it before

Get

to

fuck

• Members
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I cum blood

Hammer smashed face

Rotting Head

These are all songs by cannibal corpse. The nerve to be a fan of this shit and criticise another band or someone else taste in music.

I’ve said it before

Get

to

fuck

Serial killer lyrics

6 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's each to their own Pabs but if you go by your gauges bands like the Bay City Rollers were musical Gods. The general public are no great guide to what's good/shite... Personally I thought Definitely Maybe & Morning Glory were excellent albums, since then they've done the odd great song but most of their stuff has been pretty bland. 

Keane have had more number one albums than him

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Rudy said:

I cum blood

Hammer smashed face

Rotting Head

I’ve said it before

Get

to

fuck

8 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Serial killer lyrics

How did we not see this coming 

EsN9ghF.jpg