Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MJ

newton_white

Belting piece about MJ Williams on The Athletic. Had no idea he was on the verge of retirement aged 22 until Liverpool paid £150k for him to have a tendon graft from a dead donor in New York. Also mentions his contact automatically goes for another year if he plays a certain number of games next season. Well worth a read if you have a subscription or signing up to their £1 a month for 6 months offer. There are some great Bolton features on there. Certainly more insightful and informed than Mr Illes

6 minutes ago, newton_white said:

Belting piece about MJ Williams on The Athletic. Had no idea he was on the verge of retirement aged 22 until Liverpool paid £150k for him to have a tendon graft from a dead donor in New York. Also mentions his contact automatically goes for another year if he plays a certain number of games next season. Well worth a read if you have a subscription or signing up to their £1 a month for 6 months offer. There are some great Bolton features on there. Certainly more insightful and informed than Mr Illes

Or you could post them...

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite a tale.

Still only 25.

I was wondering if the surgeon was the one Ricardo Gardner went to, but I think he was called Steadman.

Steadman was in Colorado I believe. A quick Google suggests he's 84, so unlikely to still be practicing!

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

https://pastebin.com/trxmPjfA

If you wanna read the article ^

Got my mate to send it me as he has a subscription

Great read, thanks for that. Comes across as a nice lad who’s been through a lot. Had to chuckle at the explanation as to why he’s now known as MJ (and that he doesn’t seem keen on it!)

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite a tale.

Still only 25.

I was wondering if the surgeon was the one Ricardo Gardner went to, but I think he was called Steadman.

Steadman operated on Jussi as well after that Tranmere cunt Parkinson nobbled him, didn’t he?

• Site Supporter
On 13/05/2021 at 07:52, Ani said:

Who was it that thought he was shit after first few games ? 

i said after the second goal at mansfield , that he and zebadee did not improve the team.

he then changed and helped us to win the game, and has gone on to be superb

33 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

i said after the second goal at mansfield , that he and zebadee did not improve the team.

1 out of 2 ain't bad.  Hopefully we don't see Zebedee again.  MJ undoubtedly improved after the first few games, he was always reliable for keeping possession but in last month or so I thought he improved his range of passing, long and short, instead of always the safe option.

Defensive mid is one position we won't be looking to strengthen.

49 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Ok , you were really wrong then, good to know you admit it. 😁