Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is This Site Playing Up ?

leigh white

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Of course not, but being a Web based group of many years standing, with mods and I assume some folk who know him personally I expect they know at least his phone number or have at the least mutual friends?

If it is a case of "pipe down knobhead" due to circumstances then I will happily wind my neck in and shrink into the shadows

I sent him a text almost a week ago

Im hoping hes gone away and done the sensible thing and left his phone at home

On the other hand, hes very old

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
On 09/06/2021 at 22:04, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure if turning up at his home "to check his wellbeing" because the Web site is fucked is really on.

He'll sort it sooner or later.

I only replied so I could read the last page of this thread.

Is it behaving ?

I need to keep changing my password. 

Is it a money issue ? I’ve donated a one off in the past but don’t like PayPal having had my fingers burnt in the past. Would be happy setting up a monthly payment other than PayPal. 

• Members
Just now, fatty said:

Is it behaving ?

I need to keep changing my password. 

Is it a money issue ? I’ve donated a one off in the past but don’t like PayPal having had my fingers burnt in the past. Would be happy setting up a monthly payment other than PayPal. 

PayPal is one of the safest ways of paying for goods 

• Site Supporter
On 09/06/2021 at 14:51, Spider said:

Do you reckon Warwick Davies - as a multi millionaire - just has a little house and a little car and little butlers, or has normal sized stuff but loads and loads of ladders and platforms put everywhere?

I'd have my world built to size if I was him

I actually know the answer to this.

He has everything in his house (which isnt small) specially built.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not even little monkey butlers?

I'm hoping this is an XFM reference.

Its always nice to meet another fan.

I told my lad to play a record the other day without thinking.  He just looked at me blankly

• Members
46 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I'm hoping this is an XFM reference.

Its always nice to meet another fan.

I told my lad to play a record the other day without thinking.  He just looked at me blankly

I’ve listened to the xfms Ricky Gervais shows twice and unintentionally some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever heard 

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve listened to the xfms Ricky Gervais shows twice and unintentionally some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever heard 

Consistently brilliant this XFM shows. I like how they evolved over time from KP having a tiny little segment to the entire show being just taking the piss out of him entirely

• Members
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Consistently brilliant this XFM shows. I like how they evolved over time from KP having a tiny little segment to the entire show being just taking the piss out of him entirely

Yeah it starts out quite professional, competitions, music, a structure then Karl opened his mouth and it all changed 

2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Or if you don't trust PayPal, I can send you my bank account details, you transfer me the money and I will pay for you. Honest. 

Do you have also have 20 million in a Nigerian bank account ??? 😂

• Site Supporter

I’m ok on iPad, can’t get on with my phone.

Here’s a thing though, it isn’t going to get any better without some intervention. Usually this intervention would be by HW. In fact, over 6 months ago, he warned us the URL would be changing. It never did, did it? This, to me, shows he knew we were due some issues with the current set up following his sale of Comspeq.

Unless this intervention is made, the forum will just deteriorate until we’re back to nothing working. 

I have no idea just how poorly HW is but surely someone with the technical knowledge knows him well enough to ask for admin rights at least for the duration of his down-time.