Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan statement of intent.

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

He's had 1 very good season at Sunderland + 1 other ok season at Bradford in his career at this level. 

Going from Sunderland to Wigan says more about what his motives are than Wigan's statement of intent. It's certainly not to play for a big club or be nearer his family. Wigan will have a lazy journeyman on their hands without McGeady supplying the ammo

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

He's had 1 very good season at Sunderland + 1 other ok season at Bradford in his career at this level. 

Going from Sunderland to Wigan says more about what his motives are than Wigan's statement of intent. It's certainly not to play for a big club or be nearer his family. Wigan will have a lazy journeyman on their hands without McGeady supplying the ammo

Agree with that.  Looks every bit a journeyman, he'll probably score a dozen but they'll be wondering how to get rid of him in a couple of years.

36 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Obviously they offered him more money than anyone else and at nearly 30yrs old you can’t blame the lad for going - he’ll get 1.5m over 3 years. Statement of intent? More like a desperate act of stupidity by Wigan imo.

I'm hoping Sunderland fans are right and he will be shit without McGeady. That miss against Lincoln in play offs tells me he is not that good. Also before second half of this season my Sunderland mate was raging about how shite he was .

Hoping it blows up in their faces but it is a sign they are throwing money about for better or worse. Wyke mentioning size of club, ground, fans & ambition as reasons for signing 🤣🤣just left Sunderland for Wiggin! We all know why you went pal. Oh and Celtic now pretending they never wanted him is piss funny as well. 

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Congratulations on buying a player that isn't one of our rejects for once. Nice to know you're broadening your horizons. 

He was a target for us when Sunderland priced us out mind. Although saying that it was when we cheated FGR for Doidge, so we probably never actually intended on buying him.

He was pretty poor then got injured at their place in his first season. Here’s hoping he’s rubbish for them as well.

The Sunderland fans loathed him. That said, unless they affect the accent, say "h'away man" every 15 seconds and perform like men possessed they hate everyone. Not one player in their past 10 years has been up to scratch in their collective opinions.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Who is he? Who are they? Who cares.

40 minutes ago, Rudy said:

We’re becoming obsessed with this tin pot club

Who gives a fuck

Are both the correct answers. They really don’t matter anything like enough to be elevated to that status. 

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He scored 31 goals last season for Sun’lun

Exactly Bogs and I’d take someone who scores goals like that over some fancy Dan who doesn’t. Leave the clever stuff to others and let he who knows where the onion bag is get on with it. Very good signing for Wiggin in my opinion and I wish he’d come here but obviously money talked in his case.