Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

3 hours ago, Zico said:

fair enough

when I got pinged and told to isolate last week due to apparent close contact, the only thing I didn't do was go to the gym

apart from that, did a test every day which came back negative so walked the dog, went for a run and nipped the shops with mask on etc (nothing really changed apart from the gym)

way I see it now, in my day to day life the only ones at risk are most likely to be those who haven't had a jab, and as most have been offered i'm fine with crackign on with caution

the fact that double jabbed don't have to isolate after august 16th, and that wales moved this forward to the 7th. suggests to me that the double jabbed are of less risk to themselves and others and not much will change between now and the 7th or 16th, so it's not even a deadline based on science, it's just an arbitrary date

I think if pinged I might be different but as it is someone in house feel different. Also not sure would be fair to go and him not be able to go. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ani said:

I think if pinged I might be different but as it is someone in house feel different. Also not sure would be fair to go and him not be able to go. 

that is what you call "tough shit"

even better if we win 5-0

serves him right for catching it

4 hours ago, Dimron said:

now I've had it and my jabs the more I am convinced the thing is manufactured and it is now being fought by a similarly manufactured defence weapon, it just doesn't behave like any anything else I have picked up during my 65 orbits of the sun.

I'm not a tin hatter but now I have had the fucker I know this thing is manufactured, how on earth could I have gone to bed last night feeling shit and wake up right as rain? I've been reporting to you all "live" over the past week that the thing was weird and how I felt there was something strange going on in my body (calm down Rudy).

Will we ever get to know the truth? No we'll be like mushrooms in the shed, kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

The politicians and strategists probably know in retrospect that they should have just adopted a pin point burnt earth policy on the initial outbreak at the Wuhan laboratory and the nearby market... a couple of low yield nuclear tipped Tomahawks would have done the job. But how can they ever admit to this? Joe Biden has reopened the case files for a full report but we'll never know the truth in true X Files tradition.

That leakage has fucked the entire world over.

Nowt we can do about it though.

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

I'm not a tin hatter but now I have had the fucker I know this thing is manufactured, how on earth could I have gone to bed last night feeling shit and wake up right as rain? 

Not sure if that post was in jest or not - but what you're describing here is quite common with viral infections. 

And don't be too surprised if you start feeling like shit again over the next 24 hours either.

27 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Aye that's what I meant to say as well but was far more abrupt, apols for that dimron wasnt trying to be offensive.

No offence taken mate.

This thing is weird, it really is nothing like I've come across previously... it might be a  "natural" virus but it is different. I've felt it lurking at the top of my windpipe and trying to get into my lungs every night while lying in bed and also felt the resistance from the jabs, its been like a mini-war going on.

Then without warning the fucking thing has gone, that is the freaky thing.

As you have all said... lets see what the next 24 hrs brings

Edited by Dimron

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Dimron said:

No offence taken mate.

This thing is weird, it really is nothing like I've come across previously... it might be a  "natural" virus but it is different. I've felt it lurking at the top of my windpipe and trying to get into my lungs every night while lying in bed and also felt the resistance from the jabs, its been like a mini-war going on.

Then without warning the fucking thing has gone, that is the freaky thing.

As you have all said... lets see what the next 24 hrs brings

in what way?

1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

in what way?

I felt like the infection was trying to get down my windpipe and something was in the way... I had a tickly irritation just beyond my throat for several days which with normal colds and flu would work its way down and become a real cough but it didn't seem able to make progress... except for a short time on Friday night when I could feel irritation further down and it was murder, but after getting a sweat on it went back and then faded away.

I can only put this down to the jab helping my white (cell) army to beat it. Probably mainly psychological but it helped as I feel totally healthy now.

As I keep saying it was bloody weird.

Edited by Dimron

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I felt like the infection was trying to get down my windpipe and something was in the way... I had a tickly irritation just beyond my throat for several days which with normal colds and flu would work its way down and become a real cough but it didn't seem able to make progress... except for a short time on Friday night when I could feel irritation further down and it was murder, but after getting a sweat on it went back and then faded away.

I can only put this down to the jab helping my white (cell) army to beat it. Probably mainly psychological but it helped as I feel totally healthy now.

As I keep saying it was bloody weird.

overthinking it big time, glad to hear you're well and hope it stays that way

20 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

overthinking it big time, glad to hear you're well and hope it stays that way

So far so good

Back at work next week and my first priority will be a Tool Box Safety Talk about Covid hygiene... or in reality it will be full on "Which of you lying lazy spineless fuckers gave the boss a dose of Covid?"... I'll get even with the bastards

They love me really 🙂

Well, my Mrs is off furlough next month and back to work full time - although she's only being paid for 3 days she's been working 5/6 a week for a couple of months- everything is opening up, 3 press nights this week.

My contract with work got extended until Jan - apparently they want me around which is a nice stop gap but I need to get back to pre covid wage as the redundancy funds are gone now.

Jobs are out there but not to the same level, few things coming up with the company I set up and the folks who are there but I need a bit more security of income and the two other directors don't really (I mean I'm.renting in Bromley, one has a flat in West Ken, a home in the cotswolds and a French villa -and he said to me we all.have outgoings the pranny) 

So fun times ahead. I need the commercial cash but have really enjoyed working in the museum sector this year. Oh well, was nice while it lasted....