Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Latest fucking stupid rule. Rang up to book an appointment to register baby's birth. Got told baby can't come due to covid. Yeah makes sense that. 

It's a shit show

I was feeling poorly on Monday so went on the NHS App, I didn't have the relevant symptoms and it told me "I probably do not have Covid". So I put on PPE and went and got a test kit (we've already been into that one in detail).

That then read positive and I entered the result into the App. I then received a code by email and text to put into my App but the App didn't recognise it. Why didn't this happen automatically?

In the meantime I received text and email telling me to make an appointment at my nearest test centre (28 miles away) for a PCR test the same day. After half an hour of online form filling I got to the appointments bit and it told me there was a technical issue and I should try again which I did a dozen times. I phoned the help line and eventually got to speak with a what I presume to be a human being who told me that the appointments I was trying to book did not exist as they had closed for the day and I shouldn't have received a technical error response.

So I booked and had my test the next day. In the meantime I googled things and it appears the NHS App does not update automatically and once I had updated it accepted my code and I was told to book a test (again). But I did get a nice red 10 on my phone.

Got a positive PCR test result this morning and was then bombarded by test and trace emails. Tried to answer their questionnaire but they required a 10 character password and every one I tried was not strong enough. by this time I had a throbbing headache and was feeling like a bag of sh 1 t. After throwing my phone across the room I persevered and filled in their friggin' questionnaire which didn't ask me for my actual contact details just locations so what good was that?

World Beating my Arse

We landed back from Antigua today, our son at home tested positive 8 days ago, so we've ended up going straight from the airport to the caravan for a few days until his 10 days are done.

On another note, our motorways are fucking wank. Left Gatwick at 12 noon and bar a short 20 minute pitstop halfway, it took the best part of 8hrs to get tho Tesco at Carnforth for supplies.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Dimron said:

It's a shit show

I was feeling poorly on Monday so went on the NHS App, I didn't have the relevant symptoms and it told me "I probably do not have Covid". So I put on PPE and went and got a test kit (we've already been into that one in detail).

That then read positive and I entered the result into the App. I then received a code by email and text to put into my App but the App didn't recognise it. Why didn't this happen automatically?

In the meantime I received text and email telling me to make an appointment at my nearest test centre (28 miles away) for a PCR test the same day. After half an hour of online form filling I got to the appointments bit and it told me there was a technical issue and I should try again which I did a dozen times. I phoned the help line and eventually got to speak with a what I presume to be a human being who told me that the appointments I was trying to book did not exist as they had closed for the day and I shouldn't have received a technical error response.

So I booked and had my test the next day. In the meantime I googled things and it appears the NHS App does not update automatically and once I had updated it accepted my code and I was told to book a test (again). But I did get a nice red 10 on my phone.

Got a positive PCR test result this morning and was then bombarded by test and trace emails. Tried to answer their questionnaire but they required a 10 character password and every one I tried was not strong enough. by this time I had a throbbing headache and was feeling like a bag of sh 1 t. After throwing my phone across the room I persevered and filled in their friggin' questionnaire which didn't ask me for my actual contact details just locations so what good was that?

World Beating my Arse

I think there are gdpr type rules which prevent automatic updating between systems.

The app is nothing to do with track and trace, so you end up having to do some legwork.

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think there are gdpr type rules which prevent automatic updating between systems.

The app is nothing to do with track and trace, so you end up having to do some legwork.

32 billion spent on T&T for a population of 65 million means that I am owed half a million pounds worth of support.

Where do I go for a refund?

3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Owed just short of £500?

65 mill x £500 = £32.5 mill

3 more zeros need to be put on the end... and the incestuous gravy train grabbing fkkrs will keep getting away with it as long as they keep going on the telly guffawing their nonsense and the public keep believing them

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

3 more zeros need to be put on the end... and the incestuous gravy train grabbing fkkrs will keep getting away with it as long as they keep going on the telly guffawing their nonsense and the public keep believing them

65,000,000 x £500 = £32,500,000,000.

That’s £32.5bn in the way report figures, Shirley?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dimron said:

32 billion spent on T&T for a population of 65 million means that I am owed half a million pounds worth of support.

Where do I go for a refund?

That much hasn't been spent has it- was covered some time ago, so you'll need to redo your maths.

Not that it's relevant anyway. If the law says there are certain things the app can't do, then don't blame it, nor the system it operates in. As I said, it isn't part of track and trace neither.

Remember, making it more controlling would have all sorts of civil liberties people screaming even louder than they already did. Hence more input from individuals needed.

At least no one has nailed your doors closed.

On 29/07/2021 at 18:23, Dimron said:

How the fuck did Diane Abbott find her way on here?

Anyone else on here had this Covid malarkey? How long does it last? Do you just have to survive 10 days and that's it, you're better?

