Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Day Out On A Coach Trip.

leigh white

In my survey of the " eat in " Fish & Chips shops of Britain, Whitby came top. I've been in 3 or 4 there that have all been great & even better with a view of the boats as you dine.

2nd  Whitehaven, 3rd an outsider, Huddersfield, next to the market.

Any south of say Stoke are inferior.

4 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Don't queue up for that chippy, apparently its one of life's big disappointments.

Like dominos & ferrero rochaey

3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

In my survey of the " eat in " Fish & Chips shops of Britain, Whitby came top. I've been in 3 or 4 there that have all been great & even better with a view of the boats as you dine.

2nd  Whitehaven, 3rd an outsider, Huddersfield, next to the market.

Any south of say Stoke are inferior.

I’m with va va. Whitby fish and chips best Ive had in the UK. Chippy at the bottom of the Great Orme ran them close but Whitby magnificent

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, leigh white said:

Phoned up this morning and coach fully booked, but they are putting on a second coach to............Whitby, yeah.

Me and Mrs. Fogarty are on the first coach, if your local firm is in Wigan. Didn't know it was filling up.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Based solely on my only visit there it’ll be full of goths and families on a day trip from Middlesbrough 

Me and Mrs. Fogarty went one time and it was Northern Soul weekend. I was skidding about on talc all day long.

There are some decent pubs serving good beer.

Edited by Francis Fogarty

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

I’m with va va. Whitby fish and chips best Ive had in the UK. Chippy at the bottom of the Great Orme ran them close but Whitby magnificent

I'll trump you with chippy in Cromer near the pier, proper chips and a fcuk off large piece of beautifully battered haddock with mushy peas, all that after a wonderful crab starter, magnificent. Washed down with local ale too boot.

1 hour ago, buckhurstwhite said:

I'll trump you with chippy in Cromer near the pier, proper chips and a fcuk off large piece of beautifully battered haddock with mushy peas, all that after a wonderful crab starter, magnificent. Washed down with local ale too boot.

Noted. I know Blakeney but not been to Cromer