Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Home security

Rudy

• Members

Been away for the first days and our Maude said the neighbour caught on their ring doorbell a group of 4 lads trying the doors of our cars 

Seems like Saturday night about 3am they were trying their luck with every car on the road 

This morning I took the dogs out and there is a piece of metal lodged into the lock of the garage 

Any recommendations for security cameras or security doorbells ?

They easy to install? 

• Members
5 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Dad's just told me they paid £695 for 4 cameras and it's 2 year warranty

Fuck that I reckon I could get a Nigerian child soldier to sit in the tree for that price 

• Members
Just now, Rudy said:

Fuck that I reckon I could get a Nigerian child soldier to sit in the tree for that price 

😂😂😂 

Its shit. I can't 'borrow' anything from their house now when they aren't in without my Dad being on the phone within 30 seconds asking why I'm his garage 😂

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Been away for the first days and our Maude said the neighbour caught on their ring doorbell a group of 4 lads trying the doors of our cars 

Seems like Saturday night about 3am they were trying their luck with every car on the road 

This morning I took the dogs out and there is a piece of metal lodged into the lock of the garage 

Any recommendations for security cameras or security doorbells ?

They easy to install? 

Just a Ring Doorbell needed then if it picks up all the street getting checked out.   One of the girls at work went to a neighbourhood watch meeting and was told by Plod that Ring Doorbells do the job, it’s only a pain when my neighbours cat goes on walkabout 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How do you explain to the mrs that the video off the doorbell is wrong and you weren’t creeping through the door at6am rather than the 1am you told her? 

You don't. You grow a pair of balls and tell her straight 😂😂

22 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

You don't. You grow a pair of balls and tell her straight 😂😂

😎 i once went out on a Thursday for a few pints and came back Sunday. Spent the next 10 days on my mates couch. Since then ive always been a tad reluctant 

but you’re right I should man up 

• Members
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t want his beamer getting taxed😀

That’s in the garage, which is what put the frighteners up me, rather than the wife and kids getting nabbed 😂

The dogs sleep in an outdoor kennel during summer but be better off having Stevie Wonder on guard, unless they’re going to lick the robbers to death

• Site Supporter

We had a guy from Little Lever fit a hikvision set up. Think it was Danny G who recommended him. We've had 4 attempted break ins since we moved house. 

Fitted by 2 really polite lads, its ace, colour at night access from my phone, and also can watch on telly and set up alerts. 

Cost us 550 quid. Phil the guys called ...HAS security. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

A pick-ax handle and genuine threats of biting off soft tissue.

It may have been your advice I’ve used before. Coming out of Sheffield Wednesday up the hill to the tram stop. Some prick in a Stone Island coat walking backwards trying to goad me. I said to him, “Get out of my face or I’ll bite your fucking nose off!” 
Fortunately, it had the desired effect and he disappeared into the crowd. 

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

😎 i once went out on a Thursday for a few pints and came back Sunday. Spent the next 10 days on my mates couch. Since then ive always been a tad reluctant 

but you’re right I should man up 

That sounds like age 24 to 28... 🤣