Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

2 hours ago, Dimron said:

That "old woman" was tweed skirted pony club frequenting tory councillor type who pushed me out of the way as a silly little man and had no time for this mask wearing nonsense... I was in a Boots shop in Rutland... and she was buying cough mixture

She might have had a cough.

2 hours ago, 1969 said:

Felt like shit this morning 

Aching arms and legs,slight temperature and absolutely knackered.Had a test and to my surprise I'm negative 

Go into Boots and push old ladies out of the way... why should I get all the stick?

PS... you've got it

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Dimron said:

Johnson is losing his vaccine bounce because the vaccines are obviously not working as well against the latest variants

Dear me.

Is this for real?

Fwiw, the vaccines work pretty well against them, and perhaps better than the scientists thought they might.

Still, that's all Johnson's fault of course. End the contract with Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna immediately and save a few quid.

• Site Supporter

There's covid chasers out there. We've got a guy at our place putting on all the symptoms of long covid and I know for a fact will end up with 6 months full sick pay, Occy Health are scared to death of calling it out.

Call me unsympathetic, but I know exactly what he's doing the slimy fucker.

• Members
1 minute ago, Alf Hartigan said:

There's covid chasers out there. We've got a guy at our place putting on all the symptoms of long covid and I know for a fact will end up with 6 months full sick pay, Occy Health are scared to death of calling it out.

When it first started all this there was a few knobheads on my team who had a test every couple of weeks conveniently on their weekends in (this was when it took a few days to get your test results back) 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

When it first started all this there was a few knobheads on my team who had a test every couple of weeks conveniently on their weekends in (this was when it took a few days to get your test results back) 

Aye, without going into details this guy has played a blinder.

I want to punch his head in, been that blatant, but nowt anyone can do.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

My chest has been shite since covid last October and comes under the 'long covid' symptoms. It doesn't stop me working although I don't do heavy manual work in which case it might not help but not stop me I don't think. If you are a lazy workshy nobber then you will jump on this like the cunt you are - he sounds like one!

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

My chest has been shite since covid last October and comes under the 'long covid' symptoms. It doesn't stop me working although I don't do heavy manual work in which case it might not help but not stop me I don't think. If you are a lazy workshy nobber then you will jump on this like the cunt you are - he sounds like one!

Spot  on , thanks, hope you get better soon 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ani said:

Yoof tested positive so that is us isolating for 10 days. Nothing happening Saturday is there ? 

Personally, I'd take a test everyday and if negative on Saturday make the trip 

You're double jabbed so chances of passing it on greatly reduced too  

Or go via Wales where double jabbed don't have to isolate from Saturday

Which goes to show that you're ok to crack on with minimal risk 

Or to put it more succinctly, fuck it

• Members
56 minutes ago, Zico said:

Thats exactly what I'd do. Fuck it. 

This is the weirdest disease known to man.

I've woken up this morning and its gone away, just like that... a bit of a mucus like tickle on the throat and that's it. 2 days left on the app and I bet if I do a test later it'll be negative. First properly solid shit for over a week too.

Starving hungry, going to get out there and cut the grass.

• Members
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

This is the weirdest disease known to man.

I've woken up this morning and its gone away, just like that... a bit of a mucus like tickle on the throat and that's it. 2 days left on the app and I bet if I do a test later it'll be negative. First properly solid shit for over a week too.

Starving hungry, going to get out there and cut the grass.

Is that a weird side effect craving?

43 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Is that a weird side effect craving?

Its weird

Definitely had symptoms yesterday and this morning they've gone. Just demolished a load of toast and orange juice and off out into the garden now.

Hope its not like those films where you see all the seawater roll back from the coastline exposing wrecks and lost villages and then a 200 ft tsunami comes in!

4 hours ago, Zico said:

Lad is pretty rough at moment, his mum just made him some lunch, 'that smells nice' I said , he thought I was taking the piss. 😂

TBH I have thought about just cracking on but am sticking to rules. We have a close family person who is going through Cheemo and very vulnerable so if following the rules at least shows we are respecting shit he is going through will do it. (And my missus would fucking witter on like shit for weeks) 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Ani said:

Lad is pretty rough at moment, his mum just made him some lunch, 'that smells nice' I said , he thought I was taking the piss. 😂

TBH I have thought about just cracking on but am sticking to rules. We have a close family person who is going through Cheemo and very vulnerable so if following the rules at least shows we are respecting shit he is going through will do it. (And my missus would fucking witter on like shit for weeks) 

fair enough

when I got pinged and told to isolate last week due to apparent close contact, the only thing I didn't do was go to the gym

apart from that, did a test every day which came back negative so walked the dog, went for a run and nipped the shops with mask on etc (nothing really changed apart from the gym)

way I see it now, in my day to day life the only ones at risk are most likely to be those who haven't had a jab, and as most have been offered i'm fine with crackign on with caution

the fact that double jabbed don't have to isolate after august 16th, and that wales moved this forward to the 7th. suggests to me that the double jabbed are of less risk to themselves and others and not much will change between now and the 7th or 16th, so it's not even a deadline based on science, it's just an arbitrary date

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dimron said:

Hope its not like those films where you see all the seawater roll back from the coastline exposing wrecks and lost villages and then a 200 ft tsunami comes in!

aye, or like when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be an oncoming train

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

Agreed. just because some very vocal gits are breaking the rules doesn't mean we should.

Wife is pretty rough with it today but my symptoms virtually disappeared overnight.

It is a fkin weird disease, now I've had it and my jabs the more I am convinced the thing is manufactured and it is now being fought by a similarly manufactured defence weapon, it just doesn't behave like any anything else I have picked up during my 65 orbits of the sun.