Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

• Site Supporter

You’re asking Celtic and Rangers to make friends make friends never never break friends.

Intolerance will exist on both sides until the meteor comes to put us all out of our misery.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

You’re asking Celtic and Rangers to make friends make friends never never break friends.

Intolerance will exist on both sides until the meteor comes to put us all out of our misery.

Exactly, it will never be resolved

https://iranintl.com/en/world/israel-palestinian-conflict-likely-affect-nuclear-talks-iran-analyst-says

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

You do realise antisemitism has gone on for many centuries

I'm sure I heard that there are only actually around 15M Jews in the world.....which is a similar number to how many Mormons there are I believe.

It's incredible that such a small group of people stir such high emotions, over thousands of years, all manner of folk have had it in for them, from the time of the Pharaohs (and probably earlier) to modern day. It all seems very odd

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm sure I heard that there are only actually around 15M Jews in the world.....which is a similar number to how many Mormons there are I believe.

It's incredible that such a small group of people stir such high emotions, over thousands of years, all manner of folk have had it in for them, from the time of the Pharaohs (and probably earlier) to modern day. It all seems very odd

Yes, almost as many in the States as in Israel.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Sweep said:

In fairness there may have been quite a lot more if it wasn't for large scale ethnic cleansing in the 40s.

13 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

A picture of beauty from Iran, why the fuck can't people just get along with each other ?

Religion and ethnic backgrounds. Its a ticking time bomb thats been slowly ticking away.... well not any more. The world is fucked...  unless you live in Iceland 

• Site Supporter

One thing I just don't understand about the Israeli government's policy is this one of forcibly moving Palestinians out of their homes.

Doesn't matter who you are, that kind of policy is never going to end well. Given their history of persecution you would think they wouldn't be so aggressive. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

One thing I just don't understand about the Israeli government's policy is this one of forcibly moving Palestinians out of their homes.

Doesn't matter who you are, that kind of policy is never going to end well. Given their history of persecution you would think they wouldn't be so aggressive. 

Perhaps the teather's end has been reached.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Aye, I'm not taking sides because it doesn't bother me as such 

But as I see it, after the war the Jews wanted some restitution for what happened to them so decided on Israel, and went on to do bad things to Palestinians in order to get it, which is a bit hypocritical and twatty, so I don't blame them for fighting back  

But I'm sure a Jew would tell me otherwise, and I'd have no retort 

So leave them to it

• Site Supporter

Why didn’t they just build Israel in Germany? They were the ones who caused them the most aggro from what I can see.

Instead of a Berlin Wall, it could have been ze vailling vall .

Building Israel right next door to th’arabs wasn’t good planning.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why didn’t they just build Israel in Germany? They were the ones who caused them the most aggro from what I can see.

It's their historic homeland though isn't it. Jerusalem is a holy city for them as well.

Perhaps also provides a friendly presence in amongst those 'dirty Arabs'.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

They didn’t just look around and ask if there was a brownfield area going spare anywhere in the world. The placing was a bit more down to history than that

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

They didn’t just look around and ask if there was a brownfield area going spare anywhere in the world. The placing was a bit more down to history than that

It wasn't far off that! Several areas all over the world were considered until they plumped for the middle east.

Things will calm down after a while, like they usually do, but there'll still only be 1 side with a state, a handful of dead Israeli adults and significantly more dead Arab adults and children.  Depressing.