Monday-Tuesday: felt a bit groggy and had my tests, it all seemed a bit of a lark to be honest

Wednesday-Thursday: Flu like but agreed with Javid that this is nowt to be afraid of

Friday- Saturday: Coughing like a good 'un and absolutely zero energy level

Sunday: Not coughing but really tired and breathing heavily/deeply

I seem to recall that before we had the vaccine people were going into hospital about a week after first diagnosis so I suppose without the vaccine I'd now be in trouble. 

9 hours ago, Dimron said:

Anyone else on here had this Covid malarkey? How long does it last? Do you just have to survive 10 days and that's it, you're better?

Monday-Tuesday: felt a bit groggy and had my tests, it all seemed a bit of a lark to be honest

Wednesday-Thursday: Flu like but agreed with Javid that this is nowt to be afraid of

Friday- Saturday: Coughing like a good 'un and absolutely zero energy level

Sunday: Not coughing but really tired and breathing heavily/deeply

I seem to recall that before we had the vaccine people were going into hospital about a week after first diagnosis so I suppose without the vaccine I'd now be in trouble. 

I was bad for nine days with those symtoms in January, just got back from abroad yesterday and visited the walk in centre at Leigh with my arms bleeding from blotches on them with i think it's being caused by tablets to thin my blood, ended up in an ambulance and spent seven hours in Wigan hospital because they discovered my ticker was wizzing over to fast. Never had has many tests today. Got the all clear in the end when in my heart rate went back to normal.

Edited by leigh white

11 hours ago, leigh white said:

I was bad for nine days with those symtoms in January, just got back from abroad yesterday and visited the walk in centre at Leigh with my arms bleeding from blotches on them with i think it's being caused by tablets to thin my blood, ended up in an ambulance and spent seven hours in Wigan hospital because they discovered my ticker was wizzing over to fast. Never had has many tests today. Got the all clear in the end when in my heart rate went back to normal.

Bloody hell mate, and I thought I was suffering. It is so depressing, in my very short experience this thing seems to come and go, like it's losing one battle inside of you and then tries something different to break through. Keep fighting the little  bastard is all I can say to you.

I actually feel quite a lot better this morning, hopefully the vaccine is probably the difference

The missus has started some symptoms now.

• Site Supporter

A bloke I vaguely knew as a kid has curled his toes up from this over the weekend. 

He was a real anti-vaxer, didn't have the jab, wouldn't wear a mask etc. Went in hospital on 5th July, intensive care for a couple of weeks died on Saturday, think he'd be about 46

30 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

A bloke I vaguely knew as a kid has curled his toes up from this over the weekend. 

He was a real anti-vaxer, didn't have the jab, wouldn't wear a mask etc. Went in hospital on 5th July, intensive care for a couple of weeks died on Saturday, think he'd be about 46

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Friends workmate is on a vent. 32. Mrs had his baby whilst he is in ICU in Manchester. Awful. 

Thanks for the encouragement guys, Me and LW will do our best not to join them

• Moderators

The technology to do all the track and trace gubbins is an IT project that would take, I dunno, 5 years to implement. It's been thrown together quickly, out of necessity. People slagging it off, what other countries have better systems? Tell me that one.

38 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

10 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Friends workmate is on a vent. 32. Mrs had his baby whilst he is in ICU in Manchester. Awful. 

Sadly, fairly similar story, a bloke who drinks in our local club occasionally died last weekend. Went into hospital with COVID, had to be intubated, and then for some reason a couple of days later, I don't know the full story yet, he had a massive stroke and died. He was only 38, leaves behind a 4yr old and a 6yr old. He'd had his first vaccine jab, but not his second one yet.

• Members
14 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

He’s played a blinder there, bed to himself no striking child no in-laws to deal with 

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The technology to do all the track and trace gubbins is an IT project that would take, I dunno, 5 years to implement. It's been thrown together quickly, out of necessity. People slagging it off, what other countries have better systems? Tell me that one.

I'm not slagging it off, I don't think it's great and it was always going to fall down because it requires the public to play it's part properly.....so you can see the issue there. I appreciate that it would/could/should take a lot longer to develop, but then our glorious leader did tell us it was going to be world beating, which clearly it isn't.

As for which countries have a better system, I wouldn't know, I do know that South Korea are supposed to have a decent system, but they should have, as they have previous experience with the MERS virus and they're also hugely ahead of us technology wise with regards to Smart City / IOT platforms so they can transmit and collate the data properly.

7 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Its shit.

When I had my drive through test they gave me a card to list all my contacts over the last week telling me someone will phone me. I kept myself to myself and only left the house to go to work, the result is I have a definite list of 12 people and 3 locations. The on line form asked me none of this and no one has phoned me for my name and shame list.

I have done my own follow ups and the lying bastards all tell me they are negative, wait 'til I'm let loose again... I'll get the twats.