Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

1 minute ago, SatanGreavsie said:

BWFC friendly bar it is though; FV bought it and got Remi Moses in to do it up as a football pub.  It now has "Shalom Britain" over the front door to welcome us in.

I've heard Tal Ben Haim hosts karaoke and open the box on a Saturday night. 

5 hours ago, kent_white said:

Supposed to be a beautiful place Tel Aviv.

Doesn't help when you've got hawks running the Israeli administration and terrorists running the Palestinian.

Had a couple of Jewish colleagues (admittedly they weren't poor) who spent their time between Tel Aviv and London. It looks completely stunning, and a great party city apparently.

9 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Yes you can. Most towns have few pubs and restaurants, but if you landed in a spaceship in Tel Aviv you wouldn't know you weren't in Spain. Plenty of bars.

Even Jerusalem has bars, mostly top end dearer establishments. There's not a 'Red Lion or a Scotchmans Arms' though, not like in Beni.

I wouldn't recommend the spaceship bit, the way things are at the moment.

I can see a giddy goose 2 appearing sometime soon :)

Went to Tel Aviv to watch England, it was the anniversary of the Mike's Bar bombing and we were warned not to go in just in case, the place was rammed by 5 0'clock, all the locals were coming out to shake our hands, I've never seen security like it going into shops and bars and the beach was brilliant, no mither at all

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Had a couple of Jewish colleagues (admittedly they weren't poor) who spent their time between Tel Aviv and London. It looks completely stunning, and a great party city apparently.

Would love to visit that part of the world. Nearly went a couple of years back. Imagine actually standing in the Garden of Gethsemane or on the shore of of the Sea of Galilee, or staying overnight in Bethlehem?

Might give it a wide berth for a couple of weeks! 😦

• Site Supporter

In Jerusalem there's always someone wanting your money for a genuine piece of the Cross or the robe or something.

Like it or not Yad Vashem is worth a visit.

Bethlehem is very Palestinian, and there's a 'boutique' hotel there designed and fitted out by famed wall scrawler Banksy called the Walled Off Hotel. (Get it ? Walled off, Waldorf). Looks very, er, boutique.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Would love to visit that part of the world. Nearly went a couple of years back. Imagine actually standing in the Garden of Gethsemane or on the shore of of the Sea of Galilee, or staying overnight in Bethlehem?

It'd be like the time I went to NYC and took in all the key places from Ghostbusters 1 & 2, was ace

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Yes, does sound amazing and if you like dance music - apparently its right up there (as you know I've got quite the finger on the dance music pulse 😄)

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

If you had to take sides; Israel or Palestine?

Was just about to question this...

Why have the lefty leaning clubs like Celtic and Wrexham and Scouse twitter become pro Palestine? 

Corbyn and his gaggle of wet wimps all seem to be pro palastine but I’ve no idea why. 

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Why have the lefty leaning clubs like Celtic and Wrexham and Scouse twitter become pro Palestine? 

Corbyn and his gaggle of wet wimps all seem to be pro palastine but I’ve no idea why. 

It's like a Fleetwood overspill moving on to Cleveleys soil and moving you oiks out to N Shore B/Pool.

25 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Antisemitism is the simple answer

25 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Because they hate the west!

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

As Conservative party donor Dave Whelan said "Jewish people chase money more than everybody else"

Left wing types prefer people to have other priorities than how much money they've got

I've worked for Jewish people in N Manc when I was younger, and Whelan was not far out with that statement.