Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth again...


Wanderlust

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter

Superb win, bossed the majority of that, Aimson the unsung hero, he really brings it all together with the 2 either side of him.

Liking what I see of the whippet. Still needs a few games to get up to speed and gave it away softly a time or 2 I’ll put down to tiredness.

Nlundulu can hold it up well. Made a couple of decent runs in behind we just didn’t spot.

solid all round performance and some decent results. See them off behind us before looking upwards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never in doubt from start to finish. Their lot will be glad to get down the M6 away from the gaff. Beaten and twatted twice in a week and blasted with wind and ice rain in the process :D

Dempsey was superb again, serious captain material. Charles is your worst nightmare as a defender.

Tremendous day at the office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
36 minutes ago, Spider said:

Just about thawed out. Fucking taters up there today.

As good a performance as you’ll see that. Evatt has got that defence absolutely purring and going forward we carry genuine menace. New lad looks raw but talented and has a good set of players around him to get service from.

That back 3 really is brimming with confidence, and that just gives the rest of the team a bit more freedom to go and get the goals.

Chuffed to fucking bits and hoping we can secure play offs by the end of next month. Then see if Plymouth open the door….

#EvattOut

Wouldn't be looking at Plymouth, them and Weds looking strong, be amazed if we got a sniff 

All we need to do is keep making that gap from 7th bigger 

Play like today and we'll avoid defeat most weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Wouldn't be looking at Plymouth, them and Weds looking strong, be amazed if we got a sniff 

All we need to do is keep making that gap from 7th bigger 

Play like today and we'll avoid defeat most weeks

This

dont think we will get top 2 but good chance of the play offs with a couple more quality signings in this window 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, true white said:

We need to stick to that defence. They play really well together. Thought Williams was fantastic today and hopefully keep improving the fitter he gets. Dempsey is a classic act. Fantastic win. In Evert we trust 👍 COYWM 

Agree about the defence, outstanding, especially Toal, although Pompey did have a few chances as @victor meldrewsaid.  Just not as many as us. 

Dempsey definitely showed what he can do today, some quality crosses and good control/quick passing that I haven't seen from him much before, and really intelligent running.  First time I've thought he was our best midfielder on the day.  Bradley wierdly under par, can't remember one time he did something "Bradley-esque" like a lung bursting run or an amazing tackle. 

Williams very hit and miss, looks good on the ball and sharp one minute, then disinterested and half asleep the next.  Not seen any of this electric pace yet, I'm sure he possesses it, but doesn't look as if he's bothered enough to use it! 

Too early to judge N'lundulu, I didn't see anything we didn't get from Baka today, even built like him, but happy to trust IE's judgement that he's an upgrade, he'll get plenty chances to prove himself.

Bod was superb before his injury and seems to play well with Charles, fingers crossed its nothing much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree about the defence, outstanding, especially Toal, although Pompey did have a few chances as @victor meldrewsaid.  Just not as many as us. 

Dempsey definitely showed what he can do today, some quality crosses and good control/quick passing that I haven't seen from him much before, and really intelligent running.  First time I've thought he was our best midfielder on the day.  Bradley wierdly under par, can't remember one time he did something "Bradley-esque" like a lung bursting run or an amazing tackle. 

Williams very hit and miss, looks good on the ball and sharp one minute, then disinterested and half asleep the next.  Not seen any of this electric pace yet, I'm sure he possesses it, but doesn't look as if he's bothered enough to use it! 

Too early to judge N'lundulu, I didn't see anything we didn't get from Baka today, even built like him, but happy to trust IE's judgement that he's an upgrade, he'll get plenty chances to prove himself.

Bod was superb before his injury and seems to play well with Charles, fingers crossed its nothing much.

Blimey.

He's absolutely miles better in possession.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Never in doubt from start to finish. Their lot will be glad to get down the M6 away from the gaff. Beaten and twatted twice in a week and blasted with wind and ice rain in the process :D

Dempsey was superb again, serious captain material. Charles is your worst nightmare as a defender.

Tremendous day at the office.

That's about it.

Shit knee slide for Dion's goal celebration mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As good as some of the others were today I still thought Lee was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Very early with the new Williams but I have a feeling he's got a very good footballing brain that isn't matched by his footballing ability, always looks to be wanting to do the right thing but can't quite manage it. Hopefully Im wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very good performance.

That back 3 are great  together - Aimson does so much talking to the other 2.....

Last 8 games, including 2 Pizza cups, we've let in 1 goal.....

 

It was fecking freezing in the 1st half -  that wind didn't half cut through you...

2nd half warmed up a tad after the wind fecked off.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

I know we haven't show real consistency, but if we could somehow put 7 or 8 wins together, might have us close enough to worry the top 3.

Big ask though tbh.

The table is interesting. A number of away games to play against those a little below us.

However a number of homes against the lower teams.

Not sure what that means exactly :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.