Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oasis - Shheeite.

• 2 weeks later...

Just can't stand the singing, the funk rock, the 'wacky' personas, the songs, the lyrics, the fact walk into any continental European city and you'll see a RHCP t shirt within five minutes worn by someone you knows uses the word Dude without irony, the endless skeppiddy dippipity boppity Californnniiiiaaaaa every other track, the book Scar Tissue and bassist who calls himself Flea, the fact as soon as an acoustic guitar is passed round someone will start playing Under the Bridge and sing with their eyes closed, the murdering of Higher Ground, the socks on cocks, the name, that Roller Coaster of Love video, the cameos in Point Break...

That aside...

• Members
44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just can't stand the singing, the funk rock, the 'wacky' personas, the songs, the lyrics, the fact walk into any continental European city and you'll see a RHCP t shirt within five minutes worn by someone you knows uses the word Dude without irony, the endless skeppiddy dippipity boppity Californnniiiiaaaaa every other track, the book Scar Tissue and bassist who calls himself Flea, the fact as soon as an acoustic guitar is passed round someone will start playing Under the Bridge and sing with their eyes closed, the murdering of Higher Ground, the socks on cocks, the name, that Roller Coaster of Love video, the cameos in Point Break...

That aside...

You don’t half talk some shite

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Probably copied and pasted from somewhere else and couldn’t wait for an opportunity to post it

the bloke in point break was shit though 

Nope - all my own work, you see I'm quite good at writing copy, I do it everyday.

Why is it shite? You know what is shite?

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Music for people who don't like music.

• Members
28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nope - all my own work, you see I'm quite good at writing copy, I do it everyday.

You listen to CANNIBAL CORPSE. I’ve said it before the audacity for anyone to say they are good but other artists are shite is staggering. 
I don’t particularly care for RHCP but fucking hell they haven’t done a song called I Cum Blood, so therefore your opinion to me on how good certain music is null and void. 

Edited by Rudy

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You listen to CANNIBAL CORPSE. I’ve said it before the audacity for anyone to say they are good but other artists are shite is staggering. 
I don’t particularly care for RHCP but fucking hell they haven’t done a song called I Cum Blood, so therefore your opinion to me on how good certain music is null and void. 

I also like a song called Vomited Anal Tract by Carcass and Sebelius' An Festivo. Both of which I've had on today.

Music is a rich feast, dig in!

Just avoid the Red Hot Chilli side plates.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

So in summary you don’t like them then 😐

• Members
37 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I also like a song called Vomited Anal Tract by Carcass and Sebelius' An Festivo. Both of which I've had on today.

Music is a rich feast, dig in!

Just avoid the Red Hot Chilli side plates.

😂

• Site Supporter

Right

Ive steered largely clear of this thread for a bit as music is obviously subjective and it’s arguments that will go round in circles.

However, I WILL judge a band on its live performances, as that is the benchmark they use.

I have seen RHCP 5 times (3 times at festivals and twice on purpose). On each occasion they were dull as shite and their “sound” just got lost as soon as it came out of the speakers.

Theyre like watching a Phil Parkinson team. Drab, ineffective and most folk watching were halfway out the door long before the final whistle.

I liked Blood sugar sex magic for a while, but bizarrely I grew to find it a bit tedious. Decent albums will grow on you.

They do a song called Aeroplane that is uniquely awful and would get lesser bands shot.

• Site Supporter

I don’t hate them, by the way. But their success baffles me. I think they fall into a category of being a band that it’s cool to like.

You can buy a Ramones tshirt in Tesco, but I’d be surprised if most people buying them even know the Ramones are a music act.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Right

Ive steered largely clear of this thread for a bit as music is obviously subjective and it’s arguments that will go round in circles.

However, I WILL judge a band on its live performances, as that is the benchmark they use.

I have seen RHCP 5 times (3 times at festivals and twice on purpose). On each occasion they were dull as shite and their “sound” just got lost as soon as it came out of the speakers.

Theyre like watching a Phil Parkinson team. Drab, ineffective and most folk watching were halfway out the door long before the final whistle.

I liked Blood sugar sex magic for a while, but bizarrely I grew to find it a bit tedious. Decent albums will grow on you.

They do a song called Aeroplane that is uniquely awful and would get lesser bands shot.

Aeroplane is shocking. Dave Navarro overplaying, kids singing. God god awful

• Site Supporter

By the way

I know many of you probably wonder about this from time to time

But the “perfect” pop song is still very much up for debate.

Admittedly, there are only 2 genuine contenders, and it’s one of these:

Edited by Spider