Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tennis

Spider

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

Is shit as we all know.

However, there's a woman wearing knee length socks on centre court right now and I've decided that they should be mandatory for all female tennisers.

The socks are there to distract you from Her face. Like a melted welly 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Is shit as we all know.

However, there's a woman wearing knee length socks on centre court right now and I've decided that they should be mandatory for all female tennisers.

Bethanie Mattek-Sands always wears long socks - she always has a look of utter muck about her

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Murray was brilliant tonight. It’ll take some doing to come back in 48 hours to take on the number 10 seed. You’ve got to admire his guts and determination to come back from where he’s been. 

In 48 hours. I reckon he'll skip it as Hermes are due to deliver his Ukraine shirt then. 

ABM

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Murray was brilliant tonight. It’ll take some doing to come back in 48 hours to take on the number 10 seed. You’ve got to admire his guts and determination to come back from where he’s been. 

I’ve had same op as him, how the fuck he even has the nerve to drive his body to the absolute limits after that op god only knows. I tip my hat to him. 

• Site Supporter
On 30/06/2021 at 23:05, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve had same op as him, how the fuck he even has the nerve to drive his body to the absolute limits after that op god only knows. I tip my hat to him. 

What exactly does the op involve?

Some are saying he has got a metal hip- but surely that would be a replacement. 

Presumably, resurfacing is different?

Anyway, hats off to the fella.

I reckon he has a chance too; some of the old shots were there and the effort was too.

34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What exactly does the op involve?

Some are saying he has got a metal hip- but surely that would be a replacement. 

Presumably, resurfacing is different?

Anyway, hats off to the fella.

I reckon he has a chance too; some of the old shots were there and the effort was too.

The ball has the arthritic area removed few millimetres, same for the socket, inserted metal cobalt receptor glued into the socket, cobalt cap glued onto the ball.  With the amount of hammer he’s putting his body under I’d doubt it’ll last more than 5/6 years when normally 15 years plus is possible, he’ll probably need full hip replacement after that. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The ball has the arthritic area removed few millimetres, same for the socket, inserted metal cobalt receptor glued into the socket, cobalt cap glued onto the ball.  With the amount of hammer he’s putting his body under I’d doubt it’ll last more than 5/6 years when normally 15 years plus is possible, he’ll probably need full hip replacement after that. 

Does it affect the ability to take the knee?