Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If someone shouted out racist abuse at English grounds they would be dragged out by the fans around them; there is no need to keep this George Floyd knee rubbish going

Bullshit.

It’s gone on too long now. Maybe it was ok for one season to show solidarity after the GF incident but now it’s becoming an annoying irrelevance and if the only way supporters can show their displeasure is to boo, then so be it. They are not booing their own team, just the principle of what’s at stake and anybody who can’t distinguish between the two is I’m afraid either politically motivated, or just down right thick.

It’s gone on too long now. Maybe it was ok for one season to show solidarity after the GF incident but now it’s becoming an annoying irrelevance and if the only way supporters can show their displeasure is to boo, then so be it. They are not booing their own team, just the principle of what’s at stake and anybody who can’t distinguish between the two is I’m afraid either politically motivated, or just down right thick.

11 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Slight problem... He's from Ivory Coast 

Also Zaha doesn't knell because he doesn't think it goes far enough. Some proper mental gymnastics at play here.

Anyway, I think these two paras articulate it much better than I ever could;

What to do with this now? There are issues with knee-taking. Nobody has to agree with anyone else about anything. You might feel this is not necessary, or believe that discrimination is overplayed, or – who knows – a good thing. You might feel there is something odd in football as an industry preaching about inequality, or men who earn 350 times the national wage in a country where people go hungry. These are points for discussion.

But the public booing of a simple anti-racism gesture is a shameful, hurtful act. Doing so to young men, your own players, who are regularly racially abused is doubly shameful. Pretending this has something to do with “keeping politics out”, or that creeping “Marxism” is a threat to your way of life in Britain (Conservative majority: 83) is cowardly and disingenuous.

• Members
13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If someone shouted out racist abuse at English grounds they would be dragged out by the fans around them; there is no need to keep this George Floyd knee rubbish going

Just so we’re clear you realise the kneeling is for solidarity and equality, and George Floyd was the tipping point and not the reason why kneeling is happening.

21 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Previously, you have said Zaha doesnt kneel because he is a tory. Proper Gymnastics indeed. Context.

Have I, can't remember that - feel free to bring it up. He can be a Tory and think it doesn't go far enough, the two aren't mutually exclusive, despite what some may think.

So, yes context my dear fellow, context.

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Got to love it when some of the thick gammons say they're against it because of Marxism ... when, until they'd heard others using this an excuse to boo it, had never even heard of the term. 

At it again I see. Full of virtue with your anti-racist purity. Yet you feel at ease with labelling people as "gammon". No doubt you quite like chucking the word "chav" in as well. Before acting surprised when vast swathes of the country vote against left wing progressive parties who enjoy deifying minority communities while freely denigrating the huge majority (86% of this country is white British) with such highly  pejorative phrases. 

It is the absolute pinnacle of hypocrisy. And you sir are a master of it.

When all the thick gammons and chavs get their England flags out in a week or two linked to Euro 2021 you can turn up your nose and fully display your self-appointed sense of superiority. They are beneath contempt and below the salt in your eyes. But it's one person one vote - and they'll kick you and yours right in the ballot box every time an election comes around.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Bullshit.

What I was going to say was;

Bullshit. Those around him will sit in embarrassed silence hoping a steward pinpointed the direction it came from. Maybe a supporter may collar a steward and point out the miscreant and the steward may keep an eye on him/her. But “dragged out by the fans”? Not a chance.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Just so we’re clear you realise the kneeling is for solidarity and equality, and George Floyd was the tipping point and not the reason why kneeling is happening.

So just to be clear are you making out that there is inequality in the UK? We have idiots who post racist posts and they need sorting out but living in London for seven years working for University I didn’t witness any equality issues. 

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

What I was going to say was;

Bullshit. Those around him will sit in embarrassed silence hoping a steward pinpointed the direction it came from. Maybe a supporter may collar a steward and point out the miscreant and the steward may keep an eye on him/her. But “dragged out by the fans”? Not a chance.

Probably right but the fans would get the stewards to do something and quite rightly. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

So just to be clear are you making out that there is inequality in the UK? We have idiots who post racist posts and they need sorting out but living in London for seven years working for University I didn’t witness any equality issues. 

Mustn’t be happening then. My mistake. 

