Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

desperado

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I paid £45 for the group games, £60 for the round of 16 and the semi final and £81 for the final, each game I got 2 tickets (BOGOF) Being in a wheelchair has some benefits (I'd rather have the use of my legs back)

How was your experience of the final?

Hearing stories on the media of folk not being able to get into their seats because of interlopers etc.

Hope everything was OK for you.

It was hard work, loads of lads crowded behind us, pissed and banging into folk, stewards were terrified, bloke in the next bay to me has MND and one started abusing him, after the game it was terrible the streets, broken glass everywhere and gangs of youths spoiling for a fight

Edited by athywhite1958

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

It was hard work, loads of lads crowded behind us, pissed and banging into folk, stewards were terrified, bloke in the next bay to me has MND and one started abusing him, after the game it was terrible the streets, broken glass everywhere and gangs of youths spoiling for a fight

We're a nation full of nob heads. 

7 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

Piss off yourself you ignorant git, who’s talking about booing. I’d take reading lessons if I was you you absolute tit.

Mate

Your post was the very last thing I wanted to read just after the match, some folk can't wait to put the boot in can they?

Our next road trip starts at Cambridge on 28th August, after the game we drive to Harwich, overnight ferry to Rotterdam, drive to Dortmund to see a German friend and bar owner, stay 2 nights then drive to Budapest for the Hungary V England game, stay for 4 days/ghts, drive to Warsaw for the Poland V England game, probably stop off before Warsaw for couple of days then 4 days in Warsaw, fly home because the driver is driving to Africa

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

Our next road trip starts at Cambridge on 28th August, after the game we drive to Harwich, overnight ferry to Rotterdam, drive to Dortmund to see a German friend and bar owner, stay 2 nights then drive to Budapest for the Hungary V England game, stay for 4 days/ghts, drive to Warsaw for the Poland V England game, probably stop off before Warsaw for couple of days then 4 days in Warsaw, fly home because the driver is driving to Africa

Got my tickets for Cambridge sorted today, Bonner's brother has just scaffolded the back of my house and has promised to sort it... asked me were I wanted to sit... "In the dug out" was my reply

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

What a disgrace.

A return to national service may be in order. Country is feral.

3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Depressing read this. Glad you're okay anyway, must have some cracking memories from the tournament. 

Reading earlier that a bunch of IT geeks have been working overnight to identify those racially abusing players online. Basically been asking folk to screenshot comments and profiles and send them to them. Out of the 6000 plus emailed, 1109 were identifiable and 158 had already been identified. Christ, if this is what a bunch of amateurs fuelled on coffee can do then imagine what the riches of Twitter and Facebook could pay for? 

29 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Reading earlier that a bunch of IT geeks have been working overnight to identify those racially abusing players online. Basically been asking folk to screenshot comments and profiles and send them to them. Out of the 6000 plus emailed, 1109 were identifiable and 158 had already been identified. Christ, if this is what a bunch of amateurs fuelled on coffee can do then imagine what the riches of Twitter and Facebook could pay for? 

Read there was only 4 who had racially abused on line and two have been identified; both claim their account was hacked but can’t believe that. One was a Wolves fan living in Worcestershire who is 50

looked again there was thousands; most removed by Twitter 

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Members
13 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Zico doing the lords work

2 hours ago, Dimron said:

Mate

Your post was the very last thing I wanted to read just after the match, some folk can't wait to put the boot in can they?

I know, we were all a bit peed off after the game Dim  but I think you missed the satire in my “Southgate out” comment. I think he’s done a terrific job so far and hopefully he’ll go that one better next year in Dubai? The pens were naff but which one of us would have the bottle to walk out there in front of that crowd and millions on TV, with the hopes of the nation on your one kick? 

9 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

I know, we were all a bit peed off after the game Dim  but I think you missed the satire in my “Southgate out” comment. I think he’s done a terrific job so far and hopefully he’ll go that one better next year in Dubai? The pens were naff but which one of us would have the bottle to walk out there in front of that crowd and millions on TV, with the hopes of the nation on your one kick? 

Still pals then?

• Members

The lads who got racist messages, heres my suggestion, find the ones that did it charge them get their mugshot, take it blow it up and slam It on a billboard outside their football club and around their town with the tweet that they sent and RACIST In big fuckin neon colours 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The lads who got racist messages, heres my suggestion, find the ones that did it charge them get their mugshot, take it blow it up and slam It on a billboard outside their football club and around their town with the tweet that they sent and RACIST In big fuckin neon colours 

As well as use your volcano?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

they probably aren't even English, no such problems here

anyway

had a look at the odds for Qatar

Brazil @ 11/2
France @ 6/1
England @ 9/1
Belgium @ 10/1
Spain @ 10/1
Italy @ 10/1
Germany @ 12/1
Argentina @ 12/1
Portugal @ 14/1
Holland @ 16/1

we still have lots to do if we're to beat the best and win it, and I get France being favourites, but not Brazil - there line up in the Copa America had some average looking players in there like Richarlison, Soares and Fred