Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Openly gay footballer

Ani

16 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

😂

Done my fair share of sex ed lessons in schools. Always easier when you laugh it all out and embrace the banter. Talking about kids with two dads or a man that likes to dress as a woman really is the easy part.

Most difficult things you come across are exploring things like control in relationships, or consent. Or the kid who says gays are disgusting because my Quran tells me so, had to address that many a time.

Now you’ve also got lots of young blokes obsessed with Andrew Tate who preaches all sorts of shite about gay people and women. Teachers are struggling with his influence. 

Most kids don’t give a shite about people being gay or trans, once you’ve given them a space to ask the questions. Mostly the adults who cause trouble. Once had a parent ask us to exclude another boy because they had decided to grow their hair and wear a dress and were ‘planting devil seeds’ in their child’s mind.

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I hope you are not suggesting that homosexuals and paedophiles are one and the same thing?

Where can I find a moderator to complain to?

no, that's your homophobic subconcious bias at work there

I'm simply saying you don't know where those hands have been, and they may not have washed them, so kids shouldn't hold them and potentially catch something like aids

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'm simply saying you don't know where those hands have been, and they may not have washed them, so kids shouldn't hold them and potentially catch something like aids

He’s not homophobic, he just doesn’t want it shoving down his throat.

#JustTheTipPleaseJeff

• Members
8 hours ago, Zico said:

Deuce!

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

😂

Done my fair share of sex ed lessons in schools. Always easier when you laugh it all out and embrace the banter. Talking about kids with two dads or a man that likes to dress as a woman really is the easy part.

Most difficult things you come across are exploring things like control in relationships, or consent. Or the kid who says gays are disgusting because my Quran tells me so, had to address that many a time.

Now you’ve also got lots of young blokes obsessed with Andrew Tate who preaches all sorts of shite about gay people and women. Teachers are struggling with his influence. 

Most kids don’t give a shite about people being gay or trans, once you’ve given them a space to ask the questions. Mostly the adults who cause trouble. Once had a parent ask us to exclude another boy because they had decided to grow their hair and wear a dress and were ‘planting devil seeds’ in their child’s mind.

Write a question on a post it note and I'll try to answer it. 

Some absolute crackers and hard not to laugh. 

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems you're suggesting gays can't be hooligans then, a homophobic bias in your thinking perhaps?

Hooligans ? Just some decent British lads enjoying a jolly old sing song and making a bit of a mess. I think it was the Russians that showed everyone who the real hooligans are. 

Think you've missed the point anyway fella. Just taking a pop at the hypocrisy of the football fans who love a moan about the inconvenience of protests or a Pride flag in your face. 

5 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

In the context of this thread and the comments to the Tweet, I think it’s an interesting story. A story of today you could say.

I didn't read the comments to the tweet, to be honest. I just read the story.

A same-sex couple are both top cricketers, one was devastated at not making the squad, the other has chosen to stay home and console her, putting family first.

Not much to digest in my opinion, but I am apparently a tree-hugging, communist, snowflake, woketard.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

A same-sex couple are both top cricketers, one was devastated at not making the squad, the other has chosen to stay home and console her, putting family first.

Not much to digest in my opinion, but I am apparently a tree-hugging, communist, snowflake, woketard.

You forgot yoghurt-knitting.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Yeah, seems pretty basic stuff to me.

The brave new world, pretty similar to the old one.