Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Black man's pinch

wanderer1984

1 minute ago, Spider said:

What a load of old bollocks.

If the TA had smashed the mother across the face with a brass Golliwog and made her shine his shoes, I’d be building the wicker man myself.

As it is, everyone involved needs to just shake their heads and move on.

Come on. We’ve already had one poster state it was offensive so show some bloody solidarity. It’s not all about you you know. You just do not get it. 

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you’re getting offended by this you need to accept you’re an over sensitive temperamental fucker who needs to toughen up and realise that there’s more pressing issues going on and this is absolutely nothing. 

Sick of this sensitive fuckin world 

Snowflake/precious society we live in 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No wonder the kids end up down the chippy is it. Fucking rank that sounds 

Not around Salmon but a similar coating for chicken can be nice as long as it is well seasoned with something like cajun or piri.

Not a fan of salmon anyway, a decent tuna steak is nice though.

30 minutes ago, Spider said:

What a load of old bollocks.

If the TA had smashed the mother across the face with a brass Golliwog and made her shine his shoes, I’d be building the wicker man myself.

As it is, everyone involved needs to just shake their heads and move on.

Sorry I'm late to the thread, but what does TA stand for ? Tall Anglo Saxon or Tall African ?

Carry on Woke folk 😃 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Not really 😕 Just prior to the incident the kid ate bubble salmon, thick cut chips and peas. Jam roly poly for pudding, washed down with welsh tap water. All served by Mandy the dinner lady.

Now you have the full story 🙂

Half a story when you miss out the most important details.... HBAHT? 😁

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

How did this phrase even come about?

You get a blood blister (which is what I have always called them) so they are called black man's pinch by some; as in a black man has pinched your skin and left a black mark?

Does sound very 60's/70's to me as in nearly 43 years of life I have never heard anyone say or mention the phrase before.

del trotter uses it in an episode of only fools and horses. complaining he's got one after trapping his finger.. 

and this hyperlink works, so it still must be known as such. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_man's_pinch

there you go. 

never hearing about something before  then finding out everyone calls it that is called the "Baader–Meinhof" effect. 

named after some communist revolutionarys from germany because some german guy read some news report on them while was in england. and an english newspaper wouldnt call them the RAF (obviously imo). but he couldnt believe this alternate term was more popular than their "real" name, once he looked into it. 

that might not be true, but thats the apocryphal story. 

i think , i cant really remember. its similar enough to fit. 

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Not around Salmon but a similar coating for chicken can be nice as long as it is well seasoned with something like cajun or piri.

Not a fan of salmon anyway, a decent tuna steak is nice though.

Made it with Cod once. Tasty stuff.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/rice-krispie-fish-fingers-recipe

2 hours ago, e2e4 said:

del trotter uses it in an episode of only fools and horses. complaining he's got one after trapping his finger.. 

and this hyperlink works, so it still must be known as such. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_man's_pinch

there you go. 

never hearing about something before  then finding out everyone calls it that is called the "Baader–Meinhof" effect. 

named after some communist revolutionarys from germany because some german guy read some news report on them while was in england. and an english newspaper wouldnt call them the RAF (obviously imo). but he couldnt believe this alternate term was more popular than their "real" name, once he looked into it. 

that might not be true, but thats the apocryphal story. 

i think , i cant really remember. its similar enough to fit. 

I read your posts. I disappear down so many wormholes 

I can’t decide whether I love you or hate you

• Moderators
11 hours ago, gonzo said:

How the hell do you stretch that out for 3 pages? 

You should've seen my 10,000 word dissertation at uni, was like fred elliot on coke with a thesaurus 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Could be perfectly well educated too. Nigger brown I'll give you, but a simple reference to the colour of a bit of skin is a nothingness. 

Like I said, is Jap's eye offensive?

You use the word gammon- would that warrant a three page complaint?

Years ago i used to write for this online fanzine, they wanted someone from each club to write match reports and club news from a fans point of view 

When Akinori Nishizawa scored for us in some league cup game I went with the headline "Jap's Eye for goal" 

But I got censored and they changed it so as not to offend readers in the far east, i argued they probably wouldn't even know what it means but the site owners were having none of it