Feeling low

bolton_blondie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I one drove into Bishop Auckland town centre had a mooch about and when i was relieved to see the motor was still there , i drove home feeling like a male model and Britain's wealthiest , best looking , luckiest geezer alive.

Hackage alert...leigh white, cut it out

Had to have my dog put down just under three weeks ago.

It has totally knocked me off balance. Bongo used to come to work with me. He started to be "out of sorts" and I only took him to the vet on 19th May... it appears he had cancer on the spleen. liver and pancreas and didn't tell me.

Reading & posting with all you irreverent fuckers has helped a lot. That and building a garden wall.

At least you all know now and it's off my chest.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Dimron said:

It has totally knocked me off balance. Bongo used to come to work with me. He started to be "out of sorts" and I only took him to the vet on 19th May... it appears he had cancer on the spleen. liver and pancreas and didn't tell me.

Reading & posting with all you irreverent fuckers has helped a lot. That and building a garden wall.

😢😢😢 I'm so sorry 

47 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Fucking hell. I'm not a pet person but that's horrible. 

And Blondie... Chin up. At least you're not Matt Hancock! 

Thanks Blondie.

He wasn't the first pal I've had to take on that last journey to the vet and he won't be the last but it really fucks your head up.

However I have sat with people with cancer who have asked me about an "off button" and I am certain you have too.

Time marches on.

5 hours ago, Dimron said:

Our dog had to have an emergency hysterectomy a couple of weeks back, but thankfully she made it and is on the road to recovery.

Sorry for your loss.

ive also been struggling with stress and depression and iam sure its all down to being locked down,over the past 2 years ive become more and more unlikely to be bothered to leave the house,which for me is very unusual, i have since phoned the doctor and they have given me some numbers and web sites to have a read off, also recently mu mum had a fall and fractured her hip which has made me have time of work and made me do all this.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Dimron said:

Gutted for you 

Mine is nearly 5 and hate the thought that one day he'll be gone 

Sometimes think it'll be better if I go first

• Members
1 hour ago, fester58 said:

ive also been struggling with stress and depression and iam sure its all down to being locked down,over the past 2 years ive become more and more unlikely to be bothered to leave the house,which for me is very unusual, i have since phoned the doctor and they have given me some numbers and web sites to have a read off, also recently mu mum had a fall and fractured her hip which has made me have time of work and made me do all this.

Has she been offered any help or are you doing it yourself? 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Gutted for you 

Mine is nearly 5 and hate the thought that one day he'll be gone 

Sometimes think it'll be better if I go first

Cheers

I took Bongs on at 9 yrs old four years ago so it has come around too quickly in a way.

But I'd do it all over again. We lasted two months without a dog before Bongerman came along.

Typical of my previous terriers, apparently fit as a fiddle and into everything and then they just keel over. He had the vet fooled until his final day... we all thought it was a pancreatitis episode caused by old age until then.

"Appreciate them while they're here" is what a long retired dog vet once told me

Edited by Dimron

4 hours ago, Dimron said:

Cheers

I took Bongs on at 9 yrs old four years ago so it has come around too quickly in a way.

But I'd do it all over again. We lasted two months without a dog before Bongerman came along.

Typical of my previous terriers, apparently fit as a fiddle and into everything and then they just keel over. He had the vet fooled until his final day... we all thought it was a pancreatitis episode caused by old age until then.

"Appreciate them while they're here" is what a long retired dog vet once told me

Only another dog owner can understand the pain and grief that comes when your dog passes away. Non dog owners think we’re mental getting upset over the loss of a dog. It’s happened to me 4 times and i’ve currently got a Jack Russell cross thats 14 now & isn’t in the best of shape, i actually had her booked in at the vets a couple of weeks ago to have her put down as she seemed to be suffering, but i rang & cancelled it after she made a comeback. I know i’m just putting off the inevitable, but the old girl seems to be enjoying life again.

54 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Only another dog owner can understand the pain and grief that comes when your dog passes away. Non dog owners think we’re mental getting upset over the loss of a dog. It’s happened to me 4 times and i’ve currently got a Jack Russell cross thats 14 now & isn’t in the best of shape, i actually had her booked in at the vets a couple of weeks ago to have her put down as she seemed to be suffering, but i rang & cancelled it after she made a comeback. I know i’m just putting off the inevitable, but the old girl seems to be enjoying life again.

All the best pal.

You'll know when the time is right, as you been through it before you'll know they give you that certain look that says "I can't do this anymore, sorry".

• Members

Had to put my eldest Dog down the other week, completely out of the blue cancer got him. 
A few years ago if this would have happened I would have gone in a bad place, now I was sad and devastated but my mental health is in a totally different place now and I dealt with it well, It does get better, it can get better don’t be afraid to ask for help

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Had to put my eldest Dog down the other week, completely out of the blue cancer got him. 
A few years ago if this would have happened I would have gone in a bad place, now I was sad and devastated but my mental health is in a totally different place now and I dealt with it well, It does get better, it can get better don’t be afraid to ask for help

Cancer got mine too, no warning.

On a purely selfish note my "mental health" has decayed because I do not have the de-fragging time anymore when I used to walk along the river every morning before work... now I just pile out of the door and as a result I am totally done in by the end of the week. I have also taken to lying in bed too much but I intend to give myself a right royal kick up the arse next week.

But hey... I'm still alive. unlike Bongo

On 26/06/2021 at 10:43, bolton_blondie said:

Has she been offered any help or are you doing it yourself? 

shes got carers in morning and night,and the bolton council have been really helpful,but its the bits in between morning and night that iam doing, its a slog but i only got 1 mother who looked after me so its my turn now.

• Members
39 minutes ago, fester58 said:

shes got carers in morning and night,and the bolton council have been really helpful,but its the bits in between morning and night that iam doing, its a slog but i only got 1 mother who looked after me so its my turn now.

Wish more people where like that. You wouldn't believe the amount of people I see who families only appear out the woodwork when there is money involved. She'll be proud of you. 

9 hours ago, fester58 said:

Spot on.

Well done mate, you're obviously a very good son to her.

22 hours ago, Dimron said:

Spot on.

Well done mate, you're obviously a very good son to her.

iam only doing what most decent sons/daughters would/should do. lifes a bit of a grind at the minute iam on the pat and mick for a while,while shes recuperates and then ill sort myself out after that.

• Site Supporter

Lot of this about right now.

Folk I know who have been solid as a rock their whole lives are emerging from the lockdown as shells of their former selves.

Throw in a mixture of being locked up, boozing, money/job concerns and you have a fairly toxic situation for so many people.

No easy answers, but talking definitely helps. It brings perspective and often a realisation that your situation really isn’t that bad, or as desperate as you may think.

Going for some fresh air, even a short walk around the countryside or a park makes a huge difference if you’re able to.

Sitting at home dwelling on stuff really does make it worse.

drink plenty water during the day if you’re having a beer/wine in the evening and make a glass of water your final drink before bed.

All these little things add up and can make your perspective a little brighter.

Talk. Walk. Water.

It’ll be reet folks, honest.

• Moderators

Well i jacked my job on monday

Done 9 months there and its now 3 months at their beck and call but mainly in the garden

Massive relief, but better get stuck in as i want to do a few more years, even if its not so well paid