Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Not going home? Anyone want to buy a stadium!

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The Rat Brothers should be interested Shirley, instead of the Subbuteo, bog with a 5,000 capacity they use now.

Frankly rescuing Bury should have been their principle aim. But no, it had to be an ego trip & a new ground, new club, new name.

And someone else's money.

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The Rat Brothers should be interested Shirley, instead of the Subbuteo, bog with a 5,000 capacity they use now.

Frankly rescuing Bury should have been their principle aim. But no, it had to be an ego trip & a new ground, new club, new name.

They’re talking about joining up with Sale RU and buying the AJ Bell Stadium 

It'll end up being housing, probably classed as a "brownfield" urban site so should go through planning relatively easily.

I was afraid of something similar happening to us in our darkest hours... the reebok was the lead project to get Middlebrook through planning as a "sports & leisure" development. It has now served it's purpose and if the club went bump then the stadium could easily be taken down and redeveloped, it could be seen as an embarrassment to all the other traders on match days etc. and I'd imagine a lot of folk avoid shopping there on those days.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dimron said:

It'll end up being housing, probably classed as a "brownfield" urban site so should go through planning relatively easily.

I was afraid of something similar happening to us in our darkest hours... the reebok was the lead project to get Middlebrook through planning as a "sports & leisure" development. It has now served it's purpose and if the club went bump then the stadium could easily be taken down and redeveloped, it could be seen as an embarrassment to all the other traders on match days etc. and I'd imagine a lot of folk avoid shopping there on those days.

No chance. It can’t get rid of a few minutes rainfall.

Got a to kept as a sporting venue apparently so no houses

this is good news for bury fc tbf it will leave the path clear for new consortiums 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Got a to kept as a sporting venue apparently so no houses

this is good news for bury fc tbf it will leave the path clear for new consortiums 

Ive heard the requirement to be a sporting venue, but give it ten years and vandalised to buggery....

On 12/05/2021 at 08:17, Leyther_Matt said:

They’re talking about joining up with Sale RU and buying the AJ Bell Stadium 

That will be one fucked up playing surface rugby league , rugby union and Man Utd reserves , Salford city and I think they play American football on it as well 

On 13/05/2021 at 18:00, Farnywhite said:

That will be one fucked up playing surface rugby league , rugby union and Man Utd reserves , Salford city and I think they play American football on it as well 

Man Utd reserves haven’t played there for a few years ago. And the talk is that it would only be Sale RU and Neville’s Pinkies with Salford RL turfed out. 

On 13/05/2021 at 18:00, Farnywhite said:

Manchester titans use one of the pitches outside the stadium. 

There was plans to hold 'Britbowl' there the end of season games from different levels

3 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I’ve heard Oldham Athletic are after using it, problems with their stands or something, that’s being banded about apparently

I believe the newish Joe Royle Stand is separately owned by the Council, a Bank and a previous owner of the club and has numerous safety issues which means it can't have a safety certificate

6 hours ago, Dimron said:

I believe the newish Joe Royle Stand is separately owned by the Council, a Bank and a previous owner of the club and has numerous safety issues which means it can't have a safety certificate

What a mess they’re in, I’d rather have old stands than that kind of rope around the clubs neck.