Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News

kent_white

• Site Supporter

Apparently the gammons don’t think it’s right wing enough.

They we’re defending Epstein the other night.

Its exactly as disjointed and amateurish as we all knew it would be.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Apparently the gammons don’t think it’s right wing enough.

They we’re defending Epstein the other night.

Its exactly as disjointed and amateurish as we all knew it would be.

Going to have to watch it now for a laugh

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Zico said:

Looking forward to the investigative journalism show Miami Right 

Like the Cook Report but with a more slap stick approach

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

Miami attack!

A fly-on the-wall documentary where the Westhoughton based roofer takes on lots of potentially addictive pass times.

Miami’s Vice

I've tried to give it a chance a few times

I turned it on the other day, and they were doing one of my pet hates, which was showing what people on Twitter are saying about a subject - who really cares what some plumber from Walsall thinks about the traffic light system for travel and COVID variants??!?, how that can be used to fill up a news slot is always beyond me (SkySports are the worst for doing this) - the thing with GB News, is that obviously they'll only select tweets from numb as piss stones Gammons, as that's their target audience.

The morning show is utterly dreadful, and "Dewbs" is really shit - she always looks surprised when the camera goes back onto her, like she wasn't expecting it. The fact that we all know it was set up pretty much as Gammon TV, and even the Gammons don't think it's right wing enough is quite amusing. The fact that they're happy to broadcast opinion as news, means that they need people that can do it well, and the likes of Michelle Dewbury and Kirsty Gallagher just can't do that, they're clearly being "fed" their opinions. If they are to remain as a broadcasting entity, then they'll need a shake up, and will probably go for more of the "shock jock" type approach so I'd not be surprised to see Katie Hopkins rock up at some point

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I can't believe the word Gammon has been used so many times and Paul Hanley hasn't shown up.

It's like Beetlejuice - say "Gammon" three times very quickly, and he often appears, the Gammon-In-Chief

Tory Gammons have got stuck into Channel 4 now, they haven't given them any interviews since Johnson refused to appear in a live climate debate... so they replaced him with a block of ice that steadily melted under the studio lights... the debate was crap but it was a great stunt.

21 hours ago, kent_white said:

He'll be OK now his views are no longer being surpressed! 🙂

Maybe, but remember he did say that he didn't think he'd "ever get over" people trying to deny democracy - I hope he's not done anything rash and hurt himself in his despair

Edited by Sweep

I'm just watching it again now. Watching a roving reporter talk to people in the street about whether they should cut down how much meat they eat to help reduce climate emissions. 

She looks like she's doing it for a college project. She keeps saying 'definitely' every time someone makes a point.

I was looking forward to watching this channel - just because I like to have my views challenged, and I do think there's a need for a channel like this. But the quality is absolute garbage so far. Watched about 10 hours in patches. I'd assumed it would be decent with Andrew Neill at the helm, but it looks like one of those local, public access news channels you used to find on channel 700+.

Watched it again this morning, they've already changed the format of the Breakfast show, and got rid of the useless Kirsty Gallacher and Nana Akua, which is something at least - although whoever the new girl is, gave out the wrong email address twice and had to be corrected by her co-host. I really thought and hoped it would work as a concept, but I just can't see it staying on air at all unless the production quality improves

The good bit I saw was some Gammoness called Rebecca (I think), who basically came on just to read out some tweets, that were just people tweeting about the show saying how great they thought it was. It was pure Partridge.

18 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Be interesting to see what they're like when the morbid curiosity factor wears off.

If they sort out the issues they have, then they might do OK, the Breakfast show, is sadly floundering in the most recent viewing figures, as they showed BBC Breakfast @ 1.4 million and The Great British Breakfast @ 56,000 

Whilst I take the piss, as it is clearly designed with a Right Wing agenda and they would much rather report opinion more than actual fact, I'd like it to at least some competition against the BBC, and give us a bit of choice, especially in the morning. As bad as GB News is, it's still not as bad as GMTV which these days seems to be just Andi Peters on every 15 minutes trying to get people to enter a competition.