Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Away - Pizza Cup

CambridgeBWFC

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This game doesn't seem quite so important now. Given a choice of going to Wembley twice and the associated lottery, I'd rather miss out on both and go up directly. 

Doing both would be special though. 

I’ll take a pizza cup Wembley trip and no need for play-offs. It’s on, you know.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’ll take a pizza cup Wembley trip and no need for play-offs. It’s on, you know.

Yeah, you're right, it is possible.  Wouldn't want a cup final to potentially affect league form though. Obviously it could work the other way too.

I suppose I'm just being cautious and not wanting to get ahead of myself!

20 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

We’re hardly awash with Wembley appearance opportunities. Take them whenever they appear. 

What that will give the players in the run in will impact far more positively than if they were to fall in the semi’s 

given where the clubs been in recent years, no way the owners / manager are gonna pass up on a potential wembley appearance now

players will be eager for it to now

comps still shite mind

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, L/H White said:

given where the clubs been in recent years, no way the owners / manager are gonna pass up on a potential wembley appearance now

players will be eager for it to now

comps still shite mind

a winning mentality and a victory at wembley could go a long way to helping us in our push for promotion also

it's only 2 extra games, and we've got a mini break in march

fucking go for it

38 minutes ago, Zico said:

a winning mentality and a victory at wembley could go a long way to helping us in our push for promotion also

it's only 2 extra games, and we've got a mini break in march

fucking go for it

Yep we have a maximum of 16 games left plus playoffs. 

all our competition have as many or more apart from Ipswich 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Investment bets are the future (so long as we actually win the thing if we get to the final!)

An ex-colleague used to put a few quid on United (spit) to get to FA Cup final so he had some funds to pay for his weekend.

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

An ex-colleague used to put a few quid on United (spit) to get to FA Cup final so he had some funds to pay for his weekend.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I’ve done. We were still 16/1 after beating Pompey so backed us each way. Think it’s £300 if we win it or £45 if we lose so at least it would buy me a few pints even if we lost. I’ve done something similar with finishing in the top six so it builds up a few quid for any potential play off games.