Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Have you ever yawned.....

kent_white

• Moderators

Started to notice this happening to me recently 

Not necessarily yawning either i don't think but going to try and take note 

Fortunately not happened talking to someone

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

And two jets of saliva have shot out from the underside of your tongue like you're a snake or something.

Happened to me twice this week. 

What's that all about them? 😁

My mate did exactly the same a week or so before he died.

HTH

• Members
6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

And two jets of saliva have shot out from the underside of your tongue like you're a snake or something.

Only happens to blur fans and homosexuals 

• Site Supporter

I read an interview with Jimmy Somerville a few years back and he actually mentions this. He reckons it’s a natural lubricant that all fancy fellas produce when they’ve been thinking about erect penises. Scientifically proven, he said.

11 hours ago, kent_white said:

Aren't you a Nurse? Saliva gland infection? Suck on a lemon. Or Sour Mix. You might have Bad A.i.ds?

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

You smoke Regal cigarettes,  closest you are to Royalty 👸 😉 😜 

No back in my smoking days I was a creamy Embassy man. Regal are Embassy sweep ups. Everyone knows that! 

And I'll have you know that I'm distantly related to the Tophams of Aintree! 🙂

• Moderators
14 hours ago, kent_white said:

No back in my smoking days I was a creamy Embassy man. Regal are Embassy sweep ups. Everyone knows that! 

And I'll have you know that I'm distantly related to the Tophams of Aintree! 🙂

Ha, I was Embassy too, mate was Regal, the rivalry was real 

But it was Lambert and Butler that were the sweep ups from the Regal/Embassy factory, or so we thought

49 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ha, I was Embassy too, mate was Regal, the rivalry was real 

But it was Lambert and Butler that were the sweep ups from the Regal/Embassy factory, or so we thought

That extra 8p per pack for Embassy was a guarantee that only the finest tobacco was used and that each cig was no doubt hand rolled! Lambert and Butler was known coloquially known as Lambert and Scrutler round these parts.

I've also just had a flashback to people who used to accumulate thousands of 'focus points' wrapped in elastic bands so that they could trade in the thousands of pounds (and couple of years they'd lost of life) they'd spent on fags for a new kettle.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That extra 8p per pack for Embassy was a guarantee that only the finest tobacco was used and that each cig was no doubt hand rolled! Lambert and Butler was known coloquially known as Lambert and Scrutler round these parts.

I've also just had a flashback to people who used to accumulate thousands of 'focus points' wrapped in elastic bands so that they could trade in the thousands of pounds (and couple of years they'd lost of life) they'd spent on fags for a new kettle.

I was going to mention focus points, one mate collected them so he got all ours 

He got a snooker table ashtray and some hair clippers, which we used to shave our heads pissed up the night before Wimbledon away, our first PL game