Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Away - Pizza Cup

CambridgeBWFC

I'm not sure it's "embarrassing" per se.  What is embarrassing is when a club like ours has a half empty ground for a League Cup semi final.  Accrington are a small town that didn't have a league team until 2006, so the town's inhabitants are all Blackburn or Burnley fans.  In many aspects it's still a non-league team that's punching well above its weight.

44 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'm not sure it's "embarrassing" per se.  What is embarrassing is when a club like ours has a half empty ground for a League Cup semi final.  Accrington are a small town that didn't have a league team until 2006, so the town's inhabitants are all Blackburn or Burnley fans.  In many aspects it's still a non-league team that's punching well above its weight.

They was in the league from 1921 until 1962!

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

What's the population of Accy? 😉

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Agree. Accrington fans like Burnley and Blackburn as their big teams to give scale to the argument 

3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Villa & tranmere both dire crowds from us

on the subject of Accrington they managed 2k home fans against for a league game you’d think that they would better that for a  semi (still time I know), no doubt the whole town turns up if they beat us 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Villa & tranmere both dire crowds from us

on the subject of Accrington they managed 2k home fans against for a league game you’d think that they would better that for a  semi (still time I know), no doubt the whole town turns up if they beat us 

They’ve had 4 weeks on sale. ST, members now general sale. If they haven’t had a rush already they aren’t getting one now 

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

What do you reckon gate at Unibol would have been?

Think we’ll get around 7500 and have 10K ST holders and 15k home capacity crowds for league . Seems the boycott is sticking for quite a few 

11 minutes ago, green genie said:

What do you reckon gate at Unibol would have been?

Think we’ll get around 7500 and have 10K ST holders and 15k home capacity crowds for league . Seems the boycott is sticking for quite a few 

It wont stick when you get to Wembley!