Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mike Riley wins 'Hypocrite of the Year' Award

Dr. Feelgood

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/02/premier-league-referees-told-not-give-soft-penalties-like/

After introducing, supporting & developing the farago that culminated in last season's referreeing standards in the EPL where VAR was micro-analysed & had no focus on 'clear & obvious', the faintest contact was penalised as a foul, players 'winning fouls' was encouraged, handball became a mystery as defenders kearnt to play with their arms behind their backs, he now says he's spoken with players and managers and this season these things will be relaxed. He refers to the recent Euro's & comments on how much better it was referreed.

Yes. It was. Because you were nowhere near it you fatuous twat.

After virtually ruining football he looks to blame others, claims to have seen the light and promises a brighter future as if he had nothing to do with it all.

Oh, but it'll probably take a few years to settle. Well, keeps him in a job doesn't it.

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

How about giving a free kick for taking too long over a goalkick when he wasn't even looking... One word from Shearer  was all it took. Allardyce said when they studied the game afterwards it was the quickest taken goalkick of the whole match! 

Wasn't that the other officious twat David 'Eton House Master' Elleray? I could be wrong they were both Bolton hating tossers! 🤣

I was at that Newcastle game and didn’t think it was a goal kick, iirc Jussi had the ball in his hands and was adjudged to have held it for longer than 6 seconds. Shearer whined to the ref and got a free kick. That Ketsbia got the winner. I was fuckin’ fumin’ and it amost ruined my night at that boat/nightclub thing - Tuxedo Royale?

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I was at that Newcastle game and didn’t think it was a goal kick, iirc Jussi had the ball in his hands and was adjudged to have held it for longer than 6 seconds. Shearer whined to the ref and got a free kick. That Ketsbia got the winner. I was fuckin’ fumin’ and it amost ruined my night at that boat/nightclub thing - Tuxedo Royale?

This is correct. It wasn't a goal kick, but an adjustment to the rules had led to the opportunity to moan like a bitch for shearer. Ref wasn't looking and the striker had deliberately blocked him from trying to kick the thing, then he moaned and got his free kick.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Wasn't that the other officious twat David 'Eton House Master' Elleray? I could be wrong they were both Bolton hating tossers! 🤣

Same shit, different pile😁. You could well be right I think most refs hated us apart from Sir Uriah Rennie. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought the Ketsbia goal was in an earlier game. My memory is fucked though! 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ketsbia was 97/98 when we lost 2-1 to his iniury time winner

The free kick was 01/02, we lost 3-2, was at that one, Nicky Southall scored a great goal for us

Ketsbia was a fuckin loon 

Reckon the advertising boards at St James are still dented 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Zico said:

Ketsbia was 97/98 when we lost 2-1 to his iniury time winner

The free kick was 01/02, we lost 3-2, was at that one, Nicky Southall scored a great goal for us

Was the Ketsbia the one where Shearer came on as sub after a long injury lay off & we more or less gave him the old guard of honour? I should know as I was there but was pissed as usual in those days 😁

I once spoke to Riley  in a professional capacity before he'd ever refereed a Bolton match. He came across like someone who was a mixture of arrogant and straight laced. 

The list of times he turned us over grew each year.... Alan Thompson sent off at Blackburn for a bookable offence, the infamous Leicester match with Warhurst and Holdsworth given straight reds and him then sending a Leicester player off for nothing because he'd begun to fear a lynching, Boro in the League Cup final. 

The way the Euros were refereed and what unfolded in this country last year is proof positive what an utter cunt this man is. Get him away from the game and put him in an office counting beans. 

• Members
51 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh there doesn’t seem as many ”Look at me, i’m a superstar” referees as there was 20 years ago, in fact i don’t really notice them much anymore - just how it should be.Cunts

Clattenberg was like that. Hair plug cunt. 
Mike Dean is just incompetent and slaughters chickens. The trampmere cunt

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Clattenberg was like that. Hair plug cunt. 
Mike Dean is just incompetent and slaughters chickens. The trampmere cunt

Clattenberg thought he was part of the game. Tosser.

Fully paid up tosser and he loathed Bolton. Kevin Davies especially.  He may as well have booked Davies in the warm-up & got it over with.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Clattenberg thought he was part of the game. Tosser.

Fully paid up tosser and he loathed Bolton. Kevin Davies especially.  He may as well have booked Davies in the warm-up & got it over with.

Clattenberg reffed the CL final and got a tattoo of it

Fuckin twat

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I hated Clatteberg,i always had a sneaky feeling he wore womens underwear under his kit. Just a hunch.

Did you hate him for that, bit harsh even if he did.

I don't like Clattenburg as a ref as it happens,but if he's got a frilly pair of knickers on I don't give a flying fuck.

8 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Did you hate him for that, bit harsh even if he did.

I don't like Clattenburg as a ref as it happens,but if he's got a frilly pair of knickers on I don't give a flying fuck.

Hmmm, sounds like you have almost too much sympathy for men who wear womens underwear, is there anything you want to share with us?

Fwiw i wasn’t being serious about Clatts choice of underwear, i just thought he was a cunt.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

I think the change in recognition of refs goes hand in hand with our fall from the Premier League. Once upon a time we were one of those big teams. We knew every referee and the need to win despite him. Even some of the linesmen were recognisable back then.

Mike Riley is a cunt but no more so than Barry Fucking Knight.