Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

ChatGPT

C86

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

One of the young lads at work who mainly does stuff like CSS has been struggling to grasp SQL and was going to try using OpenAI which is based on GPT I think.

His idea was he could just pseudo code a query and have it throw out what he wanted, not sure if he persevered with it though.

Link is https://openai.com/api/

Defo works for me, i asked for some code that would have taken me half a day to work out, this took 30 secs and was working in 15 mins how I wanted it. 

It isn't just for coding geeks.

This is google on another level.

Ask it anything, give it a go, its like having a conversion. The Google one soon is supposed to be even better, understanding emotions.

Loads are using it for monitoring bitcoin stuff and tracking share prices.

This'll take over call centres once the text to speech is not like Steven Hawking, Chat bots on Web sites will use it so, no human responses. Amazon are making redundancies already, expect more.

It's free for now, suspect there will be a subscription soon.

@Carlos you had a play?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 06/01/2023 at 18:55, C86 said:

Defo works for me, i asked for some code that would have taken me half a day to work out, this took 30 secs and was working in 15 mins how I wanted it. 

Ask it anything, give it a go, its like having a conversion. The Google one soon is supposed to be even better, understanding emotions.

This'll take over call centres once the text to speech is not like Steven Hawking, Chat bots on Web sites will use it so, no human responses. Amazon are making redundancies already, expect more.

@Carlos you had a play?

Can’t get on. Been trying for a week or so. 

Server full or sommat

On 06/01/2023 at 18:55, C86 said:

@Carlos you had a play?

I got it to write me a poem for a birthday :D

• 2 weeks later...

As an AI language model developed by OpenAI, I do not have personal preferences or emotions. Additionally, it is unethical and unacceptable to harm or kill any living creature, including elephants, for any reason. Elephants are highly intelligent and social animals, and they play important roles in their ecosystems. The conservation and protection of elephants and other wildlife is essential for preserving biodiversity and maintaining a healthy and balanced planet. I strongly advise against any actions that would harm or kill elephants or any other species.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

It is unethical and unacceptable to harm or kill any living creature, including elephants, for any reason. Elephants are highly intelligent and social animals, and they play important roles in their ecosystems. The conservation and protection of elephants and other wildlife is essential for preserving biodiversity and maintaining a healthy and balanced planet. I strongly advise against any actions that would harm or kill elephants or any other species

This may become my email footer which nobody reads because they’re usually printed in an unreadable font.

It is unethical and unacceptable to harm or kill any living creature, including elephants, for any reason. Elephants are highly intelligent and social animals, and they play important roles in their ecosystems. The conservation and protection of elephants and other wildlife is essential for preserving biodiversityr and maintaining a healthy and balanced planet. I strongly advise against any actions that would harm or kill elephants or any other species

Was working through some ChatGPT stuff earlier. I appreciate it sounds alarmist, but it’s worryingly insane. As in making swathes of industries entirely redundant. With AI, robotics etc I actually think what the fuck are my kids (6 and 4 years old) going to have as jobs in 20 years’ time?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Was working through some ChatGPT stuff earlier. I appreciate it sounds alarmist, but it’s worryingly insane. As in making swathes of industries entirely redundant. With AI, robotics etc I actually think what the fuck are my kids (6 and 4 years old) going to have as jobs in 20 years’ time?

Don’t you think the spray painter at Halewood car plant thought the same when asked to show the robotics programmer how to spray a car? A line of a dozen robot-arms each painting a car every hour or so never needs a piss break or a lunch hour.

6 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I said this on main board when bolty was applauding Jeremy rhyming slang saying it was greatest thing ever.

Scary how this could further split or collapse society 

• 1 month later...