Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

Thought I was going to make it through the school year, got so close. My lateral flow on Sunday was negative but girlfriend's was positive. Both did PCR a few hours later and both positive. Both work in schools so done well to make it this far.

School has had false positives and false negatives on lateral flows this week

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Seeing on bbc news that starmer is at it again. Wants this to never end it would appear. Bizarre 

Well the longer it goes on, the longer the stick he’ll have to beat the government with. I’d love to see how Starmer would have handled the whole Covid crisis from the start - on second thoughts, no i wouldn’t.

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Seeing on bbc news that starmer is at it again. Wants this to never end it would appear. Bizarre 

What has he said that makes it appear he "wants this to never end"?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Wants masks to remain mandatory on public transport 

In fairness, that aspect hardly a prolonging- the official line (guidance) is to do just that, its just not compulsory. 

The general whining and accusations continue though. May as well make hay and all that.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness, that aspect hardly a prolonging- the official line (guidance) is to do just that, its just not compulsory. 

That's the point. Starmer clutching at straws for something to disagree with Boris about. 

I lasted about 2 minutes watching it while I was having my lunch then put the radio on instead. 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Wants masks to remain mandatory on public transport 

I suspect this will happen anyway, no matter what Starmer says. Already I think TFL are talking about "asking" people to continue wearing masks. It'll probably be happening on International flights for a while longer yet as well

17 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Spunk does too

16 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Your own or someone else's? 

16 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Both

15 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Both not required, one or tuther

So, I've been needlessly mixing my batches for no reason, bugger.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, stevieb said:

That's the point. Starmer clutching at straws for something to disagree with Boris about. 

I lasted about 2 minutes watching it while I was having my lunch then put the radio on instead. 

Don't bother with pmqs any more because it's just political jousting for the sake of it.

Just happened upon the last minute or two of it as the radio crackled back into life on the car as we were driving through wooded valleys.

They should have called it off for the day, gone down to the boozer, put the world to rights over a few shiggers, and warmed up for the game.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't bother with pmqs any more because it's just political jousting for the sake of it.

Just happened upon the last minute or two of it as the radio crackled back into life on the car as we were driving through wooded valleys.

They should have called it off for the day, gone down to the boozer, put the world to rights over a few shiggers, and warmed up for the game.

Might be something in that.

PMQ’s at teatime every Friday from a boozer.

They have to start drinking at noon.

That’d be ace.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Boris looks like he's one of those real ale weirdos. Starmer a single malt snob. Wee Nippy a Thunderbirds and Vimto cocktail slurper

I reckon Jimmy Krankie would only ever drink scotch and Irn Bru just because it’d be expected of a jock.

• Site Supporter

Boris looks like a Sherry drinker, maybe a few ouzo’s towards the end of the night.

Starmer is Guinness, nailed on.

Boris would put up a windmill but Starmer would destroy him.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Spider said:

Boris looks like a Sherry drinker, maybe a few ouzo’s towards the end of the night.

Starmer is Guinness, nailed on.

Boris would put up a windmill but Starmer would destroy him.

No chance. Starmer would turn tale and have it away on his toes.

Boris is the master of the late, sliding challenge remember- though he reserves it for the Germans.