Pre-Season 2021/22

matty2094

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

What a shame

I used to work in an office with two other blokes where our standard reply to the usual cock ups and bullshit was:

Me: Oh dear

Ian: Never mind

Sam: What a shame

Edited by Dimron

• Moderators
5 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I honestly think Blackburn will be in the relegation zone this season. Struggling to sign anyone of note.

3k season tickets sold apparently 

Wigan around the same

• Site Supporter

Back to yesterday’s game, does anyone else fear our happiness to win games 1-0 will eventually come back to bite our arses? Barrow were a decent cross/header away from a draw for most of the game.

11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Back to yesterday’s game, does anyone else fear our happiness to win games 1-0 will eventually come back to bite our arses? Barrow were a decent cross/header away from a draw for most of the game.

I thought we did a great job of controlling their threat yesterday so it certainly felt like a ‘comfortable’ 1-0.

Would much prefer that we had a bit of a Crawley away scenario, mind. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I thought we did a great job of controlling their threat yesterday so it certainly felt like a ‘comfortable’ 1-0.

Would much prefer that we had a bit of a Crawley away scenario, mind. 

We did indeed control their threat but many times it was due to their inability to turn a decent ball across the box into a meaningful effort on goal. Better teams may make a better fist of it.

39 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Good day out yesterday, my lads were treating me to a day out for my birthday, they brought one round each, I bought the match , train tickets, food and all the other alcohol consumed throughout the day, got to love em 

... & so near Grange-over-Sands !

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Good day out yesterday, my lads were treating me to a day out for my birthday, they brought one round each, I bought the match , train tickets, food and all the other alcohol consumed throughout the day, got to love em 

It's the howfen way

14 hours ago, Zigstar said:

I've heard a nasty rumour that we scored from a corner tonight.

40 days and nights of rain it is then.

Still fannied about with it before Crawford actually put the ball in. Guess it’s a start though.

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Considering most haven’t seen us play for a long time, i’m surprised more aren’t up for the Blackburn game this weeked. Ticket office expect about 5k to show up. A bit piss poor really imo.

About normal when we was in the premier, when playing Inter Milan etc! Reality check!

49 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Considering most haven’t seen us play for a long time, i’m surprised more aren’t up for the Blackburn game this weeked. Ticket office expect about 5k to show up. A bit piss poor really imo.

I would have hoped for a few more than 5k after all this time without being allowed in, not to mention the first home game after promotion.  Is it buy on-line only, no pay on the day?  My neighbours never miss a home game but are in their 70s and just don't do on line purchasing, I can offer to do it for them but fact is if its all on line it will put a few off.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bollocks, I realised in the mid noughties that friendlies at home especially are not worth going to.

Away maybe, I really enjoyed the Scotland tour in 95.

I remember going to Burnley in the early noughties on my own (last minute decision) and I'd not seen any news on our new transfers that day.

We had a black lad playing midfield and he was trying to shoot from just about anywhere in the Burnley half.

Said to a guy next to me, Who's this fucking idiot? thinking was A Triallist on the paper sheet programme.

Turns out it was only Jay Jay (in my defence he was really shit that day)