Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stalybridge Station Bar.

leigh white

Just now, leigh white said:

Supped Newton Abbott scrumpy cider in 73 and that made me throw my guts up.☺️

The cider bar in Abbott has been failing of more young men than the house in New Orleans. You probably got the bits of rat tail. Like the worm in tequila

5 minutes ago, green genie said:

The cider bar in Abbott has been failing of more young men than the house in New Orleans. You probably got the bits of rat tail. Like the worm in tequila

Ha ha, I can recall when they had to put a zebra crossing on the street outside the pub because so many pisspots were getting hit by cars.😄

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

9% passion fruit Perry In man n sycth

I was a mess. Can't remember much after that one drink 

Lightweight.com 😂 that’s actually less than having a bottle of cheapo white wine. Unless you’d had a boatload somewhere else beforehand, if you had then thats slightly different.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
45 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Lightweight.com 😂 that’s actually less than having a bottle of cheapo white wine. Unless you’d had a boatload somewhere else beforehand, if you had then thats slightly different.

Obviously had 1 or 2 before hand. That just topped off my night. Proper disgrace to womenkind that night 

What was that cider they used to sell in The Howcroft? They’d only let you have about 3 pints of it. Used to start in there for a spell in the 80’s, ended up with dementia by the time Ritzys opened. Fell asleep with my head in a Bhuna a few times in Shimuls later - unless i copped off in Ritzys,then i was just a raging lovebull obvs.

• Members
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Do they still sell that Thatchers rocket fuel in the Man & Scythe? Supped a few of them after the Peterborough promotion, was a mess that night

Not been in for many years but used to sup that when I went in, fuck me I have no idea what they put in it but I’ve lost some memory to that fucker

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Not been in for many years but used to sup that when I went in, fuck me I have no idea what they put in it but I’ve lost some memory to that fucker

Not been in since we were in the prem and before I had kids. 

Would sometimes go in for a pint after the game after being on lager all day and that'd be it. No recollection after that. 

Barring the couple of times I woke up at Manchester Airport I always seemed to get back to manc. 

It's a lot easier living in horwich now! 

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

What was that cider they used to sell in The Howcroft? They’d only let you have about 3 pints of it. Used to start in there for a spell in the 80’s, ended up with dementia by the time Ritzys opened. Fell asleep with my head in a Bhuna a few times in Shimuls later - unless i copped off in Ritzys,then i was just a raging lovebull obvs.

Went for a medical the morning after a minor session in the Howcroft.

Was told to go to the piss house down the corridor, put a sample into a plastic tub, stick my label onto it and put it onto the shelf.

Bloke in front of me was all healthy and sparkly eyed, his sample looked like perfect frothy Fosters... mine came out like cloudy orange juice, smelt rank and I swear it had the wood shavings from the barrel in it.

So I swapped the labels and passed 

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Few pints of thatchers and the place was like a lively night down the green dragon in LOTR 

https://youtu.be/JZUxc-Cb5LM

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Not been in since we were in the prem and before I had kids. 

Would sometimes go in for a pint after the game after being on lager all day and that'd be it. No recollection after that. 

Barring the couple of times I woke up at Manchester Airport I always seemed to get back to manc. 

It's a lot easier living in horwich now! 

We having a reunion there?