Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Halfalion is A Wanderer! šŸ˜

Ruba Mustafa

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He isn't the finished article but for me he was our biggest threat in most games. Can see more goals from him next season and more right decisions with the final pass. Well pleased we have signed him

Completely agree with this.

Delighted heā€™s signed on.

Keeping these lads together coupled with a few extra quality signings across the pitch promises exciting times nextĀ season šŸ‘

10 hours ago, Zico said:

For me, he flattered to deceive after a very promising debut, no doubt he worked hard did his bit, but didn't deliver like Isgrove didĀ 

He seemed to run at defenders and make the wrong decisionĀ 

But, he's not shit, but would like to see more games like his debutĀ 

Ā 

This is where i was at, but still happy with the signing.

Hopefully with a full preseason, a 3 year deal and a settled squad and dressing room heĀ  will be able to sharpen up that final ball and decision making.

Ā Sounds like he was a little frustrated with himself as well from last season, and knows he can bring more, which is great to hear.Ā 

At his age, he still has time and when it does come together we will have some player, and on a 3 year deal will be a valuable asset.

Great business by FV though so far, securing the first team squad, then focus on new additions and hopefully some more signings of young, quality players with potential to add that extra dimension.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

10 hours ago, Underpants said:

For a team of players who didn't know each other 9 months ago, the smiles and comradery on the pitch, and the celebrations at Crawley looked 100% genuine. Hope it can carry over into next season.

THISĀ 

go in to next season with that momentumĀ 

get points on the board first 10 gamesĀ 

and were off

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

I'm absolutely loving the feel-good factor we have at the club.Ā  It's been a long, long time since it's been like this.

I was about 10 years old in the 04/05 season and it was probably just before then that I really got into watching us and started going to games regularly. So as a kid, I took for granted those amazing seasons and brilliant players, since we were relegated in 11/12 I've always been hopeful and never thought we'd drop this far but sticking with the club for this journey now feels so exciting.

Fresh start with new owners and a new squad to make memories with. Think Tomski said earlier in his 30 years of supporting us there's only been a couple of midtable seasons. Wouldn't complain about that for next year but I think if we use the momentum and make some good recruitment decisions we could be in for a playoff push.

If Afolayan had masterered the final step of killer pass or scoring the goal he wouldn't be joining a league one side on a free transfer.

It's a no lose deal for us though if he develops well either he helps us up the leagues or we can sell him for a few quid, if not he's already shown he'll still be a good league 1 player.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Zico said:

For me, he flattered to deceive after a very promising debut, no doubt he worked hard did his bit, but didn't deliver like Isgrove didĀ 

He seemed to run at defenders and make the wrong decisionĀ 

Ā 

55 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

If Afolayan had masterered the final step of killer pass or scoring the goal he wouldn't be joining a league one side on a free transfer.

It's a no lose deal for us though if he develops well either he helps us up the leagues or we can sell him for a few quid, if not he's already shown he'll still be a good league 1 player.

I seem to recall Sasa Ā Circic being similar. He seemed to have a ā€œdifferentā€ footballing thought process than the rest of the team, making his final pass into a space he ā€˜hopedā€™ would have a player running to but invariably, it didnā€™t.Ā 
As long as he stays I think things will start working for him. He first needs to learn that his instinctive ball isnā€™t always the same as his team-matesā€™ instinctive move.

Or do what Sasa usually ended up doing and just not even try to find a player.