Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

Just managed to log in for the first time in a while. 

Hopefully the murmurings of no quarantine for travel if double jabbed are going to come good for the sake of my mental health cos I’m on a knife edge !!!!

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Happy we have more freedoms, but we need to return to full freedom, government should not have control of personal freedoms. Travel hasn’t gone down Swanny, just that you need to test which I oppose as it’s a money making racket, my flights are booked and I’ll be on that flight without a doubt.  

Travel still needs curtailing in my opinion.

We’re fine in the uk, but need to wait until next year for vaccines to catch up abroad.

But I maintain that we should unlock here.

Guest Nordkurve
11 hours ago, Spider said:

Travel still needs curtailing in my opinion.

We’re fine in the uk, but need to wait until next year for vaccines to catch up abroad.

But I maintain that we should unlock here.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/18/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

Nearly every Country in Europe has fully vaccinated a higher percentage of their population than the UK.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/18/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

Nearly every Country in Europe has fully vaccinated a higher percentage of their population than the UK.

Have you read the article?

Are you aware of the UK strategy in vaccinating, and how it differs from some places?

Rant alert. 

If everyone was following the rules to the letter I’d be less selfish and go with it but the goal post moving, double standards, blind eye turning and illogical rule changes has got me to the point of thinking of number 1. I’ve followed most rules to the letter and have steered a business through all of this (without having to cut any jobs - in fact have expanded the work force) but am worn out and miserable and am left thinking who’s the cunt here when it seems that the untouchables of protesters, ethnic groups, politicians etc go unchallenged whilst I sit under house arrest for 11 days whilst being double jabbed. Aside from Christmas and weekends I’ve had 1 week off over the last 18 months and I’ve had enough and want my freedom back. I know it’s selfish but fuck it. I’m done with it.

Bring in vaccine passports for everything from supermarkets to pubs/clubs to flights and then free up western foreign travel and the country properly for the vaccinated (albeit with some sensible rules) and those who refuse it can stay at home. Its about time we got on with life. 

Chatting to an nhs worker - their view is that the lower level workers are pulling their weight but the senior doctors and surgeons etc have got it easy. 

Also seems to be a bit of a gravy train for some. 

Thoughts please from you nhs workers and partners of such ……

30 minutes ago, fatty said:

Rant alert. 

If everyone was following the rules to the letter I’d be less selfish and go with it but the goal post moving, double standards, blind eye turning and illogical rule changes has got me to the point of thinking of number 1. I’ve followed most rules to the letter and have steered a business through all of this (without having to cut any jobs - in fact have expanded the work force) but am worn out and miserable and am left thinking who’s the cunt here when it seems that the untouchables of protesters, ethnic groups, politicians etc go unchallenged whilst I sit under house arrest for 11 days whilst being double jabbed. Aside from Christmas and weekends I’ve had 1 week off over the last 18 months and I’ve had enough and want my freedom back. I know it’s selfish but fuck it. I’m done with it.

Bring in vaccine passports for everything from supermarkets to pubs/clubs to flights and then free up western foreign travel and the country properly for the vaccinated (albeit with some sensible rules) and those who refuse it can stay at home. Its about time we got on with life. 

Good rant tbf 👍

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
5 minutes ago, fatty said:

Chatting to an nhs worker - their view is that the lower level workers are pulling their weight but the senior doctors and surgeons etc have got it easy. 

Also seems to be a bit of a gravy train for some. 

Thoughts please from you nhs workers and partners of such ……

Still near on impossible to get some of the GPs to do home visits. Everything is over the phone, even when you insist.

Lots and lots of new referrals asking us to go see patients who they have diagnosed over the phone and not actually seen. 

Makes you feel like is our life not as important as yours? We've carried on as normal throughout the pandemic seeing patients with and without covid with the minimal PPE. Some of the other services went nowhere near (dieticians, podiatry, SALT) Just a few. 

Can't comment on hospitals as I'm community based. 

Want to stop this testing now daughter isolating and missing school trip now and the kid who’s positive isn’t in her lessons/form!

Guest Nordkurve
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Am I missing something? Or can I not read? Or can you not? 

I can read. The first part shows just the number of Vaccines handed out in total in each Country. the pie charts that follow show the percentage of the population fully vaccinated. That means first and second injections.

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

His data highlights the opposite of his statement micky 

Oh right. i see what I did now ! Fucking blue and orange mixed up in my head. Clearly I cannot read !

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Want to stop this testing now daughter isolating and missing school trip now and the kid who’s positive isn’t in her lessons/form!

Flip side, spent an hour in a classroom the other day and been told to carry on. 

Schools are not consistent 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Still near on impossible to get some of the GPs to do home visits. Everything is over the phone, even when you insist.

Lots and lots of new referrals asking us to go see patients who they have diagnosed over the phone and not actually seen. 

Makes you feel like is our life not as important as yours? We've carried on as normal throughout the pandemic seeing patients with and without covid with the minimal PPE. Some of the other services went nowhere near (dieticians, podiatry, SALT) Just a few. 

Can't comment on hospitals as I'm community based. 

kearsley medical Centre are one of the ones taking the mickey... doing as little as possible.  

Changed doctors and the new one in L/L seems decent but am yet to meet them. 

I could do a book with the fuck ups from doctors over the last 12 months. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

His data highlights the opposite of his statement micky 

The article put up by nordkurve is at best mistaken, at worst deliberately misleading.

In the same article, but lower down the page, it says the same as that on MickyD link- the number of jabs per hundred. The UK is one of the highest. 

If you take those figures in the circles, where lots more are fully vaccinated then it doesn't stack up. Take Germany for example, is says they have 70% fully done: that means (assuming 2 jabs) the minimum number of jabs per 100 people must be 140. This is a lot different to the actual numbers.

I think the mistake they have made is in the associated text- I would assume that the charts refer to those actually vaccinated, and not the population as a whole. Therefore countries may well have a higher proportion of its vaccinated people with 2 doses, but overall a lower proportion of its total population. This, as it says, reflects actual policy.

It's misleading for sure, but in fairness, probably nothing malicious. 

Bollocks. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The article put up by nordkurve is at best mistaken, at worst deliberately misleading.

In the same article, but lower down the page, it says the same as that on MickyD link- the number of jabs per hundred. The UK is one of the highest. 

If you take those figures in the circles, where lots more are fully vaccinated then it doesn't stack up. Take Germany for example, is says they have 70% fully done: that means (assuming 2 jabs) the minimum number of jabs per 100 people must be 140. This is a lot different to the actual numbers.

I think the mistake they have made is in the associated text- I would assume that the charts refer to those actually vaccinated, and not the population as a whole. Therefore countries may well have a higher proportion of its vaccinated people with 2 doses, but overall a lower proportion of its total population. This, as it says, reflects actual policy.

It's misleading for sure, but in fairness, probably nothing malicious. 

The circles show Britain is the second highest in terms of fully vaccinated. Are you reading summat different than me? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The circles show Britain is the second highest in terms of fully vaccinated. Are you reading summat different than me? 

Had another look- you're right, the colours played fuck with my mind lower down: which in fairness makes the article the same as Micky's.

Somewhere, someone will be doing psychological tests on folk using that!

Remember doing one once with playing cards that were the wrong colours- fucks with the head!