Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meeting theldests new crush

Dr Faustus

So tomorrow I have the pleasure of meeting theldests (dunno, a bit meh; not like her mams) boyfriend. 

Things I already know;

He's an Owl

22 (2 years older than her) 

A roofer (going off this site, ffs) 

They met via Instagram (wtf) 

He's 6ft 5...

Obviously that last bit changes shit. Are they serious? She's got a year left at uni, they live miles apart, why so keen to meet? 

Any tips? 

I've been told not to borrow a shotgun, wear an elvis jumpsuit, tuxedo, pimp outfit etc

Meeting at a chain pub, so can't even get the boys around for intimidation

TIA

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Ask him to turn his head 270°

If he can't then he's not a owl  he's a imposter 

So if he's lied about that what other fibs is he telling

I laughed at this.

12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It’ll never last, make him buy the first and last pint

Is this just the one pint? In a, “Buy me a pint and make it the first and last one you buy. Now fuck off!” kind of way?

Maude has kaiboshed everything so far... Apart from me asking a selection of questions from the good folk of wanderersways. 

Do your worst, they will be put on card and numbered. He can choose the questions. 

That way I'm not being a cunt

• Site Supporter

First time I met my wife's parents.. I showed up on my motorbike, proper loud pipes, shaved head, tattoo's.. beard...having met me working in a bar.. on paper probably more worrying than reality for her parents. 

Her dad's first question, what football team? 

• Site Supporter

Tell him to give you one of his shoes on arrival.

Dont offer an explanation, just keep the shoe in a carrier bag for the duration of your time together.

As he’s about to leave, give him back the shoe with a slightly menacing stare, nod slightly then go your separate ways.

Always make them think you’re slightly unhinged.

Dowters 17 & got a new boyfriend, but he’s a Man U fan from Bury and my daughters Bolton thru & thru. He watched our Crawley victory with us & he was jumping up & down every time we scored. She watched Man u’s defeat in the Europa cup final with him, she text me when Villareal scored first “haha lovin’ this” after the penalties she text me again “Get in!!!”

25 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Dowters 17 & got a new boyfriend, but he’s a Man U fan from Bury and my daughters Bolton thru & thru. He watched our Crawley victory with us & he was jumping up & down every time we scored. She watched Man u’s defeat in the Europa cup final with him, she text me when Villareal scored first “haha lovin’ this” after the penalties she text me again “Get in!!!”

Sound's like you've brought your daughter up well.Excellent parenting skills

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You have raised her well 🤣🤣🤣🤣