If it’s equality they want, just look at the number of black players actually on the field yesterday, or in most PL teams these days, earning ridiculous amounts of money for playing “the working mans game,” but which completely outnumbers the % of the black population as a whole and tell me they don’t have equality. Sadly many have succumbed to the ever growing woke agenda pedalled by the left which says if you don’t agree with me you’re a racist. If players want to show solidarity then fine but surely there are far better ways to demonstrate that than by displaying politically motivated symbols, which in any case under the laws of FIFA, UEFA and the FA are against the rules. Let’s just see how many of the Eastern European teams fully support this virtue signalling and divisive crap and apart from booing at games, don’t think problems won’t kick off in pubs and bars when people disagree on it. Southgate has stoked a fire here and is only going to grow hotter.

• Members

What mustn’t be happening? Explain what you actually think is happening - must be my mistake by not seeing things the same as you. 

You’re saying there isn’t an equality problem, and because you haven’t seen it, it isn’t happening 

When truth is it is. Look how many players are getting racist abuse online after games.

You can say it’s online, you can say yeah but that’s a small amount of idiots doing it, regardless is shouldn’t be happening

Thats what they’re kneeling for, equality and not getting abuse because of the colour of their skin, not because a man was killed in America. 

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What mustn’t be happening? Explain what you actually think is happening - must be my mistake by not seeing things the same as you. 

That’s probably part of the issue too. If you’re a white person living in UK then you’ll see racism in a different way than a person of colour would.

I’d rather the person of colour tells me there isn’t a race issue than the white guy.

• Members
7 minutes ago, SirNatsDog said:

If it’s equality they want, just look at the number of black players actually on the field yesterday, or in most PL teams these days, earning ridiculous amounts of money for playing “the working mans game,” but which completely outnumbers the % of the black population as a whole and tell me they don’t have equality. Sadly many have succumbed to the ever growing woke agenda pedalled by the left which says if you don’t agree with me you’re a racist. If players want to show solidarity then fine but surely there are far better ways to demonstrate that than by displaying politically motivated symbols, which in any case under the laws of FIFA, UEFA and the FA are against the rules. Let’s just see how many of the Eastern European teams fully support this virtue signalling and divisive crap and apart from booing at games, don’t think problems won’t kick off in pubs and bars when people disagree on it. Southgate has stoked a fire here and is only going to grow hotter.

😂 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

That’s probably part of the issue too. If you’re a white person living in UK then you’ll see racism in a different way than a person of colour would.

I’d rather the person of colour tells me there isn’t a race issue than the white guy.

No that’s totally wrong. We can’t have an opinion or criticise people of colour because we are white? IMO it’s gone too far already and we need to integrate more; BLM has split the nation more than you think

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

At it again I see. Full of virtue with your anti-racist purity. Yet you feel at ease with labelling people as "gammon". No doubt you quite like chucking the word "chav" in as well. Before acting surprised when vast swathes of the country vote against left wing progressive parties who enjoy deifying minority communities while freely denigrating the huge majority (86% of this country is white British) with such highly  pejorative phrases. 

It is the absolute pinnacle of hypocrisy. And you sir are a master of it.

When all the thick gammons and chavs get their England flags out in a week or two linked to Euro 2021 you can turn up your nose and fully display your self-appointed sense of superiority. They are beneath contempt and below the salt in your eyes. But it's one person one vote - and they'll kick you and yours right in the ballot box every time an election comes around.

:D brilliant.

... and you are correct in that I have no issue with labelling someone a chav.

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You’re saying there isn’t an equality problem, and because you haven’t seen it, it isn’t happening 

When truth is it is. Look how many players are getting racist abuse online after games.

You can say it’s online, you can say yeah but that’s a small amount of idiots doing it, regardless is shouldn’t be happening

Thats what they’re kneeling for, equality and not getting abuse because of the colour of their skin, not because a man was killed in America. 

I totally agree with the online abuse. We have strong laws which will jail a person for written or verbal abuse. But we all have the same opportunities in the UK and this knee taking IMO goes too far

• Members

I totally agree with the online abuse. We have strong laws which will jail a person for written or verbal abuse. But we all have the same opportunities in the UK and this knee taking IMO goes too far

To be honest R2R I’ve said it before I feel like the strength of the protest has gone away, doesn’t carry much weight anymore but I think the timing would be wrong to stop it when there is still much frequent abuse it will almost seem like the trolls have won. 
Catch 22 comes to mind