Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We didn't help anyone in this situation and neither side looks on us favourably at all but we weren't the ones who decided where the homeland was going to be.

Really?

Should have left the nazis to their thing then?

Post ottoman, we were quite involved in what became Israel too.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

The Zionists decided to "ascend" to Palestine at the end of the 19th century, not sure wtf Germany has got to do with that.

They don't. However my initial post was reference to Britain's efforts in the war rescuing the oppressed.

You chose to expand it beyond that.

If however, you go back far enough, then it very much belongs to the Jews doesn't it?

• Site Supporter
Just now, London Wanderer said:

No we've established it is... Why don't you try answering the question? 👍

Did you read the article Miami put up?

Genuine question; assuming it's true, then it really makes the situation far more complex than just one sided land grabbing. 

Then chuck in the actual land grabbing and things get worse.

Watched an article a while back about a farmer who's family had had the farm for some time. Comes home to find a notice of eviction posted on his property- nothing prior to it, and a matter of days to get out.

Totally twatty and no wonder the circle continues.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Genuine question; assuming it's true, then it really makes the situation far more complex than just one sided land grabbing. 

Then chuck in the actual land grabbing and things get worse.

Watched an article a while back about a farmer who's family had had the farm for some time. Comes home to find a notice of eviction posted on his property- nothing prior to it, and a matter of days to get out.

Totally twatty and no wonder the circle continues.

So what if it was in your familys generation and you had to leave because of war. When you return someone else has taken over it. Would you be happy with that? Then the law where you live states you can claim it back because its in a disputed area. What would you do?

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes 👍 he's posted a few interesting articles on the thread.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that. See my previous longer post about my trip out there & how complex the situation is. I've never suggested otherwise.

I think a lot of people underestimate the brutality of the land grabbing. You've got whole villages & communities (many where there is little support for Hamas) that have their water supply cut, crops burnt, homes demolished & workplaces flooded. These families have lived & worked there for generations. 

4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

So what if it was in your familys generation and you had to leave because of war. When you return someone else has taken over it. Would you be happy with that? Then the law where you live states you can claim it back because its in a disputed area. What would you do?

5 million plus Palestinian refugees have the right to claim back their homes and land under international law. What happens if they decide to do that?

I'm not the biggest fan of Benny Morris but at least he's honest how he sees that ending up.

7 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Do you think international law favours terrorism like you do?

Thought it would actually be worth having a discussion with you about this before this comment.

All I've argued is that it's a complex situation with two sides committing atrocities. But because I'm questioning your pro-Israel stance on it then I'm a terrorist sympathiser? Care to explain why? 

I'm sure Paul will be along soon to tell you I'm marginalising you 😁 

Israeli law allows Jews who can prove pre-1948 title to recover their properties. It does not afford the same right to Palestinians. This doesn't make the UN terrorist sympathisers for pointing out the hypocrisy of it. Your statement also makes the assumption that all Palestinians are terrorists. 

It was over 70 years ago. Plenty of the land grabbing does not happen in areas that were lost during the war. 

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

5 million plus Palestinian refugees have the right to claim back their homes and land under international law. What happens if they decide to do that?

I'm not the biggest fan of Benny Morris but at least he's honest how he sees that ending up.

Nothing. Because the big boys of Palestine don't care about the people. It would never happen. Even if land was issued back I'm pretty sure the people that lost it wouldn't get it back.

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Thought it would actually be worth having a discussion with you about this before this comment.

All I've argued is that it's a complex situation with two sides committing atrocities. But because I'm questioning your pro-Israel stance on it then I'm a terrorist sympathiser? Care to explain why? 

Israeli law allows Jews who can prove pre-1948 title to recover their properties. It does not afford the same right to Palestinians. This doesn't make the UN terrorist sympathisers for pointing out the hypocrisy of it. Your statement also makes the assumption that all Palestinians are terrorists. 

It was over 70 years ago. Plenty of the land grabbing does not happen in areas that were lost during the war. 

It's what you do best. And what I've said is if Palestine put down their weapons then there would be peace.

Claim You're neutral then always lean on the opposite side. If you dont like what I say that's OK. The difference is I won't twist things you say. It must be tiring always being correct....a teacher thing I guess. 

Anyway... No worries, have a nice evening.

2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

And what I've said is if Palestine put down their weapons then there would be peace.

So you honestly think if the Palestinians put their weapons down Israel would halt any developmemt of settlements and transfer of people?

Left v Right 

Entrenched in a war raging on thousands of miles away. 

99.9% have no real affiliation to either side because they are neither Jew nor Muslim. 

This is peak wanderersways 

To quote the trifecta thread... "They're all cunts"

9 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Also.... as you've just found out. It's not nice being accused of something your obviously not. Take note.

Edited by wanderer1984

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

So you honestly think if the Palestinians put their weapons down Israel would halt any developmemt of settlements and transfer of people?

Who knows..  I don't. But I do think Israel would put their weapons away if Palestine did first. And it would stay that way until the Palestinians started again. 

16 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

It's what you do best. And what I've said is if Palestine put down their weapons then there would be peace.

Claim You're neutral then always lean on the opposite side. If you dont like what I say that's OK. The difference is I won't twist things you say. It must be tiring always being correct....a teacher thing I guess. 

Anyway... No worries, have a nice evening.

What the fuck are you waffling on about ? A teacher thing 🤣

Try actually answering the original questions - how am I sympathising with terrorists? What side am I leaning on? Please refer to my previous posts that say I am on the Palestinian side rather than coming out with lines like "it's what you do best". Ta chuck. 

And I'm the one twisting your words 😄

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Try actually answering the original questions - how am I sympathising with terrorists? What side am I leaning on? Please refer to my previous posts that say I am on the Palestinian side rather than coming out with lines like "it's what you do best". Ta chuck. 

Why are you on either side... 

Same question to everyone. 

18 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I've answered your questions. You just ask more and more because you don't get the answer you want to hear.

Its obvious what side you're on. All your sympathy is for Palestine. No shame in that but at least have the balls to admit it.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I want all those Salford folk who got kicked out of Sedgley Park and Higher Broughton and got moved on to L/H to claim that land back.

I bought my current car off a guy in higher Broughton. Water Park Road. Its still going strong. 

#goisrael

Literally my only preference on the debate. 

#downwithpalestine

#carefulnow

9 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I want all those Salford folk who got kicked out of Sedgley Park and Higher Broughton and got moved on to L/H to claim that land back.

Check the link i put up earlier re the tunnels mate,  Hamas might just employ you yet 😉 😜