Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

desperado

• Site Supporter

I know there’s a Euro forum but I’m not sure everyone goes on it. So I reckon we’ll get more discussion on here.

Crazy goings on with the Mount and Chilwell isolations - what about the jocks, how have they ended up with no-one having to isolate??

Anyway, throws up an opportunity for someone else. Hope it’s Grealish. Would like to see him and Foden starting together.

Oh and win the group convincingly none of this settle for 2nd bollocks

COME ON ENGLAND!!

• Members

I’ve heard Grealish Saka Henderson Maguire will all go on in tonight 

We’ve been beaten off iceland and Croatia in latter stages of tournaments, there’s no mugs, win the group, take the game to Portugal, France or the Gerrys in the next round rather than facing Poland or Slovakia and get turned over, if you want to be the best then beat the best

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I’ve heard Grealish Saka Henderson Maguire will all go on in tonight 

We’ve been beaten off iceland and Croatia in latter stages of tournaments, there’s no mugs, win the group, take the game to Portugal, France or the Gerrys in the next round rather than facing Poland or Slovakia and get turned over, if you want to be the best then beat the best

So that will be Henderson, Rice & Phillips in midfield then 😁

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Teams out

Pickford 

Walker, Stones, Mguire, Shaw

Rice Phillips Grealish 

Sterling Kane Saka

This definite?

Good to see Saka given a go, but would have liked to have seen a different midfield set up.

I hope Saka is given the left hand side to run at defenders and get the ball across.

The mount/Chilwell situation seems ridiculous; they interact with a player for a few seconds and are sitting out. 

The sweaty players, who have shared a changing room, trained with and played alongside gilmour dont have to.

I don't know if this is just over caution in the England camp, to protect the rest of the team - just in case, or whether its a perverse aspect of the covid security plans that football and the tournament insist on.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This definite?

Good to see Saka given a go, but would have liked to have seen a different midfield set up.

I hope Saka is given the left hand side to run at defenders and get the ball across.

The mount/Chilwell situation seems ridiculous; they interact with a player for a few seconds and are sitting out. 

The sweaty players, who have shared a changing room, trained with and played alongside gilmour dont have to.

I don't know if this is just over caution in the England camp, to protect the rest of the team - just in case, or whether its a perverse aspect of the covid security plans that football and the tournament insist on.

UEFA have said all nations must adhere to what their respective nations health advisors information, England’s came from public health England so their hands were tied 

33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This definite?

Yep

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

UEFA have said all nations must adhere to what their respective nations health advisors information, England’s came from public health England so their hands were tied 

Makes sense: Southgate said in his interview that the FA were consulting with the PHE.

I'm a little surprised that the Scottish equivalent says they're fine. They seem to be a bit stricter/later to reduce restrictions. 

47 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Apparently PHE didn’t insist on Mount & Chilwell missing the Czech game and going into isolation, it’s been decided by the FA as a precaution. All a bit ott considering all the players are tested on a regular basis and so far all Englands players have tested negative.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Apparently PHE didn’t insist on Mount & Chilwell missing the Czech game and going into isolation, it’s been decided “in house”. All a bit ott considering all the players are tested on a regular basis and so far all Englands players have tested negative.

I don’t think Mount would have played anyways and Chilwell who knows so they’ll be available to play the next game 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This definite?

It's 4-2-3-1 

Grealish playing in the middle behind Kane with Sako and Sterling either side 

Works for me anyway

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Zico said:

He is tonight, no sign of Foden though

I was about to get Cross when Southgate very eloquently explained Fodens omission due to his yellow card and with him potentially being without Mount next week he’d didn’t want to lose Foden as well.

To silence the negative doubters as well, he talked about the attacking players having a great opportunity to express themselves without pressure.

COME ON ENGLAND