Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Music Bucket List

Dimron

My bucket list:

Playing the Tristan Chord at the Bayreuth Festival on a kazoo... never going to happen... forget that one

But if that Yorkie blonde paedo was still around to fix it:

Tapping the triangle in a marching band playing the Dambusters March

Getting up on stage with Samantha Fish and singing "You  Can Go To Hell" in my finest Bolton accent

Think I've seen mine without realising at the time... 

Paul McCartney at Anfield in 2008. Fucking amazing 

Amy Winehouse supporting the Arctics at lancs

Also saw Arctics, kasabian and courteeneers at the apollo. Courteeneers at academy 2 as well. 

Craig Charles funk and soul Is our current go to and I saw him in Blackpool and it was mint. 

Barring going back in time I don't think I've missed owt. Except maybe the white stripes. They were due to play manc and I've have bought tickets but they binned the band off before the gig! 

• Members
18 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Think I've seen mine without realising at the time... 

Paul McCartney at Anfield in 2008. Fucking amazing 

Amy Winehouse supporting the Arctics at lancs

Also saw Arctics, kasabian and courteeneers at the apollo. Courteeneers at academy 2 as well. 

Craig Charles funk and soul Is our current go to and I saw him in Blackpool and it was mint. 

Barring going back in time I don't think I've missed owt. Except maybe the white stripes. They were due to play manc and I've have bought tickets but they binned the band off before the gig! 

Saw arctic monkeys on when they released the ‘who the fuck are the arctic monkeys’ ep £3 in the thirsty scholar, saw Kasabian at academy 2 proper gig that 

Only got Stevie Wonder on my to do list, and he won’t see me so fuck him

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Saw arctic monkeys on when they released the ‘who the fuck are the arctic monkeys’ ep £3 in the thirsty scholar, saw Kasabian at academy 2 proper gig that 

Only got Stevie Wonder on my to do list, and he won’t see me so fuck him

Haha. 

I've just remembered one I missed. Martha reeves and the vandellas... Literally 500m from my door would have loved to have gone but I think my lad was a couple of months old so swerved it. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Haha. 

I've just remembered one I missed. Martha reeves and the vandellas... Literally 500m from my door would have loved to have gone but I think my lad was a couple of months old so swerved it. 

My boss told me how he got a ticket for Nina Simone at the Apollo his Mrs wasn’t best pleased as she was 8 months pregnant so he gave it up. 
His Mrs said she was going into splitting her kipper and it was time to go

Turned out to be a false call, he missed out on Nina, year later she never toured again then died

Selfish bitch

• Moderators

I just need to see Nine Inch Nails live and then I'll have seen everyone I want to see 

Supported by Rage Against The Machine would be a bonus

Years later I found out i could've seen the libertines supporting supergrass but I've never done a support band 

Bit like Bolton, turn up right on kick off

• Members
20 minutes ago, Zico said:

I just need to see Nine Inch Nails live and then I'll have seen everyone I want to see 

Supported by Rage Against The Machine would be a bonus

Years later I found out i could've seen the libertines supporting supergrass but I've never done a support band 

Bit like Bolton, turn up right on kick off

Libs are touring end of the year get it booked 

Done the proms a lot over the years, so many decent deals across the season. Any British composer usually sells out quick as do nights if Sebalius or similar names. But so much new other stuff to listen to. Done the last night in Hyde Park a couple of times as well.

Bucket list gig? Dunno, seen a lot - Dylan, Bragg etc, most of the metal bands I've wanted to see and indie - looking forward to fat white family in a couple of weeks. Possibly Springsteen, other half wants to see NIN - they are doing a festival with Ministry in support which looks amazing. Pixies I guess but got tickets for next year (just got to put up with a few hours of Pearl Jam afterwards) saw Pavement. Dinosaur Jr I'd love to see as I was obsessed as a teenager. 

There's no one legend I desperately want to see that I haven't. Was gutted I turned down free box tickets for ELO, that would have been good. 

Would love to see John Cale perform Paris 1919 though. That album got me through the lockdowns.

My claim to fame was falling asleep during a Led Zep concert at Earls Court.

Day on the lash in the smoke and when Bonham started his tedious half hour plus drum solo, that was it... slept right through the encore, the lot!

21 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'd like to organise a local 3 day festival called Lanky-ska that featured the best bands from all waves of ska and 2tone, ideally becoming an annual event and making Lancashire the epicentre of a global moonstomping earthquake.

I'm with you brother. And hopefully Pauline Black would be lucky enough to meet me. My all time music crush

On 24/07/2021 at 23:29, Rudy said:

Libs are touring end of the year get it booked 

Headlining Playground festival in Glasgow in September too. Got a day ticket last week. 65 quid. James, Glasvegas, Hot Chip playing the same day. Oh and an Irvine Welsh DJ set 

• Members
7 minutes ago, tshape said:

Headlining Playground festival in Glasgow in September too. Got a day ticket last week. 65 quid. James, Glasvegas, Hot Chip playing the same day. Oh and an Irvine Welsh DJ set 

Saw hot chip at Glastonbury, brilliant live

On 24/07/2021 at 22:47, Rudy said:

My boss told me how he got a ticket for Nina Simone at the Apollo his Mrs wasn’t best pleased as she was 8 months pregnant so he gave it up. 
His Mrs said she was going into splitting her kipper and it was time to go

Turned out to be a false call, he missed out on Nina, year later she never toured again then died

Selfish bitch

Is that accurate?

we saw her at the Bridgewater just before she died

And James Brown

And Ibrahim Ferrer

bit of a theme

Tony Bennett escaped with his life

• Members
53 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Is that accurate?

we saw her at the Bridgewater just before she died

And James Brown

And Ibrahim Ferrer

bit of a theme

Tony Bennett escaped with his life

Bridgewater rings a bell, I’ll ask but I’m sure it was there 

Youve seen James Brown? Crikey I’m jealous, did he do the full cape routine?

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Bridgewater rings a bell, I’ll ask but I’m sure it was there 

Youve seen James Brown? Crikey I’m jealous, did he do the full cape routine?

Of course! 

Seen Al Green 3 times, I think.

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Mine and Mrs Rudys first date Al Green at the Apollo 

Seen him twice there!

And once at the Royal Albert Hall