Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe safe?

MickyD

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Max Cherry said:

Praying they get demoted. I dont like them for some reason anyway but they and Wednesday have definitely been dodgy finance ways fir some time and its caught up with them now. Good and I would be pleased for lickle Wycombe 

Though Wycombe coming down might be better for us.. fuck it, Derby have had it coming for a while now! 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Hah that would be funny never liked them . Although it does say points penalty more likely to be applied next season .

I could understand the points deduction next season if they’d been relegated but they didn’t, they survived, arguably because they didn’t stick to FFP rules. 

Wednesday, for doing essentially the same, got a 6pt deduction THIS season. They wete relegated by less than this number of points.

Meanwhile Derby, as I say, doing essentially the same dtagged their feet & habe had the penalty deferred to next season. Thus having points advantage over the relegated clubs.

How is that fair & equitable ? 

I hope they go down, this or next season.

Derby have, on 3 occasions, pulled the club collapse card. Once was shameful enough & Bolton did, at least, try wholeheartedly not to use that route until it was impossible.

Oh ... & Marcus Gabbiadini. Twat.

I see similarities between Mel Morris and Ken Anderson, I hear stories of wages being late etc. etc. and one of the charges is how the club sold Pride Park to Morris. It was put to me that the only reason that a registered player became manager was because Morris didn't want to spend on a new manager.

Morris is now looking for a buyer for the club but he holds the keys to the ground... messy for any investor.

I believe Macclesfield were docked points at the end of last season so there is a precedent.

Their potential new owner, who has to show proof of funds to the EFL, has tweeted good morning with a picture of some fancy gaff.  Another Twitter user has pointed out that he's lifted the pic from some random house thing on Tik Tok

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Their potential new owner, who has to show proof of funds to the EFL, has tweeted good morning with a picture of some fancy gaff.  Another Twitter user has pointed out that he's lifted the pic from some random house thing on Tik Tok

Does he wear loafers & spend a lot of time suing people? 😂

I will have a soft spot for Wycombe after last season. 

I hope they stay up, can see no logic for a penalty that would have been implemented this season being deferred although there will be lawyers getting rich as usual  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Probably points deduction next season and under a transfer embargo.

But the point is, a points deduction now would be the punishment used against other clubs in similar positions. Didn’t Wigan’s punishment go on hold to see if they were relegated even without the deduction? They were relegated so the points deduction was held over to the following season. As has been stated, I’m sure the precedent has been set.

36 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But the point is, a points deduction now would be the punishment used against other clubs in similar positions. Didn’t Wigan’s punishment go on hold to see if they were relegated even without the deduction? They were relegated so the points deduction was held over to the following season. As has been stated, I’m sure the precedent has been set.

You're right.  Macclesfield actually stopped up last year but then a points deduction after the seasons end, sent them down instead of Stevenage.  The club folded as a result.  

Wycombe were a credit when we played them there with our kids. A class act tbf.

On the other hand, as has been said, Derby have used administration several times over the years to get out of their financial obligations, thereby stiffing umpteen creditors, and then re-emerging with a clean slate further down the line again. The shenanigans with the owner buying the ground and players wages accounting swerves to get around FFP have to be called out, and the punishment should be this season not next.

So fuck Derby. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

I will have a soft spot for Wycombe after last season. 

I hope they stay up, can see no logic for a penalty that would have been implemented this season being deferred although there will be lawyers getting rich as usual  

They were a class act as a club that day!

5 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

Wycombe were a credit when we played them there with our kids. A class act tbf.

On the other hand, as has been said, Derby have used administration several times over the years to get out of their financial obligations, thereby stiffing umpteen creditors, and then re-emerging with a clean slate further down the line again. The shenanigans with the owner buying the ground and players wages accounting swerves to get around FFP have to be called out, and the punishment should be this season not next.

So fuck Derby. 

Wycombe are a credit to the football league whereas Derby have a list of shithousery as long as the Leeds Liverpool canal.They need taking down a peg , even though as someone said we usually get Jack shit at there.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

You're right.  Macclesfield actually stopped up last year but then a points deduction after the seasons end, sent them down instead of Stevenage.  The club folded as a result.  

That showed ‘em!

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Surely Wigan were only relegated because the points deduction kicked in at end of last season - would have finished mid table without the deduction??

4 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Surely Wigan were only relegated because the points deduction kicked in at end of last season - would have finished mid table without the deduction??

They were, but as Micky points out, If they'd finished in the bottom 4 without any points having been deducted, then the deduction would have taken place the following year.

• Moderators

Derby will go down eventually so this should help 

Then Forest to complete the set alongside Sheff Weds in L1 

Then watch them spaff millions trying to get out of that league and constantly ballsing it up

4 hours ago, Dimron said:

I see similarities between Mel Morris and Ken Anderson, I hear stories of wages being late etc. etc. and one of the charges is how the club sold Pride Park to Morris. It was put to me that the only reason that a registered player became manager was because Morris didn't want to spend on a new manager.

Morris is now looking for a buyer for the club but he holds the keys to the ground... messy for any investor.

I believe Macclesfield were docked points at the end of last season so there is a precedent.

Wasn't the deal to get Rooney in as a player all done to the betting company who sponsor them?