Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

Horwich

Gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was here but seeing him at another club really highlights what a humungous tit he is. Potting Hill may be Shazzas best decision so far as Bolton owner. Hiring Evatt and sacking Phoenix have also been great choices.

nice to be able to trust the hierarchy of the club, feels strange!

Tranmere might be playing morecambe both needing new managers .
Strong rumours adams leaving for Bradford though it might not be announced till after the play offs 

if true might fuck morecambe up going into the games knowing he is leaving 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Very true, we could have given it someone internally, cheaper option and would have probably done a better job, as stated previously hindsight is a wonderful thing, I was quite happy with the appointment at the time, unfortunately he was a bigger loon than I thought he actually was.

Its the past, I'm sure nobody blames Queen Shazza and its forward looking from now on.

UTW

Queen Shazza is beyond reproach, I would happily fall on my sword to protect her.... In a Billy Joe Saunders stylee 😁

Hill seemed a decent appointment at the time.  I think the vast majority were happy.

It was the wrong appointment though but it was rectified.  The worst thing would've been to give him another season to go at it.  Thank goodness they didn't.

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Saturday's post-match interview.

15 minutes of it, someone must have left the fridge door open. Watch & weep.

https://youtu.be/rHW1Dk3nNf8

But as they enter the play-offs it must have been something pretty fundamental.

Very strange interview, listened to it pissed on Saturday and again this morning - doesn’t seem in a good place - right to get rid.

3 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Can see Gary bowyer getting the job short term after leaving Salford 

Big Sam and Lennon linked with the Salford job according to the Manchester news there going off the bookies 

Eminently possible.

££££

3 hours ago, Big E said:

I feel sorry for tranmere though. the man shouldn't be in football end of.

absolute balloon 

Not words I can conjure up to be honest. I mean ... I know each of them & know what they mean, but not put together in that order.p

4 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Don't see Sam dropping that low & from the last video I saw of Lennon I doubt he'll be managing anywhere for quite a while. 

It would be extraordinary, but the Class of '92 seem happy to splash the cash & Sam is always happy to take it. It won't work & he'll fall out with Rat Boy sooner or later.

I'm more looking forward to them losing interest tbh, maybe getting involved with a post Glazer Stretford & watching them slimk back down to where they came from ... nowhere.

The fact that we appointed Hill over someone like Nolan or David Lee will have made him easier to sack too and get in a more long term vision candidate.

Not that sacking Nolan or Lee would have alienated any fans but would have been a more questionable decision. 

Edited by Mantra

Watched parts of that that interview couldn't do the full 15 mins and it was a typical Keith Hill interview.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting sacked after just getting into the playoffs so very strange.

Something big must have gone on in the background or they have a name lined up.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

I may be wrong but I think Hill was Michael James choice..

That rumour was started by someone who obviously doesn’t understand that Michael James doesn’t have the final say in footballing decisions.

There weren’t many people grumbling at the time about Hill’s appointment.

Except maybe David Lee.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Steejay said:

That rumour was started by someone who obviously doesn’t understand that Michael James doesn’t have the final say in footballing decisions.

There weren’t many people grumbling at the time about Hill’s appointment.

Except maybe David Lee.

Plus we had 2 days to sign a team

I think he did fairly well with that bit