Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

• Members
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Simple question.

When do you want the players to stop taking the knee or how long do you want it to go on for.

Go on, I will give you my answer: NOW

Where have I said it?

Go on then

As long as it’s carrying on the conversation. As long as it’s annoying people who are upset at 3 precious seconds by booing or being sick of it 

Just now, Rudy said:

Where have I said it?

Go on then

As long as it’s carrying on the conversation. As long as it’s annoying people who are upset at 3 precious seconds by booing or being sick of it 

But surely the point is to stop racism not annoy people by your own admission?

• Members
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But surely the point is to stop racism not annoy people by your own admission?

Ok not annoy but to make people realise it’s not a fad, that booing and abusing players online will only make it go on longer

• Members
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Have you ? No definite timescale in your answer ?

Bit touchy, as something got to you ? 

Is there a definite timescale for racism to end?

No not really, just think you come across as a bit of a ignorant cock and not the person I thought I knew all those years ago 

And you said I want it to go on forever you couldn’t answer where I said that, because I haven’t 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Ok not annoy but to make people realise it’s not a fad, that booing and abusing players online will only make it go on longer

And you think that’s going to stop It? I see it as futile really. It’s not going To stop it. Players can keep doing it folk in the stands will Keep booing. And all through this wee charade people will still abuse players on social media. It’s quite simple

it isn’t going to stop it and never was. Regulating social media and Punishing people appropriately will. Simple as that. 

are you ever going to stop racism though in its entirety? No. Sadly. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And you think that’s going to stop It? I see it as futile really. It’s not going To stop it. Players can keep doing it folk in the stands will Keep booing. And all through this wee charade people will still abuse players on social media. It’s quite simple

it isn’t going to stop it and never was. Regulating social media and Punishing people appropriately will. Simple as that. 

are you ever going to stop racism though in its entirety? No. Sadly. 

I don’t think it will but it keeps the conversation going

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

@Rudy 

Invite:

Why don't you come into the College were I work, we have around 80 Students doing sport and a couple of units involve physiology.

Come in, give a talk about you became a Physio at Manchester City, and as a POC at the most successful club of the last 10 years in the EPL.

I can sort it with the sports department for the next academic year, I'm sure the sports staff and students would benefit enormously regarding how you got there and your experiences in getting there.

And it would be very self satisfying for yourself to pass on that experience and maybe you could be an inspiration to some of our Students to fulfill their ambitions In what is a very difficult career to get into.

Happily 

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It highlights that a problem exists and gets people talking. Those solutions that you mention might come about quicker the more awareness is raised. I agree with some of what you're saying but to me I don't see the futility in something that raises awareness. Just a shame it's so divisive and that people are still trying to link it to George Floyd. 

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

It highlights that a problem exists and gets people talking. Those solutions that you mention might come about quicker the more awareness is raised. I agree with some of what you're saying but to me I don't see the futility in something that raises awareness. Just a shame it's so divisive and that people are still trying to link it to George Floyd. 

It highlights nothing that we didn’t already know. And it’s done nowt to lessen it as far as I’m aware.  So it’s pointless 

unless you see two sides continually bickering over their entrenched views and nobody budging an inch as positive? If you do it’s a very odd viewpoint. 

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It highlights nothing that we didn’t already know. And it’s done nowt to lessen it as far as I’m aware.  So it’s pointless 

unless you see two sides continually bickering over their entrenched views and nobody budging an inch as positive? If you do it’s a very odd viewpoint. 

I don't want to big it up as some great turning point or political action. It probably has gone on for too long. But nothing ever changes overnight. 

But I just don't see it as totally futile. It is sending a message to the powers that be ( the FA, Uefa, police social media etc.) that we need proper punishment and regulation. 

Whether people boo or not is irrelevant. Whether people are bickering is irrelevant. The message is still being sent to those who have the power to do more. 

Many of those players taking the knee have to travel to countries on a yearly basis where they are victims of racial abuse whilst representing their country. Then wait around as Uefa brand out some piss poor punishment. Some of these teams are in the tournament - so the Euros is the right place for it in my opinion. 

Edited by London Wanderer

The only “power that be” that matters is the police. The fa and Uefa have zero power over joe public. The players also as I’ve said should come off social media. Force the socials to do something. But they won’t because of greed. Simple. 

16 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What about none blacks who get abused online

gemma Collins doesn’t half get dogs 

Gemma Collins FFS.  :D:D:D

Not sure if intentional, but that's the worst whataboutery I've ever seen.  Kudos if it was supposed to be a piss-take. Haha.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What about none blacks who get abused online

gemma Collins doesn’t half get dogs 

if Gemma Collins took the knee it'd take her about half an hour to get back up

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Gemma Collins FFS.  :D:D:D

Not sure if intentional, but that's the worst whataboutery I've ever seen.  Kudos if it was supposed to be a piss-take. Haha.

Thought you’d comment sooner mate

slacking daz 

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

if Gemma Collins took the knee it'd take her about half an hour to get back up

Thinned out these days

you would