Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

I went to that Quarter Final from Uni in Leeds. My Chelsea supporting room mate drove us down. As we wandered around those tight terraces by the ground we heard that Roy Greaves was injured & would miss his first game in over 100.

Stood on a terrace, near the front & so were looking at players knee level. Rioch, Gemmill, O'Hare, Davis, Charlie George & the rest. But, like the Liverpool games to come we took it to them from the start. A great nght.

• 3 weeks later...

Well you reap what you sow and Derby have overspent massively to rejoin the big boys and got themselves into this mess. How lucky were they to survive last year and they may not be as lucky this season? How they haven’t had the book thrown at them stinks but surely their comeuppance must arrive some time?

Would love this lot to get a taste of what we’ve had over the last couple of years .Been taking the piss don’t know how they’ve got away with it . Worked with one of their  ‘fans’ for a few years what a deluded arrogant cunt he was . Hope they get their comeuppance don’t think I’ll be on my own . 

The problem is wiggy, the bigger you’re perceived to be by the EFL, the more you get away with but these buggers have got away with murder and need to be made an example of. To be fair though, even we were given considerable latitude unlike the Burys and Macclesfield of this world but nothing like Derby who everyone can see have fiddled the figures to their advantage.

Edited by SirNatsDog

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Oh how their supporters have laughed at us on the last 2 or visits. Can't wait to play them again when hopefully they will still be in a real mess

They were right wankers , I remember 1 Bald headed bloke giving it loads all game , when I was walking back to my car there were 3 blokes with hoodies up , they got to their car and I walked past I just happened to look around and the gobby Bald headed bloke  pulled his hood down , had a furtive look around and shot into the back of the car . That pretty much sums them up.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Rudy said:

9 senior players on the books inc 2 GK’s

Rooney takes part in training injures a player out for 3 months 

8 players remain.

sounds angry or like he might have something else on his mind or something

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Are you suggesting saint Wayne has been up to no good?

Well I'm suggesting he probably wishes he hadn't gone out Saturday night, and that Colleen doesn't read the papers

On 06/07/2021 at 14:58, Dr. Feelgood said:

I went to that Quarter Final from Uni in Leeds. My Chelsea supporting room mate drove us down. As we wandered around those tight terraces by the ground we heard that Roy Greaves was injured & would miss his first game in over 100.

Stood on a terrace, near the front & so were looking at players knee level. Rioch, Gemmill, O'Hare, Davis, Charlie George & the rest. But, like the Liverpool games to come we took it to them from the start. A great nght.

One of my favourite all time games, great atmosphere and we murdered them. Whatmore was brilliant that night ran his bollocks off.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Been referred to the police and suggestions of blackmail. 

Doesn't alter the fact he fell asleep in a hotel room with some birds he met in a night club 

Let's face it 

That's all his mrs will give a shit about 

No one else gives a shit

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Doesn't alter the fact he fell asleep in a hotel room with some birds he met in a night club 

Let's face it 

That's all his mrs will give a shit about 

No one else gives a shit

He’s done it on more than one occasion and she’s stuck with him

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Been referred to the police and suggestions of blackmail. 

quelle surprise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57989881

Wayne Rooney: Police drop blackmail complaint

Officers said they were satisfied that no offences had taken place.

The Derby County manager said he did not wish to take the matter any further, the force added.

33 minutes ago, Zico said:

quelle surprise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57989881

Wayne Rooney: Police drop blackmail complaint

Officers said they were satisfied that no offences had taken place.

The Derby County manager said he did not wish to take the matter any further, the force added.

Which, he claims, is a surprise to him.

He's a soak. Needs help. She sticks with him for the kids sake I guess. But she loves the money, fame & lifestyle.

Obviously a divorce would leave her with the house to raise the brood, 50% and maintenance payments so she'd survive rather well. Maybe she is willing to let him do his wanderings. But she must still hate being exposed like this. We see her petty side in the Vardy case, she's not naturally one to take things lying down (so to speak).