Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This isn’t isn’t about Kapaernick stand, in fact I’d bet many of the players taking the knee never heard of him, it’s about the Floyd murder and how the BLM have used it for political mileage to push their agenda. As for your “we’re better than this” comment, everyone has stated to a man that racism shouldn’t be tolerated so I’m confused as to where that statement is actually going. 

is it? Is that what those that are actually taking the knee are saying or are you calling them liars?

It’s booing young men wearing 3 lions on their chest for supporting their mates and abuse 

it’s got fuck all to do with anything else.

Fuck all

Political agenda? 🤣🤣 footballers are known for that aren’t they. You’ll have it what they haven’t heard of an NFL player but they’ve heard of Marx & Engels? 🤣🤣

FFS

I’m off as swiftly as I came back

Ta ta 👋🏼

Edited by jules_darby

Which players taking a knee have said they're doing it for the BLM movement and that they support that groups aims?

In the last few days, Southgate, Ferdinand, Rashford, the whole Irish side ffs have all been quite clear, that's not why the players are kneeling.  For whatever reason, some continue to try to confuse and equate the two.

I find it exasperating, so can only imagine how the footballers and many black people are surely feeling.

On the upside, I'm glad that it means it's going to continue and will keep pissing people, and yes racists, right off. 

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Political agenda? 🤣🤣 footballers are known for that aren’t they. You’ll have it what they haven’t heard of an NFL player but they’ve heard of Marx & Engels? 🤣🤣

FFS

Ta ta 👋🏼

😂😂😂👏👏👏

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

is it? Is that what those that are actually taking the knee are saying or are you calling them liars?

It’s booing young men wearing 3 lions on their chest for supporting their mates and abuse 

it’s got fuck all to do with anything else.

Fuck all

FFS

Ta ta 👋🏼

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

And loads of people voted Mr Blobby to #1

Doesn’t mean they’re not nobheads for it

You can create causation for anything you wish in order to support your argument.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

All fair points fella, seriously though, read back through my post. 

For me it's been about football and how England win this tournament, if was the manager, I'd be saying no distractions and that would include any racial or political gestures that may take on negative and divisive views, we are all going to support England, and when I go watching the game next Friday I don't want to hear booing, it's just gonna spoil the whole experience of being back in a football ground.

The knee should have been sacked off at the end of last season, it was always going to be like this once the crowds were back, rightly or wrongly.

As for players being socially abused on social media by thick armchair fans who have taken the hump because their team have lost is a disgrace, twitter and the like need to get a get a grip of it, and I'm no expert about how they go about that.

I want football back, no razzmatazz, no political or racial statements, just plain old footie, I talk to a lot of fans at work, all support different clubs around the North West, they are fans who attend games and they feel the same, they work all week and they just want to go to the match to see the game and support their team. It really is that simple.

I hear a lot of people in the media who have views on this, and most of the fuckers don't even attend the games, they are probably watching it down the pub nursing half a carlsberg for 2 hours.

Fair enough in my opinion. I agree that the knee thing maybe should have been retired and a new initiative created.

However, those that boo now really do make themselves look like utter cunts. After everything has been explained and that Kane and the whole England setup explained it isn't about BLM as a political movement you still get this.

I just find it really weird how folk can get so angry about something with good intentions. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How many times do they all have to say that they are all anti racism and not BLM supporters? Do you think Harry Kane is a liar and secretly as closet Marxist who wants to defend the police?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

C'mon fella, Harry is a quality footballer, but he ain't no bright spark, I'm pretty sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing, have you seen his post-match interviews 😅, and tbf he probably just wants to get on that green grass and do his stuff, at the end of the day that is what he's paid to do.

To be fair, that kind of proves my point to those that are arguing against it.

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How many times do they all have to say that they are all anti racism and not BLM supporters? Do you think Harry Kane is a liar and secretly as closet Marxist who wants to defend the police?

To late, the dye is set, it started as a BLM gesture and is tarnished because of that, add to that many folk don’t like political gestures shoved down their throat forever at football games and your going to get booing and dissent until it stops. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

C'mon fella, Harry is a quality footballer, but he ain't no bright spark, I'm pretty sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing, have you seen his post-match interviews 😅, and tbf he probably just wants to get on that green grass and do his stuff, at the end of the day that is what he's paid to do.

They are told what to do, half of them ain’t got a scooby doo. 

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Correct.

... & the BLM & other agitators are manipulating them and will continue to do so. It needs parking. The opposition to it won't stop because Southgate sulks about it.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Correct.

... & the BLM & other agitators are manipulating them and will continue to do so. It needs parking. The opposition to it won't stop because Southgate sulks about it.

He should show proper leadership and stop the team taking the knee, sadly he’s weak, we’re heading out early because we’ve a load of players and management concentrating on a political gesture rather than getting on with the job they’re paid for. 

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's not patronising to say there is a lot missing from what you've written. 

There isn't in regards to your post though. You didn't bother to back up why you feel part responsible and embarrassed because of your so called white privilege. Read a book you say.

Not seen any of Rudys posts regarding what issues he's been through in life because of his skin colour. Not sure if he's mentioned any examples. I would however like to listen to him if he has and how it's changed his life for good or worse. 

I grew up in Seacroft, Leeds. Half my mates are ethnic minorities. Although I didn't see them that way growing up... they were just my mates and still are. We went round to each others houses and had tea with our families (Mahshi is possibly the worst meal I've ever eaten)... the occasional sleepover, played Sunday league together etc. It was tough for all growing up. We had very little but I never had anymore or less then any of my mates. Its the way it was.

What I did have though was a insight into how other people from different backgrounds, cultures and religions live. Much more then a book can give and probably more then you've ever had. It wasn't much different from mine and it still isn't. 

It's not me being uneducated or that I don't get it. This might be hard for you to understand but I don't know any different.

• Site Supporter
On 09/06/2021 at 23:04, Mounts Kipper said:

He should show proper leadership and stop the team taking the knee, sadly he’s weak, we’re heading out early because we’ve a load of players and management concentrating on a political gesture rather than getting on with the job they’re paid for. 

You don't really believe that last statement Shirley? One I don't think Southgate is weak & if we win it or go out early it will have nowt to do with knee taking. 

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

You don't really believe that last statement Shirley? One I don't think Southgate is weak & if we win it or go out early it will have nowt to do with knee taking. 

Surely weakness is giving into the dickhead boo boys?