Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2024 Holidays

Smiley

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Smiley said:

Just looked at Crete for April. Saying temperatures around 20c. That sound about right?

I’d be disappointed with 20° in April. Just got back from Benidorm and got a couple of 20° days in January. 

That said, I just googled it. H-10°  L-2°

Tek yer thermals!

21 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Just done two weeks in Caribbean. Week cruise and then a week in Barbados. Fucking amazing spoiled only by the fact that it was with TUI. Mrs Manc gets bored at work, books us a holiday and then wonders why I go off on one. It was good but you know that it’s not that good when the Mrs finally turns round and says that she’s sick of TUI fuck ups and we are better booking through your WWays mate. Hallefuckinglullagh!!!! Please don’t anyone book via TUI. Ever!!

California in June courtesy of Traf Tours. Long weekend in Malaga at some point to see my pal and then Far East/Formula 1 trip/NFL trip some time over the next 12/18 months courtesy of Traf

I’ve lost too many friends, work associates and family over the last two years, as has Mrs Manc, at ages that are way too young. We’ve made the decision to do all our big ticket stuff whilst we are still able. Could just about retire tomorrow but we both still working so rather than be the well off folk in the cemetery we are just going for it over the next 2/3 years

The penny will eventually drop for more people eventually, they're a fucking awful company to deal with.
That said, if people insist on using them, I'm more than happy to price match and handle all the admin/hassle on their behalf 😉

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

The penny will eventually drop for more people eventually, they're a fucking awful company to deal with.
That said, if people insist on using them, I'm more than happy to price match and handle all the admin/hassle on their behalf 😉

So you’d book a Tui flight, Tui transfer, Tui hotel and price match them?

31 minutes ago, Traf said:

Indeed mate. She got a price and details from them for a Far Eastern cruise for 2024 whilst we were on the ship and said to me to send the details to you to price match or better. Will send at some point soon once I can scan them

fwiw for anyone reading. I don’t know Traf. I’ve probably/possibly met him at games in years gone by but have no affiliation with him. What I do know is when you’re on holiday thousands of miles away from home he’s on the end of a phone updating you and sorting out problems for you. Compare that with a TUI app/website that refuses to accept your booking reference when you have a problem. Or a helpline that keeps you on hold for over an hour compared to a bloke in Lancashire who responds to your text/email/phone call in a few minutes.

Mrs Manc had fallen for that “everything under one roof the Ponderosa” shite that TUI peddle with their website/app/helpline. Fucking dreadful. Now that she’s fighting for her money back from cancelled trips last year in Crete last year and is still nowhere near refund/resolution the penny has finally dropped. 

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Indeed mate. She got a price and details from them for a Far Eastern cruise for 2024 whilst we were on the ship and said to me to send the details to you to price match or better. Will send at some point soon once I can scan them

fwiw for anyone reading. I don’t know Traf. I’ve probably/possibly met him at games in years gone by but have no affiliation with him. What I do know is when you’re on holiday thousands of miles away from home he’s on the end of a phone updating you and sorting out problems for you. Compare that with a TUI app/website that refuses to accept your booking reference when you have a problem. Or a helpline that keeps you on hold for over an hour compared to a bloke in Lancashire who responds to your text/email/phone call in a few minutes.

Mrs Manc had fallen for that “everything under one roof the Ponderosa” shite that TUI peddle with their website/app/helpline. Fucking dreadful. Now that she’s fighting for her money back from cancelled trips last year in Crete last year and is still nowhere near refund/resolution the penny has finally dropped. 

Sounds cheese, but I just try to provide the same level of service as I'd want someone to give me in another service.

And not just me, there are lots of decent independent travel agents out there.

Yeah, the likes of Love Holidays and On The Beach will undercut everyone to get the business, running on sub-3% profit margins, but (i) you'll never get hold of them and (ii) the terms & conditions that we all tick without reading allows them to change the price of your holiday after you've booked it. They do this a lot and contact you saying they need another £x due to rising costs etc, your choice then is to either stump up or cancel and then wait an eternity for a refund.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Send us a link, I’ll Chuck the wife and kids on one and have a holiday at home alone

You’re beginning to sound like that 🤡 “send us a link” 

@L/H White Aunty just got a week around the canaries for £550PP all inclusive. Caribbean was just under a grand. Those prices were last week 

https://www.cruisedirect.co.uk/po-cruises/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiJSeBhCCARIsAHnAzT90Ad40YKmpzyt0YasAOCvZRGjZcII_pClFJKCa2I2FgvEtHCvID0AaAsiWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’re beginning to sound like that 🤡 “send us a link” 

@L/H White Aunty just got a week around the canaries for £550PP all inclusive. Caribbean was just under a grand. Those prices were last week 

https://www.cruisedirect.co.uk/po-cruises/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiJSeBhCCARIsAHnAzT90Ad40YKmpzyt0YasAOCvZRGjZcII_pClFJKCa2I2FgvEtHCvID0AaAsiWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

No tips required?

They do realise we’re English?