Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Paul Weller . The man is back

Mona

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

He’s been shite for ages 😂 up his own arse

plus he looks like someone’s Nan 

Woaaah, have a bit of respect Rudy. Wellers back catalogue is unquestionable, the Jam were undoubtably one of the finest bands of that particular  era. Weller has made his mark on British musical history for sure - but he does look a bit of a twat with his current hairdo admittedly. PS - Can anyone still look cool after 60? Bowie when he was still around maybe.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Woaaah, have a bit of respect Rudy. Wellers back catalogue is unquestionable, the Jam were undoubtably one of the finest bands of that particular  era. Weller has made his mark on British musical history for sure - but he does look a bit of a twat with his current hairdo admittedly. PS - Can anyone still look cool after 60? Bowie when he was still around maybe.

The Jam yeah I’m a fan of. Stanley road, brilliant, then it gets a bit well inconsistent to say the least. Since the turn of the century, been below par, last few albums just been shite, what good rock stars live To after 60 😂

Dreadful. Can just about cope with The Jam, his solo stuff, nope.

Also, his fans put me off as well. All that Welllla! rubbish, feathered cuts and acoustic guitar renditions of that's entertainment. Interesting considering his fan base that he's known to be a bit ac/dc - some great tales I've heard of parties in the 80s - looks like his son followed in his old man's footsteps.

Stanley Rd, if I never hear that album.again it'll be too soon, seemed it was glued to everyone's stereo in 1994. 

Anyway, saw him at a concert for Qunicy Jones. The only good thing that I was working on it so we got a corporate box and free booze and food all night so I could disappear in the suite and watch nothing of it. In fact, can't remember much of it to be honest.

• Members

There’s a journalist out there who did an interview with him, huge huge fan, hero of him, when he started the interview for some reason to break the ice he sang “wella wella wella wuh tell me more tell me more” like he was auditioning for Grease.

Weller wasn’t best pleased with it 😂

Not sure who the journo was but would love to find out. Like something partridge would do 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Rudy said:

There’s a journalist out there who did an interview with him, huge huge fan, hero of him, when he started the interview for some reason to break the ice he sang “wella wella wella wuh tell me more tell me more” like he was auditioning for Grease.

Weller wasn’t best pleased with it 😂

Not sure who the journo was but would love to find out. Like something partridge would do 

Weller should have just smashed him, no matter how old he is,  & walked off.

The Jam were one of the greatest bands ever, because of him.

Style Council were shite though, when, yes, he was up his arse.

Stanley Road was ace but nowt good really since then.

He'll always be an icon.

Please have respect.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He'll always be an icon.

Please have respect.

Still looks like a Nan

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He'll always be an icon.

Please have respect.

You are describing a few artists/bands there.

I grew up with an older mod brother and loved the Jam. Style Council was poor really.

Stanley Road is/was a great album but the rest is poo water.

What's this respect shite you are on about?

• Site Supporter

The Changing Man is a good song. Stanley road as an album peters out by the end of the second song

Other than that, his stuff with The Jam towers above anything he’s done since.

Edited by Spider

On 04/06/2021 at 15:35, Not in Crawley said:

Dreadful. Can just about cope with The Jam, his solo stuff, nope.

Also, his fans put me off as well. All that Welllla! rubbish, feathered cuts and acoustic guitar renditions of that's entertainment. Interesting considering his fan base that he's known to be a bit ac/dc - some great tales I've heard of parties in the 80s - looks like his son followed in his old man's footsteps.

Stanley Rd, if I never hear that album.again it'll be too soon, seemed it was glued to everyone's stereo in 1994. 

Anyway, saw him at a concert for Qunicy Jones. The only good thing that I was working on it so we got a corporate box and free booze and food all night so I could disappear in the suite and watch nothing of it. In fact, can't remember much of it to be honest.

Anyone who saw the Jam gets what all the fuss was about anyone who saw his solo band  with Steve Craddock must have been either massively underwhelmed or had never seen a decent band .