Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Away - Pizza Cup

CambridgeBWFC

Accrington did well to beat in-form Shrewsbury at the weekend and move out of the bottom four - perhaps helped by several players coming back from injury - and the form of Lukas Jensen who we briefly had on loan a couple of years ago. That said, Morecambe's win against Port Vale last night put them back in the bottom four although Accy have games in hand.

This is going to be a full on game whichever way you stack it up - a proper cup tie despite how some folk are trying to devalue it.

If we get to Wembley, I won't be going. Last time I went was the Stoke game which was a superb day out with my two youngest - until the game started - and I swore to myself there and then that I wouldn't go back there again.

But we have to get there first and that is by no means straightforward. COYWM!

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Accrington did well to beat in-form Shrewsbury at the weekend and move out of the bottom four - perhaps helped by several players coming back from injury - and the form of Lukas Jensen who we briefly had on loan a couple of years ago. That said, Morecambe's win against Port Vale last night put them back in the bottom four although Accy have games in hand.

This is going to be a full on game whichever way you stack it up - a proper cup tie despite how some folk are trying to devalue it.

If we get to Wembley, I won't be going. Last time I went was the Stoke game which was a superb day out with my two youngest - until the game started - and I swore to myself there and then that I wouldn't go back there again.

You’d go to the Play Off Final, should we get there?

Hope we get there - already planning a day out with the old man, obviously its a slightly easier journey for me. Got to enjoy days like those with your Dad when they come around, as none of us are getting any younger. And its more 'enjoyable' than a play-off final which can be too nerve-wracking.

I mean, if we lose, so what, if we win - lovely. Loved it when we won the sherpa van, 11 year old me certainly didn't think it was tinpot. 

When we got beat off Watford I had a great weekend down there and also versus Tranmere. Didn't get to that many due to work commitments as away a lot over the years so relish any opportunity to go. My last one was the Stoke one and I flew back from Cyprus for the Liverpool one. All have ended the same way unfortunately but hey part of being a Wanderer many disappointments and the odd ray here and there. Dust yourself down and go again. This not going to Wembley nonsense - if we get there and when the tickets are out on sale and the coaches and transports being arranged it'll be hard to not get interested. Whatever your stance on this competition we can't change that bit. It's a trip you might not do again maybe in your lifetime you just don't know, so for me no brainer. My kids aint been and I've two lads brought up as Wanderers who'll be going if we get there, no doubt with me driving and being sensible for once.

Talking of being sensible I'd better get my arse in gear as the road to Accie begins in a hour or so in Spoons. Bit nervous for this one hopefully the alcohol will nullify any negative thoughts.

Have a good day those watching or attending let's hope there's no penalties and we do the business. 

28 minutes ago, freds dad said:

I’ve always gone on the train to Accy but I’m driving tonight so what’s the best place to park. 
Official car park has been taken over by Sky

Go passed crown pub on the left and there are some side streets on the right

Still a bit of a weird feeling for this game.

I want us to win, and I’d go to Wembley if we get there (I have never been to a PJ cup game), mainly for the day out and FOMO if I wasn’t going but obviously also wanting to see us win the lot, but I can’t say I’d be that fussed if we went out tonight either - not as pissed off as if we were to lose against Port Vale on Saturday.

I’m sure others are completely different but personally it’s a bit like an England game for me, I’ve got interest but just not the same level as is normal for Bolton matches.

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

The bit about the stoke game , I agree, I made a pact with my mate that we were never going to Wembley again . Nice ground , awful location , poor transport , humiliating game . The experience was one of the worst days as a wanderer , and at 60+ years of age I've seen some bad one's.

Anyway , beat Accrington and see how my "stay away from Wembley" feelings are challenged 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still a bit of a weird feeling for this game.

I want us to win, and I’d go to Wembley if we get there (I have never been to a PJ cup game), mainly for the day out and FOMO if I wasn’t going but obviously also wanting to see us win the lot, but I can’t say I’d be that fussed if we went out tonight either - not as pissed off as if we were to lose against Port Vale on Saturday.

I’m sure others are completely different but personally it’s a bit like an England game for me, I’ve got interest but just not the same level as is normal for Bolton matches.

That’s exactly how I feel; if we do win the final will be a no pressure day out though.

given the choice between winning tonight and losing Saturday I would sooner beat Vale

Not potentially going to watch your club at a cup final just because you want to boycott it for there being some u21 sides in the early stages, is ridiculous in my opinion 

It's a cup final at Wembley against a good Plymouth team that will be well supported.

For me and many others, Stoke 2011 was our only Wembley experience and I'd do anything to watch us there and have a better experience.

Although it's people's preference if they want to come or not. For me it's a no brainer to walk down Wembley way with maybe 30,000 Wanderers fans 

Edited by Lostock Whites

11 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Not potentially going to watch your club at a cup final just because you want to boycott it for there being some u21 sides in the early stages, is ridiculous in my opinion 

It's a cup final at Wembley against a good Plymouth team that will be well supported.

For me and many others, Stoke 2011 was our only Wembley experience and I'd do anything to watch us there and have a better experience.

Although it's people's preference if they want to come or not. For me it's a no brainer to walk down Wembley way with maybe 30,000 Wanderers fans 

Absolutely, in one!  If we get to Wembley, win or loose, it will be much better than the Stoke game.

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

You won't be going because you saw us lose to stoke ?

For me it's the exact opposite. I want to get back there to make sure I see Bolton win at the new wembley. The thought of that game being the only time I see Bolton at Wembley makes me sick.

36 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think I was more downbeat after Villa as we actually had a chance there.

On 15/02/2023 at 17:46, bwdavefc said:

Looking to swap an adult seat ticket for a standing ticket if anyone fancies being under cover instead of being out in the inevitable rain. 

PM me if interested. Thanks.

Bumping this - anyone fancy being under cover and swapping an adult seat ticket for a terrace ticket? Ta.