Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

In the area and place I work in I work with a lot of Jewish folks, even the most liberal can turn slightly odd on this issue and I've learnt its generally best avoided unless you really are close with someone.

Went with a Jewish friend to see a performance by the leading Israeli state dance company, huge protests outside - Palestinians see this is cultural Zionism and that its another marker of the west's support. 

That's the closest I've ever come to a position on the situation!

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Don't be silly, the phraseology was leading. Itching to condem anyone who doesn't agree with your rather odd list of transgressions you scribbled down yesterday. 

Mounts gave an unbalanced view, I just pointed that out.

My rather odd list of transgressions - including cancel-culture, democracy-denying etc. The very same transgressions that have led people to desert the Labour party in their droves. You obviously don't recognise these as undesirable things in a democracy. Did you see the tweet I shared featuring your hero Tony Blair saying pretty much the same type of thing?

Mounts did not give an unbalanced view. He simply pointed out that people are firing rockets at Israeli targets and Israel has not unnaturally chosen to defend itself. I suspect you read newspapers that portray things differently however.

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

My rather odd list of transgressions - including cancel-culture, democracy-denying etc. The very same transgressions that have led people to desert the Labour party in their droves. You obviously don't recognise these as undesirable things in a democracy. Did you see the tweet I shared featuring your hero Tony Blair saying pretty much the same type of thing?

Mounts did not give an unbalanced view. He simply pointed out that people are firing rockets at Israeli targets and Israel has not unnaturally chosen to defend itself. I suspect you read newspapers that portray things differently however.

Are you not tired?

Anyway, like most fair minded people, I do believe there are issues at the moment, but then I'm also not ranting that people are stopping me saying or doing what I want to say and what I want to do. Do I think there are some really positive steps that have been made over the last few years? Yes. Do I agree with everything? No. See, balance - its important.

Mount's Post was unbalanced as its soley apportions blame to one side of this conflict which is clearly not the case. If you can't see that, I'm afraid I can't help you on that and maybe its best to get back to Woke Watch in case more words are annexed from your lexicon.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Are you not tired?

Anyway, like most fair minded people, I do believe there are issues at the moment, but then I'm also not ranting that people are stopping me saying or doing what I want to say and what I want to do. Do I think there are some really positive steps that have been made over the last few years? Yes. Do I agree with everything? No. See, balance - its important.

Mount's Post was unbalanced as its soley apportions blame to one side of this conflict which is clearly not the case. If you can't see that, I'm afraid I can't help you on that and maybe its best to get back to Woke Watch in case more words are annexed from your lexicon.

I don't think there was anything inaccurate in what Mounts said. Purely in the context of what kicked off  the violence in this latest chapter of the problems in that part of the world he's right. I'm sure Mounts could very easily talk about both perspectives if looking at the issue as a whole through history and recognise that neither has even close to a perfect track record.

Go outside - enjoy the lilacs and the wisteria and breathe in the fresh air of a country free of the EU, with a Conservative majority of 80+  and Bolton Wanderers on the march again. Progress has indeed been made.

And in answer to your question - no, not in the least bit tired. 

Oh aye - I would request you don't give woke a capital w. It doesn't warrant it.

I would be if I was you, carrying around a lot there, Wokeness on every corner stopping you.....well, not sure what.

So you can't see it, fair enough, I can see from your posts that you generally don't get this sort of thing, it's interesting to see the lack of this understanding of which you accuse others of.

The fresh air of a country free of the EU? Superb stuff.

2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Go outside - enjoy the lilacs and the wisteria and breathe in the fresh air of a country free of the EU, with a Conservative majority of 80+  and Bolton Wanderers on the march again. Progress has indeed been made.

I'll drink to that. The first 5 months of this year has already bettered the last few years put together. 

31 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Mounts did not give an unbalanced view. 

Couple of his posts from this thread

"They don’t live in peace with their own, they would never live in peace with the Jews even if the Jews weren’t given Israel, they are a bunch of backward, inbred, war mongering murdering scum bags. How anyone can support them is beyond me".
" Fuck them, I’d back Israel all day long". 

I've seen more balance in folk who've smoked a gram of spice. 

My missus starting talking about this today, I just said "leave it it too complex to discuss whilst walking the dog and neither of us know enough about" 

however she goes on a lot of conspiracy type sites, more because she is amused by how mad they are. On a number of anti vaxing sites she says people are genuinely comparing vaccine and masks being imposed by the Govt to the Israeli attacks on Palestine, apparently if we do not stand up to the Govt the same will happen here. I have no idea how that logic works . 

26 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Couple of his posts from this thread

"They don’t live in peace with their own, they would never live in peace with the Jews even if the Jews weren’t given Israel, they are a bunch of backward, inbred, war mongering murdering scum bags. How anyone can support them is beyond me".
" Fuck them, I’d back Israel all day long". 

I've seen more balance in folk who've smoked a gram of spice. 

What’s not true about that statement? 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do you honestly think that is balanced view on the situation in the Middle East ? 

Pretty much. I’m sure there are good Arabs, but as a general trait they seem to fall out with each other and everyone else, then blame every other fucker. It’s in their nature plain & simple. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Pretty much. I’m sure there are good Arabs, but as a general trait they seem to fall out with each other and everyone else. 

Chuck a percentage on it for us.

Go on

10/90 split good/bad?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Pretty much. I’m sure there are good Arabs, but as a general trait they seem to fall out with each other and everyone else, then blame every other fucker. It’s in their nature plain & simple. 

Are there any good Jews?

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So you blame "Arabs" for everything that is wrong in Middle East and the "Jews" are without blame. 
I assume you would be a strong advocate of us introducing strict trade restrictions with "Arabs" then to curtail their war mongering ? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Theres likely some right cuntish jews but as a religion they don’t behave like the Arabs, and therefore they get my impartial vote as who’s more to blame on this issue. 

So it’s all the Arabs fault. 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers for clarifying this potentially thorny issue.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

So you blame "Arabs" for everything that is wrong in Middle East and the "Jews" are without blame. 
I assume you would be a strong advocate of us introducing strict trade restrictions with "Arabs" then to curtail their war mongering ? 

Nope not everything but I blame them more than the Jews, I’ve no position on the supply of weapons, however if we don’t supply them someone else will. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nope not everything but I blame them more than the Jews, I’ve no position on the supply of weapons, however if we don’t supply them someone else will. 

Does the same argument apply if we are supplying arms to terrorists ?